HP Envy 7640 Scan to Email, Computer, PDF, Multiple Pages
HP Envy 7640 scan to email is a process of scanning and sending to an email. This activity helps you access your scanned document or photograph from anywhere, providing you have your email account on the device you are using. The steps are very easy to follow for this function. Go through them to start the HP Envy 7640 scan to email function.
HP Envy 7640 how to scan to email
- Read the instructions here if you want to how to start the HP Envy 7640 scan to email.
- Turn on your computer. Install and set up a local email client on your computer.
- Configure any web-based email account like Gmail, Hotmail, etc., using the email client you just installed and set up.
- Search for HP on your Windows and choose your printer. Wait for the HP Printer Assistant window to open. Tap Scan>Scan a Document or Photo.
- Tap any email shortcut like Document to Email or Email as JPEG. Press Scan and the scan preview screen will open.
- Press Send. A new message will open with the scan attached in it.
- Tap Finder>Go>Applications on your Mac. Double-tap the option Image Capture.
- Select your printer name from the Devices list and select Show Details if applicable. Alter the settings like Format, Scan Mode, etc.
- Click Scan after making the required changes.
- Wait for the new HP Envy 7640 scan to email to open automatically with the scan attached.
HP Envy 7640 how to scan to computer
- Know the process of HP Envy 7640 how to scan to computer by reading these steps.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and tap Download on the name of HP Easy Scan app to scan to your Mac.
- Keep the document or photo with its printed-side facing the scanner glass and shut the scanner lid.
- If your printer has the ADF, you can use it to scan multiple pages at a single time. Do not load photographs in the document feeder.
- Enter scan on your Mac and choose HP Easy Scan from the results.
- Wait while the HP Easy Scan app opens. Choose your printer from the Scanner menu.
- Select a type of scan job from the Presets drop-down menu. Then, tap Scan.
- Open the thumbnail of the scanned document to change the settings of it by clicking Edit.
- Change settings like color, size, etc. Tap Send>Folder.
- Enter your file name and its location in the Prefix and Where fields respectively. Click Save. Complete the process of HP Envy 7640 scan to email and computer.
HP Envy 7640 how to scan to pdf
- Start the process of HP Envy 7640 how to scan to pdf using the scanner platen/glass or the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Type HP on your Windows and pick your printer from the list.
- Wait while the HP Printer Assistant window opens.
- Click Scan>Scan a Document or Photo.
- Wait as HP Scan opens. Tap any one of the Save as PDF or Document to File option.
- If you made use of the ADF to scan multiple pages, click Save.
- Keep the next page or photograph on the scanner platen.
- Click the plus option in the HP Scan preview screen to scan the next page.
- Do these steps again until all the photos or pages are properly scanned. Click Save.
- Click PDF in the Save as type window to save it as a PDF file. Complete the process of HP Envy 7640 scan to email and pdf.
How to scan a document on HP Envy 7640
- Understand how to scan a document on HP Envy 7640 using these steps.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website from your Windows computer.
- Scroll to the Driver and Software section on the website.
- Type the model of your printer and click Download next to the full-feature driver.
- Proceed by following the displayed instructions to connect the printer.
- Tap the suggested option that includes HP Scan.
- Place the item to scan on the scanner glass with the print-side down. Type HP on your Windows computer and select your printer
- Wait while the HP Printer Assistant window opens. Click Scan.
- Tap Scan a Document or Photo and wait while the HP Scan app opens.
- Tap a scan shortcut, change the scan job preferences, and click Scan. Complete the process of HP Envy 7640 scan to email and scan a document.
HP Envy 7640 how to scan multiple pages
- Know the process of HP Envy 7640 how to scan multiple pages using the scanner glass or the ADF.
- Type HP on your Windows and choose your printer from the list.
- Wait for the HP Printer Assistant to open. Tap Scan->Scan a Document or Photo.
- Wait for the HP Scan app to open. Tap the Save as PDF or Document to File option.
- If you used the ADF to scan multiple pages, press Save.
- All the pages which are scanned will save into a single file.
- Load the next page on the scanner platen.
- Tap the plus option in the HP Scan preview screen to scan the next item.
- Repeat these steps until all the photos or pages are scanned.
- Press Save. Complete the process of HP Envy 7640 scan to email and scan multiple pages.
HP Envy 7640 scan software download and install
- The HP Envy 7640 scan software download and install is very important to carry out the scanning activity.
- For your Mac, download the printer driver and software package from the manufacturer’s website
- Download the HP Easy Scan tool from App Store or get it with the software package.
- From your Windows system, open the manufacturer’s website and type your printer’s model.
- Tap Download next to the label full-feature driver.
- This option will be in the section Driver-Product Installation Software.
- Select the option which includes HP Scan.
- Go on as per the instructions and initiate scanning.
- Get the list of other apps available for scanning for your devices.
- Check the requirements of your system and get the driver as per the need. Complete the process of HP Envy 7640 scan to email and scan software download and install.
HP Envy 7640 won’t scan
- If you are facing the error HP Envy 7640 won’t scan, do these steps here to fix it.
- Get HP Print and Scan Doctor (Windows) to resolve this issue.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor tool and install on your Windows system.
- Press Start on the home screen and pick your printer name.
- Tap Next to move to the Finding and Fixing Problems screen.
- Click Fix Scanning. Carry out the prompts to fix the issue.
- Ensure to get a test copy to be sure that the issue is resolved.
- Check the scanner and see if it is jammed.
- Remove the documents or pictures from the scanner platen.
- Elevate the scanner cover and tap Copy. If it is jammed, service your printer. Complete the process of HP Envy 7640 scan to email and fix won’t scan issue.