- 123.hp.com »
- Update IP Address On HP Printer
How to Update HP Printer IP Address?
Every device that connects to Internet has a unique IP address. When you connect your devices over a network, they use their IP addresses to communicate with each other. By default, printers use a dynamic IP address, which will change now and then. If you face problems while connecting to your HP printer, the final resort will be updating the IP address. This web page will show you the procedure in detail.
Where To Find Your Ip Address?
You can find your printer’s IP address on the network configuration page. Depending on your printer model, the steps to print the network configuration page may vary. This section will give you a common procedure. However, the steps to find the address through your computer are just the same for every printer.
- On your printer control panel, press the Menu button.
- Scroll down and select the Information option.
- Using the arrow buttons, select the Configuration page option.
- When your printer prints this page, you can locate its IP address.
Find Your Ip Address In The Devices And Printers Section
- On your computer, click Start and pick Control Panel.
- Now, in the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound> Devices and Printers.
- In the window that displays, right-click on your HP printer and select Properties.
- Go to the Services tab and note down your printer’s IP address.
How To Update The Ip Address Of Your Hp Printer
- On your desktop, you need to double-click on the Printer icon to open Printer Assistant.
- At the top, click the Utilities option and select Update IP Address.
- When User Account Control shows up, click Yes to continue.
- Now, you will be directed to the Update HP Software with Printer IP Address window.
- Input the IP address of your printer in the Printer’s current IP address field and click Test.
- Finally, click the Save button.
In this manner, you have to update the IP address of your HP printer. Do you have any other questions? If yes, get in touch with our technical experts by making use of the call option provided on this page.