HP Envy 5640 Wireless Setup
- Check if the computer is connected to a wireless network.
- Confirm whether the printer is also connected to the same router.
- Load the relevant paper into the tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that the above-mentioned devices are placed within the range near the router.
- To download the revised version of the driver, click the Download link on this page.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Click Continue on the HP Installer screen, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click on the option called Wireless-Make a Wireless Connection to the Printer.
- Select Yes under the HP Auto Wireless Connect window and click Next.
- Attach the USB cable, carry out the on-screen steps and click Next. Follow the prompts and disconnect the cable and work on HP Envy 5640 wireless setup
Connect HP Envy 5640 Series Wireless
- Search Windows for HP and choose the name of the printer to open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Select Utilities or Tools in the top menu bar.
- Choose Printer Set up and Software or Device Set up and Software.
- Select Convert a USB Connected Printer to Wireless.
- In Mac, open Finder, select Go in the top menu bar and choose Applications.
- Double click on HP folder -> HP Utility.
- In the All Settings tab, select Wireless Setup.
- If Wireless Setup is not listed, proceed with the method of adding the printer through System Preferences.
- In the touchscreen or LCD menu display printer, choose the Wireless, Network or Setup menu, choose HP Envy 5640 wireless setup Wizard and connect the printer.
- For printers without displays, tap the Wireless icon to switch on the wireless radio.
- If the wireless light is ON, the printer is interconnected to the network.
- If the light blinks, move the printer nearer to the wireless router
- Tap the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button on the router and wait till the wireless light is solid.
- Select the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and then select Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- If your printer name is listed, remove and add the printer to confirm that it is set up correctly.
- Select the printer name and choose the – sign to delete the printer.
- Click the + sign to select Add Printer or Scanner and choose your printer.
- If the printer name is not listed, select the Plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose the name of the printer.
- Select the Use or Print Using option and then choose AirPrint or the printer name to finish the HP Envy 5640 wireless setup.
HP Envy 5640 Will Not Install Wireless
If HP Envy 5640 fails to connect to the network or does not print using the wireless network, then restart the devices such as laptop or computer, router or printer. You can also use HP Print and Scan doctor, the auto-diagnostic tool to resolve any printing related and HP Envy 5640 wireless setup issues. Deactivate the printer’s function by unplugging the power cable from the printer and power source. Do not touch your printer for some time so that it undergoes the settling period and becomes idle. After a minute, enable its function by plugging the power cable into the printer’s rear port and the power outlet.