HP Airprint Setup
HP Airprint Setup
HP Airprint Setup is a mobile printing solution that lets you print easily from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch over a wireless network to your HP printer. You can easily setup HP Airprint setup on your printer, either with a wireless connection or with Wi-Fi direct, or HP wireless direct connection.
Guidelines To Perform Prints using Apple AirPrint
Step 1: Pick out your HP Printer
You can print from any app on your Apple iOS device that supports Apple AirPrint.
- Ensure the printer is on and in a ready state. If the printer is in sleep mode or power light is dim, turn on the printer or press the power button.
- Open the email, photo, document, or webpage you want to print, and then select the Action icon to display menu options.
- Select “Print” or the Print icon, depending on the type of file you want to print.
- On the Printer Options menu, click “Select Printer”, and then click your printer from the list.
- Select ”Options” to change other settings if required. Some options, such as paper size, might not be adjustable and should be changed from the printer. If your printer is black ink only, then the “options menu” might not display.
- Choose the number of copies you’d like to print, and then select “Print” for successful HP Airprint Setup.
Step 2: Changing the print option
Print options might vary based on the print app that you use to print. In general, based on the printer and the file type, there are up to five choices or options that display after you select “print” and then click your printer.
- Select a printer from available printers on your local network that you want to, print to and perform HP Airprint Setup.
- Choose the number of copies of the image or document that you want to print.
- Select grayscale to print in black & white. This option is only available for color printers.
- Shows the paper size chosen for the printer. The paper size cannot be modified, from the Apple iOS device.
- If your printer supports two-sided (duplex) printing, then you can choose to print on both sides of the paper.
- You can choose specific pages within a document to print. Page range is only available, with specific apps, and file types, such as PDFs.
Troubleshooting Procedures To Be Followed When Trying To Obtain a Printout From your AirPrint Device
Using Apple AirPrint, you can easily print documents, web pages, photos, emails and content from apps that support HP Airprint Setup.
Follow these troubleshooting tips, if you are unable to print to a local HP printer.
- STEP 1: Check if the printer is turned on. If it is turned on, then turn it off and then on again and see if the issue is resolved.
- STEP 2: Ensure the printer is wirelessly connected to the same network subnet as your iOS device.
- STEP 3: Check if the latest firmware version is installed on the printer.
- STEP 4: Make sure, enough paper is loaded in the paper tray. Also, make sure that the ink or toner is not empty.
- STEP 5: Also, ensure there are no error messages on the printer control panel.
- Sometimes, Wi-Fi printers tend to take several minutes to join a Wi-Fi network after they turn on. Ensure your printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network before you attempt to print.
Instructions To Cancel a Print Job using Your Apple Device
There are two possible ways to cancel a print job with HP Airprint Setup. Either way, you can do it.
- STEP 1: First option is, open the printer control panel and select “cancel” button to cancel the print job.
- STEP 2: Second option is, double-click the Home button from the Apple device and then select the “Print Center” icon at the bottom of the screen, and then select “Cancel printing” in the print summary menu.
Steps To Follow When you Receive No AirPrint Printers Found HP Message on your Apple Mobile
Sometimes “No AirPrint Printers Found HP” message displays when you try to select a printer. Restart the printer and Apple iOS device, to resolve the issue, and then make sure they are connected to the same network. Do the following steps to solve it.
- STEP 1: Ensure other household items do not disturb the wireless signal, and then place the router closer to the printer.
- STEP 2: Restart the printer and router. Then, on a Network Configuration page check the status and verify wireless connectivity. Then, turn on the Apple device to check wireless settings.
- STEP 3: Download and install the latest printer firmware from 123.hp.com/setup
- STEP 4: Open the Embedded Web Server (EWS), and ensure the HP Airprint Setup is enabled.
- STEP :5 Also ensure the router can forward Bonjour packets.
- STEP 6: Try to print from another computer or networked device to the HP printer.
- STEP 7: If still the issue persists, try to reset the printer and see if the HP Airprint Setup issue is solved.