- 123.hp.com »
- HP Envy 5640 Not Connect Ink Issues
[Solved] HP Envy 5640 Not Connect To Instant Ink
It is necessary to use genuine ink cartridges for your HP printer. When the ink cartridge is not compatible, low, or empty, you might need to replace those cartridges on your HP ENVY 5640 printer. For this purpose, you can use HP’s instant ink subscription program to get genuine ink cartridges for your printer. But sometimes, your printer might not be able to connect to the HP instant ink program. To fix this HP Envy 5640 Not Connect To Instant Ink issue, you can perform the below instructions.
HP Envy 5640 – Ensure The Connection
- First, check whether the power cord is properly connected to your printer’s rear and the wall outlet.
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- If you have connected your HP ENVY 5640 printer and the computer using the Wi-Fi connection method, ensure that the devices are on the same network.
- If you connect your printer and computer using a USB cable, confirm that the cable is connected properly. In case of any problem with the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- Now, check whether your HP ENVY 5640 printer can connect to the instant ink program.
- If the issue continues, restart your printer by following the below instructions.
Restart The HP Envy 5640 Printer
- If you have already turned on your printer, turn it off and unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Now, disconnect the wireless router and wait for some time.
- Close all the applications on your computer and turn it off.
- Next, you need to connect all the necessary cables and turn on your router again.
- Plug the power cord into the back of your HP ENVY 5640 printer and the other end into the electrical outlet.
- You can now turn on your printer.
- Now, check if your HP ENVY 5640 printer can connect to the instant ink program.
- If not, perform the below steps.
Reconnect Your HP Envy 5640 Printer To Instant Ink
- First, you need to connect your printer to the network.
- Next, make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Now, go to the printer’s control panel and touch the Wireless icon.
- Otherwise, navigate to the Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless Settings option from the list.
- Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option on your printer screen.
- Now, perform the on-screen prompts on your printer and complete the wireless setup.
- If the connection fails, reconnect your HP ENVY 5640 printer to the wireless network.
- Go to the official website of HP instant ink.
- Now, sign in to your HP Instant Ink account if you have not signed in already.
- Go to the top of the Statusarea on your HP Instant Ink account page and click the Refresh icon.
- Here, check if the status is o This will make sure that your printer is connected to the HP Instant Ink service.
- In case your printer is connected to the network, but the status on the Instant Ink account page displays the offlinemessage after clicking the Refresh icon, you need to wait and try again later.
You can now fix the “HP ENVY 5640 not connect to instant ink” issue by following the above instructions.
If you are looking to resolve other issues with your printer, click the Call button to contact our technical experts.