HP Printer »
DeskJet 2542 »
How to Copy Function
HP DeskJet 2542 – How To Copy | Complete Instructions
DeskJet 2542 from HP is a multifunction printer. With this printer, you can effortlessly print, scan and copy documents and photos, even though it does not have a touchscreen control panel. You will learn how to make a copy of an original with the HP DeskJet 2542 printer in this article.
Before we get into copying, let us look at what you need to do to prepare the printer for this purpose. First, make sure the DeskJet printer is turned on and set up. Have you not set up the printer yet? That’s not a problem! You can set up the printer in no time. To learn how to set up and install the HP DeskJet 2542 printer on your computer, click here.
Basic Steps For DeskJet 2542 Copy Function
Read These Steps To Learn How To Copy An Original With Your HP DeskJet 2542 Printer.
- Load blank or photo paper in the input tray if the tray is empty.
- Get the original of the document you want to copy.
- Place the original (you want to copy) face down on the scanner glass of your printer.
- Load the original against the edge of the glass and close the scanner lid.
- Make sure the scanner lid is closed properly.
- Press the Start Copy Black button if you want to make black and white copies.
- Press the Start Copy Color button if you need color copies.
- Increase the number of copies by pressing the Start Copy Color or Start Copy Black button several times.
- Wait while the printer copies the inserted original.
- Once copying is complete, remove the original from the glass and printouts from the output tray.
How To Copy On HP DeskJet 2542
The simple tutorial that shows how to copy using HP DeskJet 2542 printer is given above. Do you want to know the detailed steps to copy with your DeskJet printer? Then please follow the instructions below.
- First, ensure that the recommended media type is loaded in the printer’s input tray. Why the recommended media type?
- Problems may occur if you use an incompatible media type for copying or other printer-related jobs.
- Now, place the item to be copied on the scanner glass.
- Make sure that the edge of the original is not bent and that it is placed correctly on the scanner glass
- Avoid placing the original that is very thick or difficult to rotate.
- Press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button to start copying.
- Press one of the copy keys if you want to increase the number of copies
- Make sure you do this after you have pressed the Start Copy Color or Black button.
- The copy job will start after you press the copy button for the last time.
Copy Button On Your HP 2542
- The HP DeskJet 2542 printer has two copy buttons, Start Color Copy and Start Color Black, on its control panel.
- You will find these two buttons next to the display.
- Press the Start Color Copy button if you want to copy your originals in color.
- Press the Start Black Copy button if you want to copy your documents in black and white.
- The inserted original will be copied in normal print quality. This cannot be changed.
- However, you can increase the number of copies.
- To do this, you can use either the Start Black Copy or Start Color Copy button.
- Press the button several times to increase the number of copies.
- Once you stop pressing the button the printer will start the copy job.
Have you now learned how to copy a document using the HP DeskJet 2542 printer? We believe yes. Contact us if you need help copying a document in real-time or to learn more about the same. Click the toll-free button on this page to contact us