HP Deskjet 2546 wifi setup
- Get a computer connected to your Wi-Fi and internet access.
- Turn on your computer and router. Connect the printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Set up your printer, install the cartridges, and load paper in the input tray.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and click Download on the print driver of your printer model.
- Do not tap Continue at the Connect window.
- Reset the wireless settings on your printer.
- Use the HP auto wireless connect feature to do the software setup.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Choose HP Auto Wireless Connect when the screen displays the method to conclude the wireless setup.
- Tap Yes and Next. Go with the onscreen prompts and complete the HP Deskjet 2546 wifi setup.
How to connect HP Deskjet 2546 to wifi
- Read the steps here to know how to connect HP Deskjet 2546 to wifi. Collect items like network name (SSID), network password (WEP key or WPA passphrase), internet access, and a USB cable.
- Ensure that the router and computer are powered on. Connect the computer and printer to the same wireless network. Power on your printer and place within close vicinity of the router and computer.
- Turn your printer on by pressing the Power button. Disconnect the USB plug from the printer if it is connected. Visit the manufacturer’s website and go to the software and driver downloads section.
- Tap Printer on the page Let’s identify your product to get started. Enter your printer model and click Submit. View the default operating system the software results page.
- Press Change, choose your version of the OS, and then click Change if you want to change your OS. Tap Download next to the full-feature driver or HP Easy Start depending on the option.
- Go to the Downloads folder. Open the HP Easy Start file or the full-feature driver file with the extension .dmg to start the installation.
- Go with the onscreen prompts to connect the printer to Wi-Fi by installing the software.
- Add the printer to the printer queue if the screen appears prompting for the same.
- View the screen and tap the name of your printer. Select the Use or Print Using menu, tap the name of your printer, and click Add.
- Return to the HP installer to conclude the installation.
HP Deskjet 2546 wifi password finding
- Check for the Wi-Fi password on your wireless router.
- Go through the original paperwork that came with your ISP to get the Wi-Fi.
- Contact your ISP for assistance to get the Wi-Fi password.
- View the password for your Wi-Fi from your Windows computer.
- Right-click the wireless network tray option and tap Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Tap Change Adapter Settings. Right-tap the name of your Wi-Fi name and click Status.
- Press Wireless Properties. Tap the Security tab and press Show Characters to view your wireless network password.
- Check the password from the Mac computer. Tap Finder>Go>Utilities.
- Tap the Keychain Access application. Select Local Items from the Keychains list.
- Tap Passwords in the Category list. Double-tap your Wi-Fi name and press Show password. Enter the administrator password and tap OK.
HP Deskjet 2546 wifi password reset
- Read the steps to reset the Wi-Fi password on your printer.
- Go to the Home screen of the control panel on your printer.
- Tap the Setup Menu option after clicking the right arrow.
- Select the Network option.
- Press the Wireless option followed by tapping the HP Deskjet 2546 wifi setup and Network option.
- Select the OK option to open the wireless wizard window.
- Choose a network name and press the Continue option.
- Enter OK on the screen prompting to enter your printer password.
- Press OK after entering the password.
- Wait while the screen displays a message Connection successful. The Wi-Fi password is reset now.
HP Deskjet 2546 isnt connecting to wifi
There can be a few reasons if the printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi. The causes include interruption in connection, power issues, outdated driver, etc. Follow these steps to know how to resolve the problem.
- Restart the printer, computer, and router and make a new connection if your printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Turn off your printer and wait for 10 seconds. Unplug the power cable from the printer. Disable the power supply for your computer or the device that you are using to print.
- Plug the power plug to the printer and then turn it on. Remove the power cable from the wireless router and wait for 10 seconds. Reattach the power plug to the router.
- Power on the computer. Now, your devices like the printer and computer are ready to establish a new connection. Follow the steps to connect your printer to a network.
- Make use of the Wireless Setup Wizard to make a wireless connection between your network and printer. Go to the home screen of the control panel and tap the Wireless icon. Click the HP Deskjet 2546 wifi setup icon.
- Select Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings and click Yes to validate your selection. Tap the back arrow, press Wireless Settings>Wireless Setup Wizard after the default settings are restored.
- Wait while the printer searches for available networks. Select the name of your wireless network.
- Add your network name if it is not in the list by tapping Enter New Network Name and type the name of your wireless network.
- Enter the password (WEP key or WPA) and click Done. The blue light will not blink and remain lit once the connection is made.
- Print a Wireless Test Report if the printer fails to connect. Go to the Wireless, HP Deskjet 2546 wifi setup, or Network Settings menu to print the report.