HP DESKJET 2542 PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING
HP Deskjet 2542 printer troubleshooting can be done using the solutions on various issues given below. The problem on the printer can be caused due to different reasons. Check the following requirement and do the troubleshooting actions to enhance the printer functions.
HP DESKJET 2542 WIRELESS LIGHT BLINKING
The Wireless light on the HP Deskjet 2542 printer starts blinking when the wireless network connection failed on your printer. Solve the HP Deskjet 2542 printer troubleshooting problem by the steps below and establish the connection.
- On the control panel of your printer, press the Wireless button.
- Wait until the blue light turns off on the printer.
- Wait for some time and press the Wireless button again.
- Press it until the blue Wireless lamp lights on.
- Check if the connection issue is solved on your printer.
- If not, press the Wireless button again until the status light turns on.
- Use the WPS button on the router for a network connection.
- The printer now searches to find the wireless router.
- Wait until the HP Deskjet printer configures the connection.
- Try to re-install the full feature driver to connect your printer to the network.
HP DESKJET 2542 WON’T PRINT
- Check if your computer is switched on with the internet connection.
- Open the browser and download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Wait until the downloading program finishes on your computer.
- Click the downloaded file on the bottom of the screen.
- If not, locate the file on the Downloads folder.
- Run the downloaded program HPPSdr.exe on your computer.
- Click Start on the opening screen of the application.
- Choose your printer name from the list.
- Use the Retry option if your printer name is not listed on the screen.
- Read the solutions displayed on the screen and follow accordingly.
- Select Fix Printing to solve the HP Deskjet 2542 printer troubleshooting problem.
HP DESKJET 2542 WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI
- The HP Deskjet 2542 printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi due to an improper signal from the router. Solve the problem with the solutions below.
- To solve the network connection problem, use an automated tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Re-establish the connection with the help of on-screen instructions.
- Click Yes if the application prompts you for the printer updates.
- Select the Yes button again if the computer prompts you to make the printer as default.
- Try to take a print to check if the issue is solved.
- Else, go to the Devices option on your computer.
- Select Printers and Scanners on the results page.
- Enable the option to make the printer as default and choose your printer name.
- Select Manage and make your printer as idle.
- Select Set as Default under the Manage option and then try to print.
CAN’T SEND DOC TO PRINTER ON HP DESKJET 2542
- Check the possible solutions below and fix the print issue of your HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
- Open the Control Panel feature on your computer.
- Click Programs to show the list of installed software on your computer.
- Select the option called Default Programs.
- Choose the option that reads as Associate a file type protocol with a program.
- All the default applications display on the screen.
- Scroll down on the screen and click Choose Default Apps by File Type.
- Select the .docx option and click the + symbol and the document viewer on the list.
- Close the Settings screen and try to print again.
- You can also make use of the HP Smart app to print document files.
- Open the app, click Print, and select Print Document.
DISABLE LOW INK ERROR HP DESKJET 2542
- The HP Deskjet 2542 printer stops printing due to the low ink in the ink cartridges. Replace the empty ink cartridges with the steps below.
- Press OK on your computer screen to close the error message.
- Purchase a new replacement ink cartridge from the HP Store.
- Check the ink level warnings to identify which ink cartridge to be replaced.
- Open the cartridge access door to replace the ink cartridge.
- Push the empty cartridge on the slot to get released from it.
- Clean the contacts area inside the printer with a dampened and squeezed cotton swab.
- Allow it to dry and open the new cartridge package and hold it on either sides.
- Ensure that you don’t touch the metal contacts and insert it into the slot.
- Load the paper that is suitable for your printer and press OK on the printer to print.
- Use this printed alignment paper to align the installed ink cartridges.
HP DESKJET 2542 DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE
- The error message like the driver is unavailable may happen when you try to install or uninstall the printer driver. Carry out the below solutions to fix the HP Deskjet 2542 printer troubleshooting issue.
- Unplug the USB cable that is connected to your printer and computer.
- Click OK or Cancel on the error message.
- On your computer, go to the Programs and Features option.
- Pick the old version of the printer driver from the list and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes on the confirmation message window and wait until the computer shows an error message.
- Click Cancel again to interrupt the uninstall process.
- Click Retry, check if the uninstall process completes, and then restart your computer.
- On the computer window, click Ignore when you see the HP Deskjet 2542 printer troubleshooting issue again.
- Restart the computer you use once the uninstall process is finished.
- Click Download on our web page to reinstall the driver on your computer.