HP Envy 7640 connection problems
- Download the HP Print and Scan doctor on the Windows computer.
- Run the file from its downloaded location. Launch the app, tap Start and choose your printer.
- In case your printer is not in the list, turn off your printer and click Retry.
- Follow the instructions in the HP Print and Scan Doctor application if there is a connection problem.
- Tap Yes if you are prompted to enable the printer updates and also if you are asked to set the printer as the default one.
- Check if you can print. Proceed to the next steps if the HP Envy 7640 printer problems and issue persists.
- Set your printer as the default one from your Windows 10 computer. On the search bar of your Windows, type devices.
- Tap Printers and Scanners in the list. In case it is selected, uncheck the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Click on your printer’s name from the list and click Manage. If there are many printers in the list, choose the one which is idle or silent.
- Press Set as default under the Manage your device option. Check if you can print.
HP Envy 7640 photo tray problem
Clear the photo tray problem in the automatic two-sided printing by pressing the buttons on the left & right sides of the duplexer and remove it from the printer. Remove the paper from inside the printer. Open the duplexer. Remove any paper from inside the duplexer. Close the duplexer. Attach the duplexer to the printer. Then, press the Resume button by turning on the printer. Then, clearing the paper jam from the automatic two-sided print accessory with small paper tray by tapping the buttons on the left and right sides of the accessory, and remove it from the printer. Remove the paper that is inside the printer. Lift the back lever on the accessory, & then unhook the small paper tray. Tilt the small paper tray forward & then open the lower door of the accessory. Remove the paper that is inside the accessory. And, attach the accessory to the printer.
HP Envy 7640 ink cartridge problem
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are compatible. Also, ensure that the latch is down by placing the fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer.
- Then, pull to open the access door. And, the carriage moves to the left side of the printer. Wait till the cartridge is idle & silent before you proceed.
- Ensure that the colored dot on the ink cartridge label matches the colored dot on the carriage slot. Push in the front of the ink cartridge to release and pull it towards you to remove from the slot.
- Inspect the ink cartridge for damage and the copper-colored ink cartridge contacts for debris or ink buildup.Carefully insert the cartridge into the slot & push the ink cartridge forward till it clicks into place.
- Ensure that the carriage latch is down. And, if the carriage latch is up, press it down till it clicks & close the cartridge access door.
- Also, clean the cartridge contacts by using a clean, lint-free cloth. Keep the fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer. Wait till the carriage is idle and silent.
- Push in the front of the ink cartridge to release and pull the ink cartridge toward you to remove it from the slot.
- With the cloth, wipe the copper-colored contact on the ink cartridge.
- Carefully reinsert the ink cartridge into the slot. And, close the access door.
HP Envy 7640 copy problems
- The other reasons can be the connectivity issue. Make sure that the devices are connected properly.
- Restart the printer and computer to resolve this HP Envy 7640 printer problems and issue. Power off your printer.
- Make sure the printer electrical cable is connected directly to an electrical outlet and not to any surge protectors.
- Terminate all the active and running programs on your computer and then shut it down.
- Power on your computer and then your printer. Try to copy now.
- Check if you are using a USB cable to copy.
- Make sure the USB connection is proper to ensure that there are no USB cable issues.
- Disconnect the USB cable and then attach it again from your printer and computer. Try using a different USB cable and check if that resolves the HP Envy 7640 printer problems and issue.
- Make sure you have the latest printer driver and software installed on your computer. Remove any unnecessary driver file and try copying.