HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting: Not Printing, Paper Jam, Offline, Error Codes
HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting can be taken as a guide to solve printer problems. If there are hardware or software issues on your printer, the troubleshooting solutions are used to fix them.
HP Envy 5540 printing blank pages
- The HP Envy 5540 printing blank pages situation arises when there is a defect in the cartridge.
- Ensure that the ink levels in the cartridge are genuine and proper.
- If the cartridges do not have sufficient ink, replace them with new ones.
- Replace the ink cartridge in your printer if they are defective.
- Tap the Power button to turn on the printer if it is switched off.
- Keep blank white paper into the input tray and then open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait while the printer is idle and quiet.
- Gently press down on the cartridge to release it and pull it out of its slot.
- Remove the cartridge from its new packaging and handle it carefully
- Insert the black cartridge inside the right hole and the tricolor cartridge into the left hole. Close the cartridge access door and try printing now.
HP Envy 5540 won t print in color
- Resolve the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting issue won t print in color by ensuring that the cartridges are compatible with your printer.
- Replace the cartridges if they are not suitable for your printer.
- Insert newly-bought, genuine cartridges into the assigned slots.
- Turn off your HP printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the access door of the cartridge. Wait while the carriage becomes silent and shifts to the center of the printer.
- Press down on the cartridge to free it and pull it out of the slot.
- Remove the additional tape from the cartridge. Hold the cartridges in a way that its nozzles are facing the printer.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot and fix it inside it.
- Make sure the black cartridge is in the right hole and the tri-color cartridge is in the left slot.
- Close the cartridge access door after inserting the cartridges. Check if the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting issue fixes.
HP Envy 5540 out of paper error
- Solve the HP Envy 5540 out of paper error by complying with these steps.
- Use the paper which is good in quality and meets printer requirements.
- Insert the paper in the main input tray to clear the HP Envy 5540 out of paper error.
- Power off your printer by tapping the Power button.
- Unplug the USB cord or Ethernet cable from the back of the printer.
- Pull out the output tray to remove it and the pull the input tray to open it.
- Remove the paper from the photo tray. When you have the paper tray pulled, push the photo tray in.
- Remove any paper from the tray and check the condition of the paper.
- Insert more than 10 sheets and less than 25 sheets in the input tray. Place around 5 sheets in the photo paper tray.
- Check and remove any obstructions inside the trays. Try to perform the function now.
HP Envy 5540 not connecting
- To resolve the HP Envy 5540 not connecting, comply with these instructions.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer running on the Windows operating system.
- Run the application and resolve the hardware and software HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting issues occurring on your printer.
- Press Fix Scanning on the home screen of the app to test your scanner.
- Follow the instructions and try to connect. See if the connection is successfully made now.
- Uninstall the outdated printer driver and software from your computer.
- Once you completely remove the printer software, set up your printer once more.
- Turn on your printer, install the ink cartridges, and load blank paper in the tray. Go to the manufacturer’s site and download the most recent printer driver.
- Download and install the app on your computer. Pick HP Smart or the full feature driver to access the advanced features.
- Try connecting again and check if the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting issue is fixed.
HP Envy 5540 paper jam
- HP Envy 5540 paper jam can occur when there is a paper stuck inside the parts of the printer.
- The paper jam can occur in the input tray, rear load tray, etc., of the printer.
- Pull out the main input tray and take out the loose sheets from it.
- Remove any jammed paper and torn bits from the main input tray.
- Make sure to pull out the paper with both of your hands to avoid splitting of the pages.
- Check that there are no paper bits remaining in the main input tray.
- Grasp the edge of the paper tray and push it in backward until you hear a click sound.
- Take out the paper from the main input tray and switch off your printer.
- Do not proceed for another 30 seconds. Turn your printer on by gently tapping the Power button.
HP Envy 5540 is offline
- The error HP Envy 5540 is offline occurs when the printer is not ready to receive a print job.
- Restart the devices like computer and printer to clear this issue
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows device and install it.
- Reset your printing system to clear the error.
- Delete all the print jobs and preferences by resetting your printer.
- Add your printer to the list after you reset your printer.
- Set your printer as the default one after this.
- Resolve the HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting connection issues existing between the printer and router.
- Ensure that your printer is receiving the power connection which is stable.
- Service your printer if none of the steps given above help to fix the offline issue.
HP Envy 5540 error codes
- The HP Envy 5540 error codes are shown when there are problems in the printer.
- The error codes which display are a combination of letters and numbers (alphanumeric code).
- Take out the ink cartridges from your printer, and reset your printer to clear the error message.
- Switch on your HP printer and wait until it is quiet and not moving.
- Remove the ink cartridges from your printer carefully.
- With your printer powered on, disconnect the electrical plug from the rear of your printer and wall outlet.
- Halt for 60 seconds. Attach the power plug into the wall socket and the printer again.
- Power on your printer in case it does not turn on on its own.
- When the printer is not making any noise, reinstall the ink cartridges and close the access door.
- Get a print of a calibration page if you receive a prompt regarding the same using HP Envy 5540 troubleshooting.