HP Envy 5640 how to scan, scan to email and pdf, Scan multiple pages
With HP Envy 5640 how to scan instruction, will helps to scan to email, scan to pdf, scan multiple pages, download and install scanner driver and fix scanner not working error on the HP Envy 5640 printer.
Quick instruction on HP Envy 5640 how to scan
- If you have interest in the process of HP Envy 5640 how to scan, read the step by step guide given here to carry out this activity.
- With the steps, you can scan from your Windows or Mac operating system. Get the app HP Scan on your Windows system and HP Easy Scan on your Mac.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website from a web browser on your Windows computer and move to the software section. Enter your printer model, tap Download next to the full feature driver, and go with the instructions.
- Choose the option that includes HP Scan for your Windows computer. Load the document to scan on the scanner glass or in the document feeder.
- Type HP on your Windows computer and choose your printer. Wait while the HP Printer Assistant opens. Tap Scan>Scan a Document or Photo.
- Wait as the HP Scan app opens. Choose a scan shortcut, alter the job settings, and tap Scan.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website from your Mac computer using a web browser. Get the app HP Easy Scan along with the driver package.
- Place your document to be scanned on the scanner glass or in the document feeder. Type scan on your Mac computer and select HP Easy Scan from the list.
- Click your printer name present in the Scanner list and choose a scan job type from the Presets menu. Click the Save option.
- Open the thumbnail and click Edit. Change the appearance and then click Send. Tap Folder, edit the file name in Prefix, the location of the file, and select Save.
HP Envy 5640 scan to email
For HP Envy 5640 how to scan to email guide, get a local email client (Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, or Microsoft Outlook) set up and installed on your Windows computer.
- Get Apple Mail for your Mac computer. Configure any web-based email account (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail) through your email client to enable scan to them.
- From the printer’s control panel: Go to the Scan menu, choose your computer name, and tap Email as PDF.
- Find the Apps menu and see the Scan to Email app as many Web-enabled printers have this app.
- Using the buttons on the printer: Search for HP on your Windows computers and choose your printer. Wait while the HP Printer Assistant window opens.
- Click Scan>Scan a Document or Photo. Wait for the HP Scan app to open. Choose a shortcut for the email, like Document to Email or Email as JPEG and click Scan.
- See the scan preview in the window that opens. Tap Send and wait as a new email message automatically opens with the scan attached.
- From your Mac computer, open Finder>Go>Applications and double-tap Image Capture.
- Tap your printer’s name in the Devices or Shared list and select Show Details.
- Change the settings like Name, Scan Mode, Format, etc. Tap Scan and a new email will open with the scan attached.
HP Envy 5640 scan to pdf
- To initiate the process of HP Envy 5640 how to scan to pdf using your Windows computer, check the following requirements.
- Use the PDF document-related shortcuts and a resolution setting of 300 dpi or lower.
- Search your Windows system for HP and choose your printer. Wait as HP Printer Assistant opens.
- Tap Scan>Scan a Document or Photo. Wait for HP Scan to open.
- Choose the Save as PDF or Document to File option.
- If you used ADF to scan multiple pages, click Save and all the pages will scan to a single file.
- If you scanned using the scanner glass, load the next page of your document or photo on the glass.
- Tap the plus button in the HP Scan window app to start scanning the next item. Do these steps until all the pages or photos are scanned.
- Click Save and choose PDF from the Save as type option.
- Modify the file name and folder of your scanned item and tap the Save option.
HP Envy 5640 scan multiple pages
For steps on HP Envy 5640 how to scan multiple pages, do these steps to complete the process.
- You can scan many pages in a single turn and save them in one PDF file by making use of the HP Easy Scan app on your Mac computer.
- Type scan on the search bar of your Mac computer and tap HP Easy Scan in the list of results.
- Wait for the HP Easy Scan to open.
- Scan your document or photo using the ADF or the scanner glass. If you used the automatic document feeder to scan multiple pages, go to the next step.
- If you scanned using the scanner glass, keep the next page or photograph and tap Scan Next Item or Add.
- Redo all these steps or photos are scanned and continue to the next step to save in a PDF file.
- Tap Send and click Folder. Select PDF in the Format menu, tap the Where menu, and choose a folder to save the scan.
- Enable the checkbox next to Save all items to a single file. Choose PDF format and mark the checkbox to save the scanned item to a single file.
- Tap Save.
HP Envy 5640 scanner software download
- If you need to know HP Envy 5640 how to scan software download, go through the steps here.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website and enter the printer model.
- Download the printer driver to get all the features of the printer.
- Get the app HP Easy Scan for your Mac.
- Get HP Scan for your Windows computer.
- Also, there are apps available to scan your documents or photos to your computer.
- Scanning applications are available for your mobile devices also to perform the scanning operation.
- Get the HP Smart app, Windows Scan app, etc., on your Windows computer.
- Download Apple Image Capture and HP Scan software on your Mac computer.
- Use the HP Smart app on your Android or iOS mobile devices to scan.
HP Envy 5640 scanner not working
- Fix the HP Envy 5640 how to scanner not working error by resetting the printer and verifying that the power source is working properly.
- Press the Power button on the printer and turn it on. Without shutting down your printer, remove the electrical cord from the printer.
- Unplug the USB cord from the power source and wait for around 30 seconds. Ensure that you do not connect it to a surge protector or multi-plug adapter.
- Connect the electrical cord to the rear of your printer and turn it on. Make a test copy if the no error displays.
- Attach the electrical cord to a different outlet present on the wall, and check if the original socket is causing the issue if the error displays.
- Check the scanner bar functionality to see if it is jammed.
- Take out any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Raise the scanner cover and tap the Copy button or icon.
- Troubleshoot the printer if the scanner light shifts but the error persists.
- If the scanner light does not shift, then the scanner is jammed. Service your printer to fix the HP Envy 5640 how to scan not working issue.