HP Envy 4520 Troubleshooting: Fix Offline, Not Printing, Won’t Scan, Paper Jam and More
HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting is a guide to solve printer problems. If there are printer hardware or software issues, the troubleshooting solutions are used to resolve them.
HP Envy 4520 offline
- Download the HP Print and Scan doctor on the Windows computer.
- Run the file from its downloaded location. Launch the app, tap Start and choose your printer.
- In case your printer is not in the list, turn off your printer and click Retry.
- Follow the instructions in the HP Print and Scan Doctor application if there is a connection problem.
- Tap Yes if you are prompted to enable the printer updates and also if you are asked to set the printer as the default one.
- Check if you can print. Proceed to the next steps if the HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting issue persists.
- Set your printer as the default one from your Windows 10 computer. On the search bar of your Windows, type devices.
- Tap Printers and Scanners in the list. In case it is selected, uncheck the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Click on your printer’s name from the list and click Manage. If there are many printers in the list, choose the one which is idle or silent.
- Press Set as default under the Manage your device option. Check if you can print.
HP Envy 4520 not printing
- Ensure that you are using the appropriate paper for printing. Check for the estimated ink levels and replace the low or empty ink cartridges with the new one.
- Check for the print settings in Windows by selecting File in the software application and then choose Print. The Print window opens and opens the Properties dialog box. And, depending on the print job, modify the paper type, print quality, paper size, etc.
- After selecting the print settings, choose OK to apply the settings and then choose Print.
- Clean the area around the ink nozzles by gathering lint-free cloth, dry foam rubber swabs, or any other soft material.
- Hold the handle on the sides of the printer. Then, raise the cartridge access door until it locks into place. And, the cartridge moves to the center of the printer.
- Wait till the cartridge is idle and silent before you continue. Take off the power cord from the rear of the printer. Lift the lid on the cartridge slot to release the ink cartridge. Then, gently push the lid back till it stops for HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting.
- Pull up the ink cartridge to remove from the slot. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides. Lightly moisten a lint-free cloth or foam-rubber swab with distilled water.
- Then, squeeze any excess water from it. Gently clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle in the swab. Leave the cartridge to sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry or use a new swab to dry it.
- Hold the ink cartridge by the sides with the nozzles towards the printer.
- Slide the ink cartridge forward in the slot. Then, close the lid on the cartridge to secure the cartridge into its place. And, close the cartridge access door.
HP Envy 4520 wont scan
- The HP Envy 4520 won t scan because of issues in the scanner or printer.
- The other reasons can be the connectivity issue. Make sure that the devices are connected properly.
- Restart the printer and computer to resolve this HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting issue. Power off your printer.
- Make sure the printer electrical cable is connected directly to an electrical outlet and not to any surge protectors.
- Terminate all the active and running programs on your computer and then shut it down.
- Power on your computer and then your printer. Try to scan now.
- Check if you are using a USB cable to scan.
- Make sure the USB connection is proper to ensure that there are no USB cable issues.
- Disconnect the USB cable and then attach it again from your printer and computer. Try using a different USB cable and check if that resolves the HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting issue.
- Make sure you have the latest printer driver and software installed on your computer. Remove any unnecessary driver file and try scanning.
HP Envy 4520 driver unavailable
- Collect the Network name or SSID and the Network security password.
- Ensure that the system is connected to the network.
- Ensure that the printer is placed close to the computer.
- Ensure that the printer & the computer are on.
- Tap the Wireless menu on the printer’s control panel.
- Press Wireless Setup Wizard and connect the printer.
HP Envy 4520 not printing color windows 10
Search Windows for Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer & select Printing Preferences from the drop-down list. Choose the printer again and select Paper/Quality tab, depending on the software. Select Advanced and check whether Print in Grayscale is marked as tick. Remove the checkmark from the Grayscale. Click OK.
HP Envy 4520 incompatible cartridge error
Locate the Power button on the printer and press it. With the printer switched on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. Remove the power cord from the outlet. Wait for atleast 15 seconds. And, insert the power cord back in the wall outlet. Reconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. Again, press the Power button and turn it on.
HP Envy 4520 not connecting to mac
Choose the Apple menu & select system Preferences. Choose Print & scan. Right-click inside the Printers window and select Reset Printing System. Choose Reset in the confirmation window. Enter the Administrator name and password and select OK to finish the reset and perform HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting for not connecting to mac issue.
HP Envy 4520 keeps jamming
First, clear the paper jam in the printer by pressing the Resume button on the front panel of the printer. Turn off the printer. And, push the two latch handles on the rear access door of the printer toward each other & remove the door. Then, remove any paper that is inside the printer by pulling out from the back of the printer. And, replace the rear access door securely. Then, if the paper jam cannot be taken from the back of the printer, raise the cover of the printer, remove the paper jam from the front of the printer & lower the cover. Turn on the printer and then tap the Resume button. And, print the document again with HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting guide.
HP Envy 4520 printer paper jam
Clear the paper jam in the automatic two-sided printing by pressing the buttons on the left & right sides of the duplexer and remove it from the printer. Remove the paper from inside the printer. Open the duplexer. Remove any paper from inside the duplexer. Close the duplexer. Attach the duplexer to the printer. Then, press the Resume button by turning on the printer. Then, clearing the paper jam from the automatic two-sided print accessory with small paper tray by tapping the buttons on the left and right sides of the accessory, and remove it from the printer. Remove the paper that is inside the printer. Lift the back lever on the accessory, & then unhook the small paper tray. Tilt the small paper tray forward & then open the lower door of the accessory. Remove the paper that is inside the accessory. And, attach the accessory to the printer and clear paper jam with HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting manual.
HP Envy 4520 in error state
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are compatible. Also, ensure that the latch is down by placing the fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer.
- Then, pull to open the access door. And, the carriage moves to the left side of the printer. Wait till the cartridge is idle & silent before you proceed.
- Ensure that the colored dot on the ink cartridge label matches the colored dot on the carriage slot. Push in the front of the ink cartridge to release and pull it towards you to remove from the slot.
- Inspect the ink cartridge for damage and the copper-colored ink cartridge contacts for debris or ink buildup.
- Carefully insert the cartridge into the slot & push the ink cartridge forward till it clicks into place.
- Ensure that the carriage latch is down. And, if the carriage latch is up, press it down till it clicks & close the cartridge access door.
- Also, clean the cartridge contacts by using a clean, lint-free cloth. Keep the fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer. Wait till the carriage is idle and silent.
- Push in the front of the ink cartridge to release and pull the ink cartridge toward you to remove it from the slot.
- With the cloth, wipe the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge.
- Carefully reinsert the ink cartridge into the slot. And, close the access door and follow HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting guide for further.
HP Envy 4520 wont connect
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer running on the Windows operating system.
- Run the application & solve the hardware and software issues occurring on the printer.
- Press Fix Scanning on the home screen of the app to test the scanner.
- Follow the instructions and try to connect. See if the connection is successfully made now.
- Uninstall the outdated printer driver and software from your computer.
- Once you completely remove the printer software, set up your printer once more.
- Turn on your printer, install the ink cartridges, and load blank paper in the tray.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and download the most recent printer driver.
- Download and install the app on your computer.
- Pick HP Smart or the full feature driver to access the advanced features. Try connecting again and check if the HP Envy 4520 troubleshooting issue is fixed.