HP Envy 5540 Connect to Computer: Print to and Scan from computer
The steps involved in the process of HP Envy 5540 connect to computer are simple. You can use the USB cable to connect your printer and computer to each other. Go through the steps here to carry it out.
How to Connect HP Envy 5540 to Computer
- If you want to know how to connect HP Envy 5540 to computer, follow these steps.
- Turn on your printer, get a USB cord of less than 3m length, and an available USB port on the computer.
- Remove the printer USB cord from your computer. Type devices on the search bar of your Windows computer and tap Devices and Printers for HP Envy 5540 connect to computer.
- Right-tap your printer model and tap Remove Device.
- Clear any multiple existing icons and close the Devices and Printers window.
- Open the manufacturer’s website and key in the model of your printer. Follow the guided instructions to download the driver.
- The app HP Easy Start will download as per your printer model.
- Go with the onscreen instructions and open the downloaded file to start the setup.
- Choose USB when you see the connection type option.
- Carry out the operations that your printer supports after completing the setup.
HP Envy 5540 Scan to Computer
If you want to know the process for HP Envy 5540 scan to computer, follow these steps to carry out the function. You can get the instructions for your HP Envy 5540 connect to computer running on Mac and Windows operating systems.
How to Scan to Computer HP Envy 5540
- Know how to scan to computer hp envy 5540 by glancing through the instructions given below.
- Download the HP Easy Scan app from the App Store app.
- You can get the app with the software package from the manufacturer’s website.
- Load the document or photograph on the scanner glass and close the lid.
- Do not load photos in the ADF.
- Search your Mac for scan and click HP Easy Scan in the list.
- Click on your printer’s name on the Scanner list and select a scan job type from the Presets list. Click Scan.
- Open the thumbnail of the scanned item and tap Edit to make changes.
- Tap Send in the bottom-right corner and open Folder.
- Edit the file name and destination of the scanned item in the Prefix and Where fields. Tap Save.
HP Envy 5540 How to Print Photos from Computer
- Get the guide on HP Envy 5540 how to print photos from computer by complying with the instructions here for HP Envy 5540 connect to computer.
- Clear the plain paper from the input tray.
- Place the short edge of the photo paper into the main tray depending on your printer type.
- Ensure that the glossy side of the paper is facing up in your printer which has a rear load tray.
- Keep the paper width guides to make them rest against the edges of the paper.
- Edit the appearance of the photo by altering its color, brightness, contrast, etc.
- Right-click the photograph, choose Open With, and tap Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
- Tap the menu icon and then click Print. Wait while the Print Pictures window opens showing the general print settings.
- Open the Document Properties window to access and change more settings. Press Options>Printer Preferences>Preferences.
- Modify the settings as per your preferences. Tap OK and then Print.
HP Envy 5540 wont Connect to Computer
- To resolve the HP Envy 5540 won t connect to computer, comply with these instructions.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows computer.
- Run the app and resolve the hardware and software issues.
- Tap Fix Scanning on the home screen of the app to test your scanner and go with the instructions.
- Try to connect and see if the connection is made now.
- Uninstall the old printer driver and software from your HP Envy 5540 connect to computer.
- After you remove the printer software, set up your printer again.
- Turn on your printer, install the cartridges, and load plain paper in the tray. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the most recent printer driver.
- Follow the instructions and download and install the application. Choose HP Smart or the full feature to use the advanced features.
- Try connecting again and check if the issue is fixed.