HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill document and user manual
Go through this guide of HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill to understand the process. Refilling the ink in the cartridge is not recommended by the manufacturer. The print quality goes down if the refilled ink is used in the cartridge and the manufacturer does not take guarantee for any damage caused.
HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill step by step procedure
- Refrain from refilling ink in the cartridge as the manufacturer does not suggest it.
- Gather the items mentioned here to refill ink in the cartridge.
- Collect a syringe with a needle, refill ink of the color which is needed, gloves, and a rag to wipe off any ink stains.
- Take out the ink cartridge from the printer. Open the ink cartridge access door and do not proceed until the cartridge stops moving.
- Remove the cartridge from its position. Notice the ink cartridges of two colors, i.e., black and tricolor.
- Do not expose them to sunlight. Make sure the needle is connected to the syringe. Wear your hand gloves and fill the ink in the syringe.
- Take out the labels from the cartridge. Spot the holes to insert the needles.
- Fill the ink properly in the designated hole by locating the color present on the hole. Make sure air does not enter in the hole.
- Paste the labels to their original position again. Clean the ink spillage or leaks using the rag.
How to change ink HP Deskjet 2132 printer
- Read the instructions here to change ink and HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill. You have to change the ink when the ink level is low or empty.
- Load the paper in the printer before replacing the ink cartridges and start the alignment process.
- Elevate the paper tray. Remove any paper that is not in the recommended paper type, and then slide the paper width guide to the extreme left.
- Keep a stack of U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the input tray. Keep it in a way that the short end faces forward and print side is the nearest to you.
- Push the stack of paper in the tray until it halts. Slide the paper width guide towards the right. Do that until it rests against the edge of the paper.
- Move the output tray down and pull the output tray extender. Check the lights blinking on the control panel of the printer.
- Turn on the printer by tapping the Power button. Keep the output tray down and reach inside the printer to grasp the handle. Keep the cartridge access door out to open it.
- Wait until the printer is idle. Gently press on the cartridge to release it and then pull it out of its slot. Open the new cartridge from its packing. Ensure to touch only the black plastic in it.
- Clear the plastic tape. Hold the cartridge in a way that it contacts are toward the printer and insert them into the respective slot. The black cartridge should go in the right slot, and the tri-color cartridge should go in the left slot.
- Adjust the ink cartridge at a small upward angle and press the ink cartridge back in its place. Repeat these instructions to install the other cartridges and then close the ink cartridge access door.
How to check ink levels on HP Deskjet 2132
- Check the HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill and ink levels regularly to get quality prints. It gives an estimate of the ink or toner left in the cartridges.
- Get a replacement cartridge when the ink cartridge becomes low. Remove the old ink cartridge when it no longer provides acceptable print quality.
- Check the ink or toner cartridge levels on the control panel of the printer. Locate an Ink drop icon, Cartridge icon, or an Ink Levels option to check it.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to check the level. Download and run the app on your Windows computer. Choose your printer, tap Printer in the top menu-bar, and then choose Supply Levels.
- Install the HP printer software if you haven’t installed it. Open Software and Driver Downloads, locate your printer name, and comply with the on-screen steps.
- Open the printer software on your Windows. Search HP on your computer and choose your printer name or HP Solution Center. Tap Maintain your Printer if needed.
- Check the ink levels on your Mac by using the printer software. Tap the Apple icon, open System Preferences, and then open the Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan.
- Pick your printer from the displayed list, open Options and Supplies, and then tap the Supplies tab.
- View the ink or toner levels using your Android or Apple iOS devices. Download the HP Smart app on your smartphone to check the level.
- Visit the manufacturer’s site to download and install the HP Smart app on your phone. Add your printer to it so that you can check the ink levels on the home screen and refill it using the HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill guide.
Supported HP Deskjet 2132 ink cartridge number
To know which cartridges will be compatible with your HP printer, read the information mentioned here. The ink cartridge number is used to recognize which cartridge is suited for which model of the printer. There are cases where some printers use more than one cartridge. For the HP Deskjet 2132, the compatible cartridges are HP 63 Black and HP 63 Tri-color for North America and the Asia Pacific. For regions like the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Japan, and CIS, the suited cartridges are HP 123 Black and HP 123 Tri-color.
10 great steps to fix HP Deskjet 2132 black ink not working issue
When the cartridge is damaged, the print quality becomes bad. The printed documents will have ink stains or smears on them. There will be fuzzy or blurred texts and light or streaked documents. This issue can arise if the cartridge was handled roughly at the store. There can be other issues like color ink also not printing along with other print quality issues. Read the steps mentioned below to solve this problem easily.
- Solve the problem of the black ink not printing by following the steps below.
- Use genuine ink cartridges to avoid this issue and don’t prefer HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill. When the error occurs, replace the old cartridge with a new one.
- Make sure you are using the recommended papers for the print job. Using inappropriate papers for printing will result in lines and streaks in the printed documents.
- Load the print side up while loading the paper in the input tray. Most often, the smoother side of the document is the side which should be upwards.
- Align the ink cartridges if you want to resolve this issue and get quality prints.
- Lift the scanner lid. Load the alignment page in a way that the print side is down on the glass. Keep it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid. Tap the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the control panel of the printer.
- Clean the ink cartridges if you have a Windows device. Load plain paper in the input tray and turn on your printer. Search for HP on your device, choose the folder of your printer, and click the name of your printer.
- Wait while the HP Printer Assistant. Tap Maintain your printer when it opens. On the Device Services option, choose Clean Ink Cartridges. Click Print when the cleaning cycle completes.
- Examine the printed test page. If you find the print quality acceptable, click Done. If the print quality isn’t acceptable, press Second-level Clean.
HP Deskjet 2132 cartridge lights blinking after installing new cartridge
The Ink Alert lights blink when there is an issue with the cartridge and HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill. If the ink cartridge is faulty, missing, damaged, incompatible, incorrect, or empty and in a condition to replace, then the Ink Alert lights start to flash. Solve this issue by using compatible and genuine ink cartridges. Remove, examine, and then insert the ink cartridges again to fix this issue.
- Installing a faulty ink cartridge in your printer can create an issue which will be indicated by the Ink Alert lights.
- Notice the lights which are flashing. If the Resume light is off, Power light is On or Off, Ink Alert light (black) is On, and Ink Alert light (tri-color) is On, then do these steps to fix it.
- Make sure that you are using genuine and compatible ink cartridges. The manufacturer does not guarantee the print quality of the documents printed using fake cartridges.
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are not compatible with your printer. Power on your printer and lower the output tray. Grab the handle and lower the ink cartridge access door inside the printer.
- Halt until the carriage moves to the center of the printer and then stops. Press the ink cartridge gently to release it and then take it out of the slot.
- Take the new ink cartridge out of its package and clear the plastic tape. Hold the cartridges by its sides so that the nozzles are toward the printer and place the cartridge into their slots.
- Insert the black cartridge in the right hole and the tri-color cartridge in the left hole. Adjust the new cartridges at a slight upward angle into the empty hole, and push it lightly to fix it in its place.
- Repeat the given steps to install the other ink cartridges if needed. Close the ink cartridge access door. The printer will print an alignment page.
- Raise the scanner cover. Place the alignment page with the printed side down on the glass and place it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Shut the scanner lid. Press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color on the control panel of the printer. The printer will then align the ink cartridges for HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill.