How to Reset
HP DeskJet 6940 Reset Guide For Factory Reset, Password And IP Address
To perform the factory reset on the HP DeskJet 6940 printer, reset its IP address and the password using its reset manual. Thus, resetting all the settings to factory defaults will help in fixing many of your printer issues. Complete the instructions given below to perform the HP deskjet 6940 reset process.
Table Of Contents
- HP DeskJet 6940 Reset Instructions
- HP DeskJet 6940 Reset To Factory Default Values
- Reset Button On HP DeskJet 6940
- HP DeskJet 6940 Reset IP Address
HP DeskJet 6940 Reset Instructions
Performing the HP DeskJet 6940 reset will resolve the printing problems. You can also fix your printer’s hardware and software issues by resetting it.
- Hit the Power button to turn on the printer.
- With the printer turned on, unplug its power cable from the back.
- Disconnect the power cable from the wall socket.
- Do not proceed with any task for at least 15 seconds.
- Replug the power cable into the wall outlet.
- Reattach the other end of the power cable to the back of the printer.
- Check if the printer turns ON on its own.
- You need to hit the Power button to turn it ON if it does not get turned on automatically.
HP DeskJet 6940 Reset To Factory Default Values
Before you proceed with the resetting process, you have to know what are the changes your printer will go through after a factory reset.
- When you perform the HP DeskJet 6940 factory reset process, it will clear all the settings from the printer’s memory.
- It is recommended to start the HP DeskJet 6940 factory reset only when you are unable to solve your printer problems using any other method.
- Remember that resetting the printer to its factory defaults will delete the Embedded Web Server (EWS) administrator password.
- You need to reinstall your printer software after you reset your printer to its default settings.
- Make sure to reconfigure the printer’s security settings once the reset is completed.
- So, now you can go ahead with the below steps to reset your printer to the default values.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- On the printer’s control panel, hit and hold the Report Page button.
- At the same time, press the Cancel button three times.
- Now, release the Report Page button. Your printer will now be reset to its factory default values.
Reset Button On HP DeskJet 6940
The HP Deskjet 6940 printer does not have a Reset button. If you are about to proceed with the resetting process, go to the “HP DeskJet 6940 Reset Instructions” section on this page.
HP DeskJet 6940 Reset IP Address
- Resetting the IP address of the HP DeskJet 6940 printer is a process that is done using an Ethernet cable.
- Get an Ethernet cable to connect your printer to an Ethernet port on the router or router hub.
- When you find that the Network light at the front of the printer is active and solid, tap the Report Page button to get a printout of the HP Report page. From this page, you can find out the printer’s URL.
- Open a browser on your computer and input the printer’s URL in the address box.
- Wait until the printer’s Embedded Web Server opens up. On the EWS page, click the Networking option.
- Look at the options in the Connections heading. If you are connecting your printer to a wired Ethernet network, click on Wired (802.3).
- Click on Wireless (802.11) in case you are connecting your printer to a wireless network. In the IP Address Configuration heading, select the Manual IP option.
- Input the static IP address you want to assign to the printer, the subnet mask, and the default gateway. Under the DNS Address Configuration heading, just enter the preferred and alternate DNS servers.
- After providing all the required information, click the Apply button and close the EWS page. Open the Configuration utility for your software firewall, and key in the IP Address that you assigned to the printer in the list of current IP addresses.
- Now, just follow the printer software installation instructions in the HP DeskJet 6940 reset guide to connect your printer to the network after you finish assigning a static IP address to the printer.
Well, At Last!
Here, we have discussed all the procedures for your HP deskjet 6940 reset processes. Perform the instructions in the order given on this page for a successful reset. To get an instant solution for your printer, use the Click to Call button on this page to contact our technical experts.