HP Deskjet 6940 Setup, Network and Ethernet Setup
The HP Deskjet 6940 setup is an easy task. Check the hardware parts present in the shipment box and remove the packaging from it. Install the duplexer if applicable. Load appropriate papers into the input tray and install the cartridges into their slots.
HP Deskjet 6940 printer setup
- The HP Deskjet 6940 setup involves taking it out of its shipment box. Make sure that all the required items are in the carton.
- Clear the protective materials and tapes from the cover of the printer. Remove the unnecessary tapes also from the parts of the printer.
- Check if the printer came with the Automatic Two-sided printing device (duplexer) or the 250-sheet plain paper tray. If the Duplexer is not installed, install it by following these steps.
- View the rear access door and move the two latch handles toward each other. Remove the rear door, but do not discard it as the printer cannot print until the access door is in place.
- Install the duplexer into the rear of the printer until both the sides fix into place. Now, give a power connection to your printer.
- Plug one end of the supplied cord into the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall socket. Turn the printer on by tapping the Power button.
- Notice the green light on the Power button after your printer is on. Load plain paper in the input tray. Shift the paper guide to the left, keep the paper in the tray, and push it until it stops.
- Adjust the paper guide to the edge of the paper stack. Lower the tray. Install the cartridges in the next HP Deskjet 6940 setup step. Open the access door and wait until the carriage moves to the right.
- Insert the newly-bought cartridge into the respective slots, i.e., tri-color cartridge in the left hole and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Make sure you handle the cartridge carefully after unpacking it. Close the cover and the printer will align the new cartridges automatically.
HP Deskjet 6940 network setup
- The HP Deskjet 6940 setup for network is a simple task.
- This process involves setting up your printer on a network using Apple AirPort.
- Use this feature to share your printer on an already created network by connecting it to an Apple AirPort Express using a USB cable.
- Set up this feature and establish a connection to allow your printer to print from more than a single computer available on the network.
- Make sure that you have set up AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station on your network.
- Visit the support page of Apple to set up the AirPort Express if you haven’t.
- Add the printer on each computer that shares your printer.
- Attach one end of the USB plug to your printer and the other end to the USB port of the AirPort Express.
- Tap Apple>System Preferences. Select Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- Tap the plus sign (+) and choose the name of your printer. Press Add.
HP Deskjet 6940 ethernet setup
- Get a working network router and an Ethernet cable for HP Deskjet 6940 setup for ethernet.
- Connect your computer to the router if it is not connected.
- Get an Ethernet cable and do not use a normal telephone cable.
- Understand that an Ethernet cable has a wide connector and has eight wires.
- Power on your printer by gently pushing the Power button.
- Take out any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the back of your printer.
- Attach the Ethernet cable to your printer and an available slot on the router.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website, enter your printer model, and go with the onscreen prompts.
- Get the HP Easy Start with the printer driver. Follow the instructions to open the downloaded file to initiate the HP Deskjet 6940 setup.
- Choose Wired Network when prompted to pick a connection type. Perform print, scan, copy, or fax, depending on your printer’s functionality.
Install HP Deskjet 6940 without disc
- Install HP Deskjet 6940 without disc by using the Windows built-in printer driver.
- Type change device installation on your Windows device and tap Change device installation settings Control panel settings in the list.
- Choose the Yes option and then tap Save Changes on the Device Installation Settings window.
- Connect your printer to the computer using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) if your printer supports it.
- Tap the Wireless button and hold it on the printer control panel. Release the button when you see the wireless light is blinking.
- Press and then release the WPS button on your printer within two minutes. Wait for 2 minutes while your printer and router establish a network connection.
- Install the print driver using the Add a Printer Wizard on your Windows 7 and Vista OS. Type devices on your Windows device and choose Devices and Printers from the list.
- Tap Add a printer. Choose Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer. Wait while the Select a printer window displays. Press Next after selecting it and comply with the onscreen instructions.
- Click Add a local printer>Use an existing port>Next. Update the printer drivers and click Add a network. Add your printer using the hostname if you want. Choose Autodetect from the Device type list.
- Enter your printer IP address in the respective field and press Next. Wait for your computer and printer to connect. Tap Next to install the print driver after HP Deskjet 6940 setup. Perform the function you want on your printer.