HP Envy 4520 Setup for Windows, Mac, USB, Fax and Software
A complete HP Envy 4520 setup begins with unboxing, providing power connections, installing the ink cartridges, setting up the preferred network, and installing the drivers and software. Your printer box contains an installation CD, user manual, two ink cartridges (color and black & white), a power cable, and HP Envy 4520 printer. Read the steps below and follow it in the same order to set up your printer.
How to set up HP Envy 4520 printer
- First, take the printer from its box and keep it outside.
- Now, remove the cover around the printer.
- Accommodate the printer in a flat and clean surface.
- Remove the orange tape on the front portion of the printer.
- See whether the orange tape is present on the input tray door.
- If so, remove it and then unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- If you find the tape stuck on the door, then remove it as well.
- Now, turn the printer in a clockwise direction with its rear portion facing you and remove the tape on it.
- Discard the removed tapes and grab the power cable provided.
- Let one end of the cable be connected to the rear port of the printer and the other end be plugged into the direct power outlet.
- Turn on your HP Envy 4520 printer and set the language or country preferences on the control panel.
- Load unused plain A4 paper into the input tray of the printer.
- Unwrap the ink cartridges from their package and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the protective tape stuck on the ink cartridge and then place it into the respective slot.
- The black cartridge must be inserted into the right side and the tri-color to the left.
- The moment you open the cartridge access door, the printer carriage will show a slight movement.
- After the ink cartridges are installed, wait for the printer to produce an alignment page.
- Now, this completes the basic HP Envy 4520 setup.
HP Envy 4520 mac setup
After performing the basic hardware HP Envy 4520 setup, you must connect it to a computer. With the steps provided below let us see how to connect HP Envy 4520 to a Mac computer.
How to Connect HP Envy 4520 to Mac
- After the printer prints an alignment page in the basic setup, download the driver for your Mac operating system from our website.
- Navigate to the driver download link on the webpage and click the driver link below Mac.
- After the driver downloads on the internet browser, click and run the HP Envy 4520 setup file.
- When the installer prompts you to follow a set of instructions, read it carefully and then do the same.
- The latest driver that helps to install the printer on your Mac computer of 10.14 and lower is HP Easy Start, which is an application.
- Install HP Easy Start and based on the prompts, install the driver for your HP Envy 4520 printer on the Mac computer.
- During the time of installation, when the installer prompts to choose the network connection type, opt one as per the technical feasibility.
- Again, a set of instructions appear to complete the installation.
- Add HP Envy 4520 printer to the computer’s network if you are installing the printer for the first time.
HP Envy 4520 Setup Software
- Download the HP Easy Start app under the driver download link for Windows from our website.
- Double-click the HP Easy Start file on the Downloads folder of your computer.
- The moment you click on it, the file starts extracting.
- When the Ready to set up your printer screen appears, click on Continue.
- Click the checkbox near to the I have reviewed and accepted the agreement and settings and click Continue.
- Select Continue on the Printer found screen when it displays.
- Now, the HP Easy Start searches the suitable and available driver and software for your printer.
- Choose the Full feature driver that provides complete access to the entire printer functionality.
- The installer launches and extracts the software now. If you have connected the printer using a USB cable, then remove it when the installer instructs you to do so.
- Again, the terms and conditions screen appears prompting you to accept it. Accept it and click on Next.
- Now, connect the USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- Based on a few prompts that follow, complete the HP Envy 4520 setup and installation.
HP Envy 4520 USB Setup
- Power on the HP Envy 4520 printer and keep it in a ready to print state.
- Grab a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- Avoid linking the printer to a USB hub or docking station as it may not supply ample power to the printer.
- If you have already established your printer’s connecting using the USB method, remove the cable when the installer prompts you to disable it.
- From Windows, search for Devices and Printers and click the same in the list. It takes you to the control panel settings page.
- Right-click your printer model and then remove the device by clicking on the specific option.
- If there are more than one printer exists in the list, remove them as well.
- Download the latest driver from this webpage and install it on your computer.
- When the installer instructs you to choose the connection method, select USB.
- Following the instructions, complete the HP Envy 4520 setup for USB.
HP Envy 4520 Fax Setup
- With the phone cord provided along with your printer, connect the wall jack and the 1-LINE jack on the printer’s rear.
- Grab another phone cord and connect one side of it to the answering machine and the other side to the 2-EXT jack on the printer’s rear.
- From the printer’s control panel, access the Fax or Setup menu and change settings such as Fax header, Auto answer, number of rings the fax is received, dial and ring type, volume control of fax, and more.
- From the Fax or HP Envy 4520 setup menu, tap Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report for the printer to produce a fax report after sending it successfully.