HP Deskjet 2542 Offline Error Fixing
To resolve the HP Deskjet 2542 offline error, first check what are the reasons behind this issue. Resolve this problem by following the steps given here.
10 simple steps to fix HP Deskjet 2542 offline
- Make sure your printer is ready to receive print jobs. When the printer is off or not available for communication, it means it is in the offline state.
- Press the Power button on the printer if it is off or in the sleep mode. Set up the printer by loading paper in the input tray and installing proper cartridges.
- Restart your printer and wait until it is ready to perform the operations.
- Reset the printing system by clearing all the print jobs and printer preferences which cause numerous error states.
- Tap the Apple option and then System Preferences on your Mac. Press Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click on a blank area inside the Printers window and then tap Reset printing system.
- Select Reset in the confirmation box that opens.
- Type the Administrator name and password and tap OK to conclude the reset process.
- Add your printer to the list after the system is reset.
- Try printing now.
10 brief guide to resolve HP Deskjet 2542 printer offline
- Resolve the HP Deskjet 2542 offline issue using your Windows computer.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to fix the printer offline issues.
- Run the HPPSdr.exe file from the downloaded location of your computer and then launch it.
- Tap Start and then select your printer when the app opens. If your printer is not on the list, power it off and then click the Retry option.
- Follow the instructions in the HP Print and Scan Doctor app if a connection issue exists.
- Tap Yes if the screen prompts you to enable the printer updates. Click Yes if the printer prompts you to make your printer the default one.
- Set your printer as the default printer manually. Search devices on Windows and tap Printers & scanners on the list.
- Un-check the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer if it is checked. View the list of printers and tap the printer name that is similar to the name of your printer.
- Click Manage. If there are multiple printers, choose the printer that is idle.
- Select Set as Default under Manage your device. Try to print now.