HP DESKJET 2540 WILL NOT PRINT SOME DOCUMENTS, WILL PRINT OTHERS
HP Deskjet 2540 is a wireless All-in-One printer that prints 7 ppm in black and 4 ppm in color. This printer features a flatbed scanner. The simple interface makes it easy to scan photos and documents up to 8.5 x 11.7 in black/white and color. Sometimes, your printer may print a few documents and may not print the other print jobs, which is the most common problem among the users. This problem will occur due to several reasons like incorrect print settings, offline printer status, and queued printing jobs. By following the below instructions, you can solve this HP DeskJet 2540 will not print issue.
CHECK THE PRINT SETTINGS:
- On your Windows computer, choose a document you want to print and click on the File option.
- Click on the Print option.
- Now, the Print window will appear on the screen.
- Select the Properties option.
- Paper Size: Make sure to choose the correct paper size for the sheets you have loaded into the paper tray.
- Paper Type: Ensure to select the paper type of the sheets loaded into the paper tray.
- Print Quality: Make sure to set the print quality settings to achieve good quality printing.
- Black and White: Select the Grayscale option to print in black and white.
- After completing the print settings, click on the OK button to apply the settings and select Print.
- Now, check whether the HP Deskjet 2540 printer is printing all your documents.
CHECK THE PRINTER STATUS OR DELETE PRINT JOBS:
- On the Windows computer, click the Start menu and navigate to the Control Panel option.
- Now, choose the Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel.
- Right-click on your printer and then choose See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline ( deselect the checkbox) or select See what’s printing > Printer > Pause Printing (deselect the checkbox).
- Next, check whether the printer is back in online mode while HP DeskJet 2540 will not print.
Now, ensure that your printer is printing correctly. If the issue continues, follow the below instructions.
- Make sure to set your printer as the default machine on your computer.
- Try to delete all the print jobs from the computer by clicking on Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
- Now, right-click on your printer’s icon and select See what’s printing > Printer > Cancel All Documents.
Using the above troubleshooting methods, you can fix the HP DeskJet 2540 will not print issue where your HP Deskjet 2540 printer fails to print certain documents (but prints all the others).