[Solved] Perform the Action HP Deskjet 2542 Factory Reset
HP Deskjet 2542 factory reset returns all the settings to the factory defaults excluding the page count, tray size, or language. Do the following to restore the settings.
How to perform factory reset on HP Deskjet 2542 printer
- Check if the HP Deskjet 2542 printer is turned on.
- Press the Power button and hold it for some time.
- Simultaneously press the Cancel button 6 times.
- Leave the Power button to do the factory reset.
- If the problem continues, go to the next step.
- Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel simultaneously.
- Wait for at least 3 seconds.
- Check if the wireless light blinks or repeat the same process.
- Install the printer software within 120 minutes from the HP Deskjet 2542 factory reset process.
- Make use of the auto wireless connect feature to complete the software setup.
Quick Steps: How to I reset my HP Deskjet 2542 printer
- Switch off the HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
- Remove the power cable from the printer.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Replug the power cord into the printer.
- Switch on the printer again.
- Hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds.
- Wait until the Attention light turns on.
- Leave the Resume button.
- Wait until the Attention and Ready light turn on.
- Use the printer after the restoration process.
Solution for HP Deskjet 2542 password reset
- Perform a factory reset process on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press the Cancel button for about 6 times and release the Power button to complete the HP Deskjet 2542 factory reset process.
- Check if the computer is turned on.
- Open the Start menu on your computer.
- Select the Control Panel feature under the menu.
- Click Devices and Printers to display the list.
- Right click on your HP printer name on the list.
- Click the option called Properties.
- Open the Password icon on the computer screen.
- Enter the new password twice and save the changes.