HP Envy 4500 Offline Error Fixing Solutions
HP Envy 4500 offline error is indicated by status messages like ‘offline’ or ‘The printer is not responding’ on your computer. It also occurs in case of connectivity issues. Proceed by following the solutions applicable to your computer’s operating system.
HP Envy 4500 keeps saying offline
- The HP Envy 4500 keeps saying offline when it is not ready to make a connection. This error can be resolved by preparing the printer for the tasks.
- Wake up your printer if it is in sleep mode by pressing the Power switch.
- Load enough paper in the main input tray, and make sure the cartridges are genuine which are used for printing.
- Check if there are flashing error lights on the control panel of the printer.
- Try printing. Go to the next solution if the printer still shows HP Envy 4500 offline status.
- Click the Apple option and then tap System Preferences.
- Select the Print & Fax, Printers & Scanners, or Print & Scan option whatever displays.
- Give a right-tap anywhere inside the Printers window and choose the Reset printing system option.
- Click the Reset option in the confirmation window.
- Enter the administrator name and password and tap OK. Add your printer to the list and then try to perform a printing operation.
How to fix HP Envy 4500 printer offline
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor app on your Windows (7, 8, 10) computer if you want solutions on how to fix HP Envy 4500 offline error.
- Run the file after it is downloaded. Run the app, click Start, and pick your printer.
- In case your printer is not included the list, turn off your printer and click Retry.
- Comply with the instructions in the HP Print and Scan Doctor application if there is a connection issue.
- Press Yes if you are prompted to allow the printer updates and also if you are prompted to set the printer as the default printer.
- Confirm that you are able to print by trying to start a print job. Proceed to the next steps if the issue still exists.
- Make your printer as the default printer from your Windows 10 computer. Type devices on the search bar of your Windows computer.
- Choose the option Printers and Scanners from the list. In case it is selected, disable the square box next to Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Tap your printer’s name in the list and select Manage. If you find many printers in the list, choose the printer which is silent or idle.
- Click the Set as default option in the Manage your device section Start a print job and see if you can perform printing.
HP Envy 4500 offline windows 8
- If you want a guide on the error HP Envy 4500 offline windows 8, then go with these steps to fix the issue.
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows computer.
- Run the app, press Start, and pick your printer.
- Add your printer if it is not in the list.
- Go with the prompts displayed in the tool and check if the issue is resolved.
- Try manually setting your printer in Windows 8.
- Type devices on your Windows computer and click Devices and Printers from the list of results.
- Right-click on the name of your printer that is in the active state.
- Choose the option Set as Default Printer.
- Try to print and see if the issue is resolved.
HP Envy 4500 offline windows 10
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows computer if you want to know how to resolve the HP Envy 4500 offline windows 10 error.
- Run the downloaded file from where it is located. Launch the tool, tap Start, and select your printer.
- Turn off your printer and click Retry if your printer is not found in the list.
- Go with the displayed instructions in the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool if there is a connection error.
- If you are prompted to enable the printer updates, tap Yes. If you are asked to set the printer as the default one, click Yes.
- Try to perform a print job. Go to the next steps if the error is not solved.
- On your Windows 10 computer, set your printer as the default one. Go to the search field of your Windows, type devices.
- Click Printers and Scanners in the displayed list. In case it is enabled, unmark the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Select your printer’s name from the list and tap Manage. In case there are multiple printers in the list, choose the one which is silent and not performing any function.
- Tap Set as default in the Manage your device option. Try to print now and check if the HP Envy 4500 offline issue is resolved.