DeskJet 3700 from HP is a multifunction printer. This printer is designed to handle all your copying, printing, and scanning needs at home or in the office. It also offers cool connectivity options that allow you to set up the printer on your computer/smartphone via a wireless and USB connection. Setting up this wireless printer is pretty simple and can be done through the HP Smart App, the printer software recommended for your computer OS, and through the printer’s control panel.
Do you want to access the HP 3700 printer from a single computer? If so, use the USB connection method to set up the printer on your computer. Both the wireless and USB setup methods are quite easy to perform. We will walk you through the simple instructions on how to set up the HP DeskJet 3700 printer on a smartphone/computer using the Wi-Fi and USB connection methods in the section below. Just read through it. After reading the entire article, you will know how to do the Wi-Fi setup of your printer.
HP DeskJet 3700 Connect To Wi-Fi – How To?
Setting up the HP DeskJet 3700 printer on a smartphone or computer over a wireless network is fairly simple. Here we have shown how to set up the printer for wireless communication using the HP Smart App.
Enable Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Setup Mode
- Check if Wi-Fi capability and Wi-Fi setup mode are enabled on your printer. If not, enable them to set up your printer wirelessly.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Wi-Fi button to enable Wi-Fi.
- Press and hold the printer’s Cancel button and Wi-Fi button at the same time for a few seconds to activate the Wi-Fi setup mode on your printer.
- Release the buttons once the power indicator starts flashing.
For Android And iOS
- Connect your smartphone to a stable internet connection.
- Install and open the HP Smart app to start the wireless setup.
- Tap the plus sign (+) or the Set up new printer button followed by Add printer. The app detects and displays the HP printers that are in wireless setup mode and connected to the same network that you connected your smartphone to.
- Select the printer from the list of printers. Tap the My Printer is Not Listed button if the printer is not displayed on the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to detect and install your HP DeskJet 3700 printer on your smartphone.
- Get the HP Smart app from the Microsoft Store and install it on your Windows computer.
- Open the HP Smart app to begin the wireless setup on your HP DeskJet 3700 printer.
- Click on the Set up a new printer button. The app will now search for your HP printer and display it on the screen.
- Click Setup under your printer name and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless setup.
- Select the Set up a new printer option on the Printer screen to manually set up the printer if the app does not recognize your printer.
HP DeskJet 3700 Wireless Setup On Mac- Using The Printer Software
Follow the simple instructions below to set up your HP DeskJet 3700 printer on a computer or laptop running in macOS using the printer software. Refer to the step-by-step instructions below the HP DeskJet 3700 All-in-One Series Wireless Setup section if you want to use the HP Smart App for setup. The entire Wi-Fi setup process is the same, even though the OS types are different.
Preparations For Wi-Fi Setup
- You need to use the compatible and latest driver to set up your printer with the software on the computer. Therefore, first, download the most compatible and latest HP DeskJet 3700 driver for Mac from the printer’s official support page.
- Click on the HP DeskJet 3700 Driver for Mac button to download the driver from that page.
- Enable Wi-Fi setup mode on your printer if it is disabled.