HOW TO FIX HP DESKJET 2540 WON’T PRINT ISSUE?
“Is your HP Deskjet 2540 not printing, or is it not responding to the print operation?” If yes, scroll down this page to know the causes and solutions to fix this HP DeskJet 2540 won’t print issue.
When your printer is facing a connectivity issue or the print files are corrupted, these kinds of issues occur. However, you can fix it by performing the simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
*Note: The troubleshooting solutions given below are suitable only for the Windows OS-based computer.
- Restarting the printer: It is an effective and simple method to fix the “printer not printing” issue. After restarting the printer, print a test page to check whether the issue is resolved.
- Resolving the connectivity issue: If your HP printer and the Windows computer (that you’re using to initiate the print job) are not connected to the same network, there is a chance for this issue to occur. So, check and connect the devices (printer and computer) to the same network if they are not connected already.
In case the simple solutions don’t fix the “HP Deskjet 2540 won’t print” problem, try the advanced methods given below.
- Configuring the print settings correctly: Misconfigured print settings may also cause these kinds of problems. Check if the print settings are configured correctly, and your printer is selected in the Print Properties dialog box. If not, configure the settings and select your printer correctly.
- Clearing the error message or code: Check if any error code pattern or message is displayed on your printer screen. If yes, clear it and then perform the print operation.
Method 1: Deleting the print job files
The printer will not print or respond to the print operation if its job files are corrupted. In this case, delete the print job files manually and restart your devices (printer & computer) to fix the HP DeskJet 2540 won’t print problem.
- Turn off your HP Deskjet 2540 printer and unplug the power cord from it.
- Wait for a few seconds, reconnect the power cord, and turn on your printer.
- On your Windows computer, open the Services window.
- Locate and right-click on the Print Spooler service.
- Click on the Stop button.
- Close the Services window.
- Open the Local Disk C window.
- Click Windows > System32 > Spool > PRINTERS.
- Inside the PRINTERS folder, you can find the list of files related to the printer.
- Select all the files and delete them.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Turn off and disconnect your printer from the power source for another 60 seconds.
- Turn on the printer and print a test page.
- If the HP DeskJet 2540 won’t print issue persists, try the next method given below.
Method 2: Running the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” tool
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows computer.
- Select your printer and click the Fix Printing button when prompted.
- Perform the troubleshooting suggestions displayed on the screen.
If none of the methods resolve the HP DeskJet 2540 won’t print problem, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.