- 123.hp.com »
- HP Envy 5020 Stuck On Startup
HP Envy 5020 Stuck On Startup
There is no printer that works without a problem. Almost all printers encounter a problem at some specific stage. The best thing is that almost all the common printer issues are known ones and can be resolved quite easily. However, there are some issues that occur unexpectedly and at the wrong time. Here, on this page, we are going to show you what you should do when your HP Envy 5020 printer is stuck on the startup screen and how to bring the printer back to its working state.
HP Envy 5020 Stuck On Startup – Fixed
Stuck When The Printer Is Turned On For The First Time
Generally, when you turn on the printer for the first time, it takes a few minutes more than usual to become idle and silent. So, if the printer is stuck on the startup screen when you turn it on for the first time, wait patiently for a few more minutes for the machine to become stable.
Turn Off The Printer And Turn It On Again
- If the printer remains stuck for a long time, turn it off and on.
- To do so, press the Power or On/Off button on the control panel.
- If the Power button fails to turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the machine.
- Then, reconnect the cord to the printer and turn it on.
Stuck On Startup Suddenly
If your printer has been working properly for quite a long time and suddenly it is stuck on the startup screen, try these workarounds to fix this problem.
Basic And Simple Solutions
Check The Connectivity Status
- Generally, HP recommends connecting the printer directly to the electrical outlet to avoid a lot of problems.
- So, check if the printer is connected directly to the outlet. If not, unplug the power cord and connect it directly to the outlet.
- Also, ensure that the printer’s power cord is connected to a properly working electrical outlet and not to a damaged one.
- If you’re using the USB connection type, ensure that the USB cable is connected directly from your HP Envy 5020 printer to the computer.
Semi-reset The Printer
- If the HP Envy 5020 printer is stuck on startup due to some hidden bugs, you can resolve them by performing a semi-reset on it.
- To do so, ensure that the HP logo is displayed on the printer screen.
- Now, just unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Make sure not to reconnect the power cord before the completion of one minute from the time you disconnected the cord.
- After the completion of 1 minute, reconnect the power cord to the printer and turn it on.
- Check if the printer is turning on properly. If the HP Envy 5020 printer is stuck on startup again, try the advanced solution below to fix it.
Some users have reported that updating the printer firmware has helped them resolve this HP printer problem. So, we are going to do the same here.
HP Envy 5020 Printer Firmware Update (manually)
You have to download the latest printer firmware file from the printer’s support page to update its firmware manually.
- Go to the HP Envy 5020 printer’s support page. Click on the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Now, the Software and Downloads screen will open. Ensure that your OS type is selected correctly.
- Expand the Firmware tab and click on the Download command below it. (If no firmware update is available, you can’t see the Download command).
- Wait for the firmware file to download. Once it is downloaded, open it. Now, check if your printer’s serial number is displayed correctly on the Welcome screen.
- If yes, check to ensure that the printer’s status is displayed as Ready.
- If your printer serial number is not displayed, temporarily connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and click Refresh on the Welcome screen.
- Now, choose your printer’s serial number and click Update.
- Wait for the printer firmware to update.
- Once it is done, restart your printer and check if the “stuck” issue is resolved.
Contact us if the HP Envy 5020 printer is stuck on startup again. For this purpose, we have included a Call button on this page.