HP DeskJet 3700 Series Not Printing – Troubleshoot
Is your HP DeskJet 3700 series printer not printing? Or is your HP DeskJet 3700 printer not responding and showing “Offline” or an error code on its or your computer screen? Then you are not alone. We are here to help you resolve it. There is no such printer problem that you cannot resolve. Most printer problems we face are already diagnosed and fixed by printer manufacturers. You can resolve the “HP DeskJet 3700 not printing” problem within a few minutes. Please continue reading to learn more about it.
HP 3700 Not Printing — Let’s Fix This Problem Together
People face the “printer not printing” issue in several different situations. Some face this after setting up the printer (including software installation) for the first time. Few face this while performing a large volume of print jobs, while others face it unexpectedly and at the wrong time. Is your HP DeskJet 3700 not printing after setting it up for the first time? If yes, the cause of this issue might be an incomplete setup, misconfigured printer settings, the installation of the wrong or incompatible printer driver, etc. If your printer stops printing after a long period, the cause of the problem could be because the printer’s internal components have overheated or the input tray has run out of paper. Whatever the causes might be, you can easily resolve this print issue using the solutions given in this HP DeskJet 3700 troubleshooting section.
Set Up The Printer
You need to completely perform the HP DeskJet 3700 setup to access the printer for printing from your Windows or Mac computer.
- Unbox the printer completely.
- Switch on your printer and configure the initial settings.
- Install the original HP ink cartridges.
- Load a stack of recommended paper types into the input tray.
- Install the printer on your computer using the most compatible and latest software after completing the printer’s hardware setup.
Do you want to know the detailed steps on how to perform the HP DeskJet 3700 setup? If yes, read more…
Use The Diagnose And Fix Utility
The HP printer manufacturers are well aware of these kinds of print problems. They also recommend some diagnostic and repair tools and apps to resolve it. Try the one that is recommended for your OS type to resolve this print issue on your printer.
- Use the HP Diagnose & Fix tool for Windows (HP Print and Scan Doctor) to resolve the HP DeskJet 3700 not printing issue. You can install this tool from the HP printer’s official support page.
- Install the tool and open it. (Do you want real-time support in downloading and installing this tool on your computer? If yes, click the call button provided on this page).
- Click the Start button on the tool’s main screen to begin HP DeskJet 3700 troubleshooting.
- Just follow the instructions on the screen to resolve the printing problem easily.
On Mac And In Windows
- Have you installed and are you accessing the HP DeskJet 3700 printer on your Mac or Windows computer using the HP Smart app? If yes, you can use the same app to troubleshoot this print problem on your printer.
- Open the app. Ensure that your HP DeskJet 3700 printer is selected correctly.
- Click on the Diagnose & Fix icon on the app’s main screen if you’re using Windows.
- Need help finding this icon? It is in the bottom left corner and above the Settings (it looks like a gear icon) icon on the app’s main screen.
- Select Start to begin the troubleshooting.
- Click on the Printers menu and choose “Diagnose and Fix”> “Start” if you’re using Mac.
Now, “diagnose and fix” will try to detect the cause of the “Printer Not Printing” problem and fix it. The process might take a few minutes to complete. During this time period, you cannot access the printer for any printer-related needs but can access the computer. However, ensure to keep the HP Smart app open until the HP DeskJet 3700 troubleshooting is complete.
Set The Default Printer (Windows 10 And 11)
In general, when you click Print, the printer set as the default printer will be selected by the application (that you’re using) for printing. If you have not set the HP DeskJet 3700 printer as the default printer on your computer, do so and then print.
- Open the Printers & Scanners screen. You must first check if the “Let Windows manage…” option is selected on the Printers & Scanners screen. If yes, deselect it.
- Choose your HP DeskJet 3700 printer from the list of printers.
- Click “Manage”> “Set as Default”.
Setting up a printer as the default printer in Windows is that simple. Now, try to print an original from your Windows computer to your printer.
Re-Add The Printer (Mac)
This is the right and best way to resolve the HP DeskJet 3700 not printing problem if it occurs due to an incomplete setup or incorrect installation of the printer driver on your Mac computer.
- Open Printers & Scanners on your Mac computer.
- Choose your printer from the list of printers.
- Click the minus (-) sign below the same list.
- Click Delete to remove the printer from the Printers list.
- Restart your Mac computer if prompted.
- Click the plus (+) sign under the Printers list of the Printers & Scanners screen to re-add the printer.
Reset the Printing System (Mac)
Is your HP DeskJet 3700 not printing again? If yes, reset the printing system.
- Choose your HP printer on the Mac computer’s Printers & Scanners screen.
- Right-click anywhere in the list of printers.
- Choose Reset printing system.
- Check if the printer is responding to your print job after resetting the printing system. If not, let’s get started with the next solution.
Reinstall The Ink Cartridges
In some cases, incorrect ink cartridge installation may also result in print-related issues. So, check and reinstall the ink cartridges on your printer if necessary.
- Ensure that the compatible cartridges are installed.
- Reinstall the cartridge on your printer. Follow the steps below to do it the right way.
- Open the access door. Wait until the cartridge is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Ensure that the color and black cartridges are installed in the right slots.
- Push the front of the ink cartridge to release it and pull it towards you to remove it from the slot.
- Inspect the ink cartridge for damage and the copper-colored ink cartridge contacts for debris or ink buildup.
- If you find dust particles in the cartridge contacts, clean them with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Carefully insert the cartridge into the slot.
- Ensure that the carriage latch is down. Close the cartridge access door.
HP DeskJet 3700 Error Printing — Fixed
Generally, the printer will not print or respond to any printer-related request sent from your computer or smartphone (to which you have connected and installed the printer) if it is experiencing an issue. In most cases, an error message or code relating to the printer issue will display on the printer’s or computer’s screen. You can resolve your printer problem by clearing the error code or message displayed on the screen.
The Best And Simple Solutions
- Ensure that you are using the appropriate paper for printing.
- Check for the estimated ink levels.
- Replace the ink cartridges with the new ones if the ink level is low or empty.
Clearing The Error Message
- Restart the printer. Any printer problem can be resolved using this simple and easy method.
- Reset the printer if the restart doesn’t resolve your printer problem.
- Remove the genuine HP ink cartridges from your printer and perform the reset if you are receiving an error message related to the ink cartridge or print head.
Reconfigure the Print Settings
- Check the print settings in Windows by selecting File in the software application and then choosing Print. The Print dialog box appears.
- Open the Properties dialog box.
- Modify the paper type, print quality, paper size, etc.
- Click Print.
Disable Printer Offline (Windows)
- Check your HP DeskJet 3700 printer status on your Windows computer.
- Open the Devices and Printers screen to check the status of your printer.
- Locate your printer under the Printers section. Your printer is in an offline state if the status states “offline,” and you find a grey circle beside the printer name.
- Right-click on your printer and choose Queue.
- Deselect the “Use Printer Offline” option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Click on the Pause Printing option to deselect it too.
In The End
We saw how to troubleshoot the HP DeskJet 3700 not printing issue above. Are you new to printers and printer errors? Then it might be helpful to resolve the problem easily if you get real-time assistance from a well-experienced technical expert. Feel free to contact our technical expert if you want further assistance in resolving this problem. Also, for other problems such as the HP DeskJet 3700 scanner not working, the HP DeskJet 3700 black ink not working, the HP DeskJet 3700 not printing USB, the HP DeskJet 3700 not printing black, etc.