How to set up wireless HP Envy 4500 printer
- Install the HP Smart app in the Android or Apple device.
- Ensure that the mobile device is connected to the HP Envy 4500 wireless setup network.
- Open the HP Smart app and then add your printer.
- Continue to print if the printer displays.
- Press the + sign to choose the printer from the list of printers if the printer does not display.
- Get the HP Smart app from the Windows store and download & install the app on the Windows device.
- Check if the HP Smart app searches for the printers connected to the network and add the printer to your network. It automatically chooses up the printer, if you have only one printer to be connected to the network.
- Select the printer button, choose Select a Different Printer and click the printer you need from the list if you keep more than one printer to be connected to the network.
- Select the + sign, choose Set up a New Printer and complete the setup if you are setting a new printer on the network.
- Choose the + sign, select Add Printer not Listed, choose Set up a New Printer and finish the process, if you have more than one printer to be connected on the network and also need to set up a new printer.
How to connect wireless printer HP Envy 4500
- Search Windows for HP and choose the name of the printer to open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Select Utilities or Tools in the top menu bar.
- Choose Printer Set up and Software or Device Set up and Software.
- Select Convert a USB Connected Printer to Wireless.
- In Mac, open Finder, select Go in the top menu bar and choose Applications.
- Double click on HP folder -> HP Utility.
- In the All Settings tab, select HP Envy 4500 wireless setup.
- If Wireless Setup is not listed, proceed with the method of adding the printer through System Preferences.
- In the touchscreen or LCD menu display printer, choose the Wireless, Network or Setup menu, choose Wireless Setup Wizard and connect the printer.
- For printers without displays, tap the Wireless icon to switch on the wireless radio.
- If the wireless light is ON, the printer is interconnected to the network.
- If the light blinks, move the printer nearer to the wireless router
- Tap the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on the router and wait till the HP Envy 4500 wireless setup light is solid.
- Select the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and then select Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- If your printer name is listed, remove and add the printer to confirm that it is set up correctly.
- Select the printer name and choose the – sign to delete the printer.
- Click the + sign to select Add Printer or Scanner and choose your printer.
- If the printer name is not listed, select the Plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose the name of the printer.
- Select the Use or Print Using option and then choose AirPrint or the printer name to finish the setup.
Install HP Envy 4500 wireless printer
- Make sure whether the CD-ROM is present in the shipment box for driver installation.
- Make sure that the PC or laptop has a disc drive in it. The recently launched Mac devices do not have a disc drive.
- Copy the contents of the CD-ROM in to the USB drive.
- Place the installation CD or the USB into the drive.
- Observe if a set of files appear. The setup format is .dmg for Mac. The procedure for saving windows is .exe.
- Wait till the download completes and do not turn off your PC while the download is in progress.
- Click I Agree Begin Download to save the file on your computer.
- Double-click on the setup file and click Next on the welcome screen.
- Select your place of residence and choose Next.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of License Agreement
- Screen. Click the connection type, view your printer’s name in the print queue. Print a test page and the installation process in HP Envy 4500 printer gets completed successfully.
HP Envy 4500 wireless password
The Internet Service Provider (ISP) of your subscribed Internet Service provides you with a network password. Check the paper that came from ISP for a password or at the bottom of the router that is named as HP Envy 4500 wireless setup Key, WPA2 password, security password, or WEP key. Contact your ISP if you don’t find your password. Right-click on the network tray at the bottom of the Windows computer screen. Click Open Network and Sharing Center and select the option called Change Adapter Settings. Right-click on the printer name, and select Status->Wireless Properties->Security->Show Characters. The characters that appears on the screen is your network password. On your Mac computer, click Finder and select the Go button. Click Utilities->Keychain Access->Local Items->Category Lists->Passwords->(printer name)->Show Password. Enter your admin password on the prompt and click O to display the password on the Mac computer.
HP Envy 4500 setup wireless direct
- Locate the Power button on the printer and switch in on.
- Confirm whether the cartridges are installed.
- Ensure that the plain paper is loaded in the main tray.
- On the computer, select the HP Envy 4500 wireless setup icon.
- And, choose the printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of networks.
- Type the password to log in.
- Open the item you need to print.
- Choose File and then select Print.
- Choose the printer from the list of printers, and choose Print.
- Reconnect to the local Wi-Fi network after the print work gets completed.
HP Envy 4500 bluetooth setup
There is no bluetooth setup in HP Envy 4500 printer.
How to reset HP Envy 4500 wireless printer
- Switch off the HP Deskjet 2542 printer.
- Remove the power cable from the printer.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Replug the power cord into the printer.
- Switch on the printer again.
- Hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds.
- Wait until the Attention light turns on.
- Leave the Resume button.
- Wait until the Attention and Ready light turn on.
- Use the printer after the restoration process.
HP Envy 4500 how to print wirelessly
- Remove the paper from the main paper tray.
- Place the photo paper into the tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides so that they rest at the paper edges.
- You can also edit the photo to improve color, brightness, contrast and other settings.
- Right-click on the photo, click Open With and Choose Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
- Select File and then choose Print.
- The Print window opens with general settings.
- Open the Document Properties window for accessing more print settings.
- Browse and select the print settings for photos in the Document Properties window.
- You can change the color and quality settings for best results.
- Select OK->Print.