10 Short Steps for HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup
- Check if the computer is connected to a wireless network.
- Confirm whether the printer is also connected to the same router.
- Load the relevant paper into the tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that the above-mentioned devices are placed within the range near the router.
- To download the revised version of the driver, click the Download link on this page.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Click Continue on the HP Installer screen, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click on the option called Wireless-Make a Wireless Connection to the Printer.
- Select Yes under the HP Auto Wireless Connect window and click Next.
- Attach the USB cable, carry out the on-screen steps and click Next. Follow the prompts and disconnect the cable.
HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Password
A password for a wireless network is often required for connecting a computer and printer. You can find this password on the router, or obtain it from Windows or Mac computer by the HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup instructions below.
- The Internet Service Provider (ISP) of your subscribed Internet Service provides you with a network password.
- Check the paper that came from ISP for a password or at the bottom of the router that is named as Wireless Key, WPA2 password, security password, or WEP key.
- Contact your ISP if you don’t find your password.
- Right-click on the network tray at the bottom of the Windows computer screen.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center and select the option called Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on the printer name, and select Status->Wireless Properties->Security->Show Characters.
- The characters that appears on the screen is your network password.
- On your Mac computer, click Finder and select the Go button.
- Click Utilities->Keychain Access->Local Items->Category Lists->Passwords->(printer name)->Show Password.
- Enter your admin password on the prompt and click O to display the password on the Mac computer.
HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup Mac
Gather the network name and password before you begin with the wireless setup. Carry out the installation steps below to how to set up HP Deskjet 2540 wirelessly.
- Switch on the computer and router. Place the printer near the devices and turn it on.
- Unplug the USB cable if it is connected to the computer.
- Open the browser and go to our web page to locate the Driver Download button.
- Click the button and choose the printer name.
- Select the Download button that is found near HP Easy Start or full feature driver.
- Find the .dmg file or click HP Easy Start on Mac.
- Carry the on-screen prompts to enable the printer setup and install the software.
- On the Installer screen, select the option called Wireless for choosing the connection type.
- Open the printer software, pick your printer name, and click Print Using.
- Choose your printer name under the pop-up menu and click Add to add it to the printer queue.
HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup Ipad
- Connect your Apple iPad to a wireless network and use the same to connect the printer.
- Launch a browser on your iPad and open the manufacturer’s website.
- Click the application called Install HP Smart and carry out the on-screen prompts.
- Touch the HP Smart icon on your device and agree to the Terms, click Start, and tap Allow.
- Press the Cancel and Release buttons simultaneously on the printer for 5 seconds and then release them.
- Click on the plus sign and select Set Up a New Printer.
- Open the Settings option check for the printer name under Wi-Fi.
- Choose the network name, enter the network password, click Done and wait until your iPad completes the connection process.
- Reconnect your iPad to the Wi-Fi network and get back to the HP Smart screen.
- Click Continue and carry out the on-screen HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup instructions.
HP Deskjet 2540 Wireless Setup Iphone
- Connect your Apple iPhone to a Wi-Fi network and use the same to connect the printer.
- Open a Safari browser on your iPad to open the manufacturer’s website.
- Select the option called Install HP Smart and go with the on-screen prompts.
- On your iPhone, tap the HP Smart icon and agree to the Terms, click Start, and select Allow.
- On the printer, press the Cancel and Release buttons together for 5 seconds and then release them.
- Touch the plus sign and click Set Up a New Printer.
- Go to the Settings to check for your printer name under Wi-Fi.
- Choose the name of the network, enter the password, click Done and wait until your iPhone finishes the connection process.
- Re-establish a connection to your iPhone to the Wi-Fi network and get back to the HP Smart screen.
- Select Continue and go with the on-screen HP Deskjet 2540 wireless setup instructions.