HP Deskjet 2600 setup and installation guidelines
For HP Deskjet 2600 setup, unpack the printer and keep it on a flat surface. Load papers into the main input tray. Connect the network cable if you connect it to the network. Connect the power properly into the outlet. And, locate the power button on the printer and press it. Update the firmware by using the control panel. Install the HP Deskjet 2600 printer software using the wired or wireless connection and the pages prints successfully.
How to Setup and Install HP Deskjet 2600 Printer
- Check the seal of the package before HP Deskjet 2600 setup, unboxing and remove all the packaging material from the printer.
- Raise the scanner lid and remove the packaging cover from the scanner glass.
- Clear the packaging material from the input tray and the cartridge access area.
- Interconnect one end of the power cord to the rear of the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and the other end to the wall outlet.
- Switch on the printer and set your region, language, date and other preferences in the control panel.
- Pull out the output tray and place a stack of plain paper in it.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to rest.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges & while opening the ink cartridges do not touch the nozzles or electrical contacts.
- Insert the cartridges into the slot & close the access door.
- Open the scanner lid & place the alignment page with the print side down the scanner glass.
- Wait till the HP Deskjet 2600 printer completes the cartridge alignment.
How to setup HP Deskjet 2600 wireless printer
- HP Deskjet 2600 setup the wireless connection in Windows, search for Devices in Windows and then choose Devices and Printers.
- Choose Add a Printer and select Add a wireless, network or Bluetooth printer. A Select a Printer window displays. If the printer is in the list, choose it, choose Next and download the driver.
- If the printer is not available on the list, click the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the window to return What type of HP Deskjet 2600 Printer do you want to Install?.
- Choose Add a Local Printer. Select Use an Existing Port (LPT:1 Printer Port) and choose Next. Select Windows Update and wait for the printer driver to update. Choose HP, and select the name of the printer in the Printer’s pane. If the Printer is on the list, choose Next and download the driver. If the printer is not in the list, select the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the window two times to return for What type of Printer do you need to install?.
- Choose Add a Network, Bluetooth or Wireless Printer window and select The Printer I Want isn’t listed. Choose Add a Printer using TCP/ IP hostname or address and click Next. Choose AutoDetect from the Device Type drop-down list.
- Type the printer IP address in the text box and click Next. Wait for the computer to get connected to the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and choose Next to download the printer driver.
Read basic steps for HP Deskjet 2600 wireless setup
- The computer is connected to the wireless network.
- Ensure that the router and the computer are switched on and the computer is connected to the wireless network of the same in which you need to connect the printer.
- Set the HP Deskjet 2600 printer, load paper into the input tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Switch on the printer & keep it close to the computer and within the range of the router during the HP Deskjet 2600 setup procedure.
- Disconnect the USB cables from the printer.
- Choose Download to download and run HP Easy Start.
- When prompted to choose the HP Deskjet 2600 printer, select My Printer is not Shown.
- And, a Printer not Found screen displays.
- Select Continue and then select Wireless Network.
- Select Continue and then finish the HP Deskjet 2600 setup.
HP Deskjet 2600 Wireless Setup Mac
- On the printer’s control panel ensure that the wireless light is blinking and the power button light is bright. If the light is not bright, tap the Power button to wake the printer from the sleep mode.
- If the wireless light is not blinking, touch & hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button at the same time for 3 seconds. After the software gets downloaded, open HP Easy Start and choose Set Up My HP Product.
- Select Accept on the terms and conditions screen. Select Continue on the prepare screen.
- On the printer’s control panel, ensure that the power button light is bright. If the light is not bright, tap the power button to wake the printer from sleep mode.
- The Connect screen lists the printer series and serial number as Ready to Connect. On the connect screen, choose the HP Deskjet 2600 printer and select Continue.
- After the installation checks the network configuration, the Connect screen displays the printer and the wireless network SSID with a Join button in between them. And, if the network name is correct, choose Join.
- Then, if the network name is not correct, select the network name, choose the right network from the drop-down list and select Join. After selecting Join, the computer is temporarily disconnected from the wireless network when the connection and HP Deskjet 2600 setup.
- When the HP Easy start requests access to the selected wireless network keychain on the Mac, choose Allow. Once the wireless network password is accepted, the HP Easy Start sets the HP Deskjet 2600 printer & connects it to the network. Select Continue if the checkmark displays.
- Read & respond to each of the HP Deskjet 2600 setup screens till the Install screen displays. Choose HP Essential Software and select Install. After the selected software installs, choose Continue. Respond till the Enable Printing screen displays. Choose Add Printer to create the print queue.
- Then, on the Add window, select the name of the printer listed under Kind, choose the Print Using or Use menu and choose the name of the printer in the pop-up menu. Choose Add to add the printer to the list. Select Print Test Page to confirm that the HP Deskjet 2600 setup correctly.