HP Envy 4520 Wireless Setup: Windows, Mac, Setup WiFi and Fix Wireless Issues
The HP Envy 4520 wireless setup procedure is simple and quick to establish. You can follow the standard method to set up the wireless network on your Windows or Mac computer, WPS, or Push-button method. The instructions provided below, guide you to set up the Wi-Fi network easily.
HP Envy 4520 wireless setup mac
- When you want to set up your HP Envy 4520 printer on a wireless network, you must keep the network name and password ready.
- If the printer prompts you to enter the details, you should provide it at the time of setup.
- Your Mac computer must be connected to the wireless network previously to which you will be linking your Envy 4520 printer too.
- Along with the above, you should have a broadband kind of internet access as well for receiving the manufacturer’s latest updates on the printer.
- Keep the printer, router, and the computer nearby to avoid poor frequency problems.
- Disable the USB connection between the printer and computer if any.
- Now, tap the Wireless icon on your printer and wait for the Wireless screen to open.
- Tap the Settings icon and then the Wireless Setup Wizard. Proceed with the instructions on the control panel and connect your printer to the network.
- Download the suitable driver from our website and install it on your Mac computer and your printer appears under the computer network.
How to setup HP Envy 4520 wireless printer
- The steps below explain as of how to set up your HP Envy 4520 wireless printer using Auto Wireless Connect method.
- Auto Wireless Connect is a built-in method offered to you along with the full feature driver.
- For this, your printer must be connected to a Windows computer of versions 7 and higher or a Mac computer of versions Mac OS X 10.5 and higher.
- After you set up the printer’s hardware, then the last step would be installing the software.
- Get the latest full feature driver from our website and while installing, choose the Network as Wireless when prompted and select Yes, send my HP Envy 4520 wireless setup settings to the printer and the rest of the process is taken care by the installer.
How to print wirelessly to HP Envy 4520
- After installing the software and establishing the printer to a HP Envy 4520 wireless setup network, you must add the printer to your computer’s network.
- Go to the Control panel page of your computer, click on Add Devices and Printers.
- From the list of printers available, search whether HP Envy 4520 displays.
- Select the printer and click the + (Plus) symbol to add the printer.
- After the printer is added, check for its visibility on the Devices and Printers page.
- Now, open the desktop word app that you wish to print and click the Print option under the File menu.
- After you choose the desired settings, click on Print again for HP Envy 4520 wireless setup.
HP Envy 4520 setup wifi
- WPS provides two connection types for establishing the printer over a wireless connection with Pushbutton and PIN methods.
- Before you proceed to set up the network using the Pushbutton method, ensure that both the printer and the router supports the method.
- There must be a button to push on the HP Envy 4520 wireless setup router.
- Create a WEP/WPA password on the router’s configuration page and keep it ready for a secured connection.
- Press the WPS button mode on your printer and after two minutes, press the button on the rear of the router.
- The Wireless light keeps flashing on the printer and the status of connection established is shown on your computer.
HP Envy 4520 not printing wirelessly
- If your HP Envy 4520 printer fails to connect to the network or does not print using the HP Envy 4520 wireless setup network, then restart the devices such as computer or laptop, router, or printer.
- You can also use HP Print and Scan Doctor, the auto-diagnostic tool to resolve any printing related issues.
- Deactivate the printer’s function by unplugging the power cable from the printer and the power source.
- Do not touch your printer for some time so that it undergoes the settling period and becomes idle.
- After a minute, enable its function by plugging the power cable into the printer’s rear port and the power outlet.
HP Envy 4520 won’t connect to wifi
- Verify if the router’s band is 2.4 GHz because the HP Envy 4520 printer supports only a frequency of 2.4 GHz.
- Check whether the frequency is high or low and set it to the required level accordingly.
- The best way for a quick solution would be turning off all the devices connected to the network and then turning them on.
- Try to do a hardware reset on your printer by plugging out the power cable while the HP Envy 4520 printer is turned on.
- Also, try resetting the network settings to default and reconnect the printer to the wireless network.
- Tap HP Envy 4520 wireless setup on the printer’s control panel screen.
- Access the Service menu and tap Restore Defaults button, and then tap OK.
- Now the printer should restart by its own.
- After this, connect your printer to the network newly.