- 123.hp.com »
- HP Deskjet Plus 4122 Setup
HP Deskjet Plus 4122 Setup
Setting up a new printer is straightforward. Start the process by unpacking the printer. After doing that, install and use the HP Smart app to add your printer to the computer (if the machine is designed to work with the app). Once you complete this step, the app will open a screen prompting you to complete the rest of the printer’s hardware setup.Perform the steps as instructed on the screen to complete the setup easily, quickly, and most importantly, without an error.
HP Deskjet Plus 4122 Unboxing Setup – Using The HP Smart App
Five simple steps that help you perform the HP DeskJet Plus 4122 setup in no time are discussed below. Read and execute the same as instructed below.
Preparing The Printer
- This step is nothing but unpacking the printer.
- If you have already unpacked your printer, skip to the next step of the HP DeskJet Plus 4122 setup.
- Remove the printer from the Styrofoam pieces and plastic cover.
- Unpack your printer completely by removing all the packing tapes and cardboard pieces from inside and outside the printer.
- After doing that, move the printer to a neat, stable surface.
Turning On The Printer
- Get the printer’s power cord and connect it from the printer’s inlet to a working electrical outlet.
- Press the On/Off button on the printer’s control panel.
- Before going to the next step of the HP DeskJet Plus 4122 setup, wait for the lights on the printer’s control panel to become stable.
Installing And Using The HP Smart App
- Install and open the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Click Get Started on the Welcome to HP Smart screen.
- The app will detect your printer and display it on the screen since the printer is in setup mode.
- If the app fails to detect your printer, click Skip on the Choose a printer screen.
- Install the printer on your computer by performing the on-screen instructions.
Completing The Hardware Setup
- As mentioned earlier, the screens ‘Install cartridges’ and ‘Load paper’ will open once you add the printer to your computer.
- Prepare and load the compatible paper into the tray.
- Also, unpack and install genuine ink cartridges on your printer.
Completing The HP Deskjet Plus 4122 Setup
- The HP DeskJet Plus 4122 setup is incomplete without aligning the ink cartridges.
- Generally, the printer will print an alignment page once you load paper and install the ink cartridges on it.
- Get the alignment page and place it on the scanner glass.
- Press the Color Start button on your printer’s control panel to scan and complete the alignment process.
Need further assistance in performing the HP DeskJet Plus 4122 setup? Then, kindly contact us for the same using the Call button.