HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup for Windows, Mac and IPad
HP Deskjet 2542 wireless setup needs to be done when you have a new connection, new ISP setup, or a router. This step also needs to be done to revive a lost connection.
HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup with Simple Steps
- Gather the requirements like a computer connected to your Wi-Fi and internet access.
- Set up your printer by unboxing it. Load paper in the input tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Keep the router and computer powered on, and keep the printer close to the router. Connect the computer and printer to the same wireless network.
- Start the full feature driver and software installation by going to the manufacturer’s website and tapping the Download button below your printer model name.
- Stop at the Connect window when you are installing the software. Do not tap Continue on the screen.
- Reset the wireless settings by tapping the Power button to turn it on. Install the software if the wireless light is blinking.
- Press and hold the Wireless button if the light is not flashing. Tap the Start Copy Black twice and the Cancel button thrice. Release the Power button now. The wireless light will blink.
- Install the software by tapping Continue on the HP installation Connect window.
- Go with the instructions, choose Wireless-make a wireless connection to the printer, and tap Next when you see a Connection Options screen.
- Select HP Auto Wireless Connect when the methods to connect display on the screen. Click Yes>Next and continue with the instructions.
Guide to Connect HP Deskjet 2542 to Wireless Network
- Use the Wi-Fi Direct option available for the HP Deskjet 2542 wireless setup process. Turn on the printer, ink cartridges are installed, and blank paper are loaded in the input tray.
- Go to the Devices settings and open the Printers list. For Windows 10, tap Settings on the Start menu. Click Devices>Printers & Scanners. For Windows 8.1, tap Devices on the Charms menu.
- Tap Add a printer or scanner and select Show Wi-Fi Direct printers Find the printer with DIRECT in its name. Do not press the Add device option yet.
- Confirm that your printer is on and in a ready condition. Tap the Power button if it is in the sleep mode. Go back to the computer and now click Add device.
- Quickly return to the printer if a message Enter the WPS PIN for your printer displays. Enter the 8-digit PIN which appears on the control panel or the printout within 90 seconds and tap Next.
- Select the item you want to print. Click File>Print. Press on your printer’s name from the list of available printers and tap Print.
- Connect your Windows 7 computer using Wi-Fi Direct. Ensure that your printer is switched on, cartridges are installed, and blank paper is loaded in the tray.
- Tap the Wireless icon on your computer and select the printer which has DIRECT in its name. Type 12345678 in the password section if prompted.
- Open the document you want to get a print of and click File >Print. Choose your printer from the list of available printers and tap print.
- Connect to your Wi-Fi network again after the print job is complete.
HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup Mac
- Start the HP Deskjet 2542 wireless setup by installing the print driver and software from the manufacturer’s website.
- Choose Wireless in the connection type window when prompted during the installation process.
- Obtain the items like Network name (SSID), network password (WEP key or WPA passphrase), internet access, and a USB cord.
- Ensure that your router and computer are powered on, and connect the printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Power on the printer and keep it close to the computer and within the range of the router. Remove any USB cable if connected.
- Switch on the printer. Remove any USB cable from the printer if connected. Go to the manufacturer’s website, enter your printer model number, and click Submit.
- Change the operating system if you want to by tapping Change. In the Change window, choose your version and then select your version.
- Tap Download next to the HP Easy Start or the full feature driver depending on what appears.
- Open the Downloads folder and tap to open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature .dmg driver file to start the installation.
- Comply with the onscreen prompts to set up the printer connection and install the software. Add your printer to the print queue by clicking the name of the printer.
- Tap Use or Print Using, click the name of your printer on the pop-up menu, and then click Add. Go back to the HP installer to conclude the installation.
HP Deskjet 2542 Wireless Setup IPad
- Use HP Smart to set up a wireless connection on your iPad.
- Install the HP Smart app on your device running on the OS iOS 10 or later.
- Go to the support section on the manufacturer’s website from your phone and install the application.
- Connect the mobile device to your wireless network.
- Open the app and add your printer.
- Perform the functions you want if your printer is added.
- Tap the plus sign if your printer does not appear.
- Select your printer from the list of found printers after pressing the plus sign.
- Set up a new printer as an alternate way of adding your printer and follow the HP Deskjet 2542 wireless setup instructions.
- Start performing operations using the HP Smart app.