- 123.hp.com »
- HP Deskjet 2630 Ink Cartridge Not Recognized
Solved: HP Deskjet 2630 Ink Cartridge Not Recognized Issues
HP DeskJet 2630 is an all-in-one printer that comes with two ink cartridges: black and tri-color. The genuine HP ink cartridges for this printer are provided along with its product box when you purchase the machine for the first time. Installing the ink cartridges on a printer is straightforward. However, users face some common problems after installing/replacing the ink cartridges on their printers. Here, on this page, we will show you how to resolve the ink cartridge not recognized problem on the HP DeskJet 2630 printer.
How to Fix HP Deskjet 2630 Ink Cartridge Not Recognized?
This problem occurs due to numerous reasons, such as:
- Installing an incompatible ink cartridge
- Installing the ink cartridge on the wrong slot
- Problem with the ink cartridge
- Problem with the ink cartridge contacts, etc.
Now, let’s try some simple workarounds to resolve this cartridge problem on your printer.
Installing The Genuine Ink Cartridge
- Installing non-genuine ink cartridges may lead to these kinds of problems.
- So, check if the genuine ink cartridge is installed on your printer as the first step of troubleshooting.
- If not, remove the existing ink cartridge from its slot.
- Get the genuine ink cartridge for replacement from the HP Store or retailer.
- Unpack the new replacement cartridge and install it into its slot.
- Now, if the printer prints an alignment page automatically, you can confirm that the installed ink cartridges have been recognized by the machine. If not, execute the next method below.
Resetting The Printer
- Some small hidden bugs on your printer can also block the printer from recognizing the installed cartridges.
- In this case, resetting the printer is the best option to resolve the cartridge problem. To do so, turn on your HP DeskJet 2630 printer if it is turned off.
- Now, gently unplug the power cord from your printer. Count for 60 seconds and reconnect the power cord to your printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer and check if the ink cartridges are recognized.
- If not, execute the troubleshooting solution below to resolve it.
Re-installing The Ink Cartridges
- Installing the ink cartridges in the wrong slots could also be the cause behind these problems.
- So, check if the black ink cartridge is installed in the right slot and the tri-color in the left. If not, remove and re-install them.
- Also, ensure that the ink cartridges are unpacked and installed properly in their slots.
Cleaning The Cartridge Contacts
- Keeping the cartridge contacts free from dust and debris is very important to maintain the printer and ink cartridges properly.
- Check and clean the cartridge contacts to resolve your printer’s “ink cartridge not recognized” problem.
- To do so, remove the ink cartridges from their slots.
- If you find any dust particles in the carriage and ink cartridge contacts, get a lint-free cloth and clean them.
- Then, reinstall the ink cartridges and close the door. Print a page or document to check whether the problem is resolved.
- If the HP DeskJet 2630 printer fails to recognize the installed ink cartridge, execute the solution below.
Replacing The Problematic Cartridge
- Installing the correct ink cartridge is very important.
- Try to learn which cartridge is causing this problem and get a replacement for it.
- Next, open the cartridge access door and remove the problematic cartridge from its slot.
- Unpack and install the replacement cartridge on your printer.
Contact us for further assistance in resolving this cartridge problem. To do this, you can use the call option provided on this page.