How to Scan
HP Deskjet 3630 How To Scan | To Computer, Email, Mac
If you need documents or a step-by-step guide on HP Deskjet 3630 how to scan, go through the information given here to understand the process. The steps here will help you scan from your Windows or Mac computer. You can make use of other features available on your device to scan your document or photo.
10 Simple Steps: HP Deskjet 3630 How To Scan
- Go to the manufacturer’s website from your Windows computer.
- Scroll to the Software and Driver Downloads section.
- Type your printer model and tap Download next to the full feature driver.
- Proceed by following the displayed instructions to connect your HP Deskjet 3630 how to scan.
- Choose the option that has HP Scan.
- Place your document to be scanned on the scanner glass or the document feeder.
- Type HP on your Windows computer and choose your printer.
- Wait while the HP Printer Assistant opens. Click Scan.
- Tap Scan a document or photo. Wait while the HP Scan opens.
- Click a scan shortcut, alter the scan job settings, and tap Scan.
HP Deskjet 3630 How To Scan To Computer
- Make sure you have installed the printer software on your computer.
- Turn on the Windows computer and printer and ensure they are connected to each other.
- Load your original document on the right front corner with the printed side down on the scanner glass.
- Type HP on the search bar of your Windows computer and double-click the printer icon on the desktop.
- In Windows 8.1, tap the down arrow in the lower left corner of the Start screen and choose the printer name.
- In Windows 8, give a right-click on the Start screen, tap All Apps in the app menu, and then choose your printer name.
- Tap Scan and then Scan a document or photo in the printer software.
- Choose the scan type and tap click Scan.
- Select Save as PDF in case you want to save the document or photo as a PDF file.
- Select Save as JPEG if you want to save your photo or document as an image file.
HP Deskjet 3630 How To Scan Mac
- Turn on your Mac computer and go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Download the HP Driver and Software package. The HP Easy Scan may get downloaded along with the package.
- Download the application from the App Store if it is not in the package.
- Place the document or photo with the printed side down on the scanner glass or in the document feeder. Close the scanner lid.
- Use the document feeder to scan multiple pages of your document. Do not load photographs in the document feeder.
- Enter scan on your Mac and select HP Easy Scan from the list of results. Wait while the HP Easy Scan opens.
- Choose your printer from the Scanner list. Select a scan job type from the Presets list. Tap Scan.
- Open the thumbnail of the scanned item present in the left panel and press Edit to change the colors, size, etc.
- Tap Send in the bottom-right corner and click Folder. Type the file name in the Prefix field.
- Register the location of the file in the Where option. Click Save
HP Deskjet 3630 Scan To Email
- Obtain the requirements to use the scan to email function.
- Install and set up a local email client on your computer.
- Configure any web-based email account like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc., through your local mail client.
- Search Windows for HP on your computer and choose your printer. Wait while the HP Printer Assistant opens. Tap Scan and then Scan a document or photo.
- Choose an email shortcut like Document to Email or Email as JPEG. Tap Scan. The scan preview will open.
- Press Send. A new message will open with the scan attached.
- On your Mac computer, open Finder>Go>Applications. Double-tap the option Image Capture.
- Tap your printer name in the Devices or Shared list and tap Show Details if necessary. Change the settings like Scan Mode, Name, Format, etc.
- Press Scan after making all the changes.
- Wait while a new email automatically opens with the scan attached.
HP Deskjet 3630 How To Scan Multiple Pages
- Scan multiple pages of your document using the scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Type HP on your Windows computer and choose your printer from the displayed list. Wait while the HP Printer Assistant window opens.
- Tap Scan>Scan a Document or Photo. Wait while the HP Scan window opens.
- Choose the Save as PDF or Document to File option. If you used the ADF to scan multiple pages, tap Save. All the pages will save into one file.
- Load the next page or photograph on the scanner glass if you are using that method to scan. Tap the plus button or icon in the HP Scan preview window to scan the next item.
- Redo the same steps until all the photos or pages are scanned. Tap Save. Choose PDF in the Save as type menu if you want to save it as a PDF file.
- Enter scan on your Mac if you have a Mac computer to scan your documents or photos. Tap HP Easy Scan and wait while it opens.
- Scan a document or photo using the available methods. If your printer supports the ADF, you don’t have to load the next page to scan. Press Scan after you load the document and it will automatically scan.
- Load the next page or photograph in the scanner glass and tap Scan Next Item or Add. Do these steps until all the pages are scanned. Tap Send>Folder.
- Choose PDF if you want to save it as a PDF file. Tap Where to save the scan and mark the checkbox next to Save all items to a single file. Press Save.
HP Deskjet 3630 Scan Button
- View the printer control panel screen to check if the Scan option or button is available on it to perform the scan operation.
- Check if your printer has a touchscreen with a scan menu. If it has, you don’t have to download any additional software to scan.
- Use scanning apps available for your Windows and Mac computer. Apps like HP Scan software and Apple Image Capture are available for Mac computer.
- Make use of the HP Scan and Capture app, Windows Scan app, etc., if you have a Windows computer.
- Perform the Scan function on your scan-enabled printers using the Webscan feature in Embedded Web Server (EWS). There is no requirement to install additional drivers or software.
- Load your document or photograph on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder. Tap Scan in the top menu bar on the EWS.
- View the message You cannot use this function because it has been disabled appears. Open Settings>Security>Administrator Settings. Tap OK or Redirect to HTTPS to go to a secure HTTPS-enabled page.
- Click Advanced>Proceed to (printer IP address) if a message Your connection is not private displays.
- Open the Administrator Settings and tap the box next to Webscan or Webscan from EWS>Apply>OK
- Go back to the scan menu, choose the scan preferences, and click Start Scan. Follow the instructions HP Deskjet 3630 how to scan and save the scan.