- home »
- HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw
HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw – Wireless Setup
“Cut the Cord: Wireless Setup Made Easy”
Are you looking for a flexible and secure way to access your printer from anywhere within the network’s range? Or are you tired of tangled cables and looking to set up your HP Color printer for Wi-Fi communication? Then look no further. Fortunately, you have reached this comprehensive web page. We’ve got you covered whether you want to connect your HP Color LaserJet Pro M283fdw printer to a new or existing wireless network. So what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in and set up your HP printer on a computer over a wireless network.
To An Existing Network
Do you want to connect your HP Color LaserJet Pro M283fdw printer to an existing Wi-Fi network (to which you have connected your computer or smartphone) but need help with how to do it? If yes, relax. We will help you to do it. Generally, setting up the wirelessly enabled printer for Wi-Fi communication is a piece of cake. However, before we dive in, verify if your printer is in Wi-Fi setup mode. If not, no problem. You can enable this mode with a few taps. Go ahead and continue reading to learn more about enabling the Wi-Fi setup mode and connecting your printer to an existing Wi-Fi network.
- First, let’s put your printer in Wi-Fi setup mode.
- To do so, tap on the Wi-Fi icon on your printer.
- This will open the wireless menu screen.
- Here, select Network setup or settings, then Restore network settings.
- That’s it! The current network settings of your printer will be restored, and the Wi-Fi setup mode will be activated.
- Now, open the HP Smart app or the recommended full-feature printer driver on your computer.
- The app or software will detect your printer since it is in setup mode and display the name on the screen.
- Select your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer on your computer over a wireless network.
And there you go! Your HP Color LaserJet Pro M283fdw printer is all set for wireless printing.
To A New Network
Have you configured a new wireless network at your home or office? Then, pair your HP Color LaserJet printer with it to continue wireless printing with it. And the best part? You can do it within a minute if your wireless router is WPS-enabled. Follow the easy and simple instructions below to connect your printer to a newly configured wireless network using the WPS method.
- First, enable the WPS connection mode on your printer. Need help? Here we go:
- Open the printer’s Wi-Fi Settings menu by tapping the Wi-Fi icon, followed by Settings or Network Setup.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- This will open the screen with two options: push and pin.
- We will go with the push option. Select it and tap “Start.”
- The WPS Connection Mode is enabled on your printer.
- Now, press and hold the wireless router’s WPS button for three seconds. Ensure that you do this within two minutes after enabling the WPS connection mode on your printer.
- The HP Color LaserJet printer will try to detect the network and try to connect to it.
- Once done, open the HP Smart app on your computer (connected to the same Wi-Fi network).
- Select and install the printer on your computer by following the app’s screen instructions.
Learned How to Set Up your Printer for Wi-Fi Communication? Good!
You deserve a pat on your shoulder! You have successfully learned how to set up your HP Laserjet Pro M283fdw printer for wireless communication. With these simple steps, you can now enjoy the convenience of printing wirelessly from anywhere in your home or office. We are always here to assist you and ensure that you have the best printing experience possible. Happy Wireless Printing!