HP Envy 7640 Scan to Email, Computer, PDF, Multiple Pages
In this modern world, many people prefer scanning and saving or sending a document to a computer or email over printing it because scanning benefits in many ways. It helps you to save money on buying papers for printing, save storage space in your office, and allow you to carry all your important documents effortlessly anywhere you want, etc.
Most multi-functional printers (that are available on the market today), including the HP Envy 7640, support scanning. Here in this article, we will see everything about the HP Envy 7640 printer’s scan function.
HP Envy 7640 Scan To Email
Scanning and sending an original to an email is easy to perform with this HP Envy printer. Because the printer comes with the Scan-to-Email app, which enables you to scan and send an image or document to the recipient of your choice directly from its control panel.
However, before you begin the process, make sure that the printer is configured to “scan to email.” Also, the printer must be set up. Click here if your printer still wants to be set up. Configuring the HP Envy 7640 scan-to-email settings is as simple as setting up the printer’s initial settings. Let’s see the entire process in detail.
Step #1- Configuring Scan to Email
- Switch on your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Select Scan from the menu. Need help finding this menu? Well, you can find this menu on the printer’s home screen, mostly between the Copy and HP Printables menus.
- Tap Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Enter the email address (valid one) that you wish to use for an email in the email box.
- Tap “Continue” again. What do you see now on the printer screen? A screen prompts you to enter the PIN or password of the entered address. You have to enter the PIN to complete the configuration.
- Tap PIN and enter the PIN there.
- Choose the saving type that you want the HP Envy printer to use to save your information.
Have you done it? Perfect! You have successfully configured the scan to email settings on your HP Envy 7640 printer. Now, you can scan and send the image or document to the recipient of your choice via email.
Step #2: Using the HP Envy 7640 Scanner to Email
- Place the image or document to be scanned and emailed on the scanner glass or in the document feeder of the printer. You can use the document feeder only for scanning documents. If you want to scan an image, place it on the scanner’s glass.
- Select Scan > Email. The screen displaying the account that you have configured will open now.
- Choose your email account and tap “Continue.”
- Enter your PIN if prompted.
- Choose Document if you have loaded the document on the printer. If you have loaded an image, select Photo.
- Configure the scan settings as per your needs.
- Select Modify Recipient(s). This option will help you add or remove recipients.
- Tap Done after adding the recipient’s address.
- Begin the scan job by selecting Scan to Email. Can you hear any noise from the printer? If yes, that means the printer has started scanning. The printer will complete the scanning within a few seconds. Once the scanning is done, a pop-up message relating to it will appear on the screen.
- Tap OK > Yes to send the scanned copy of the document or image to the entered recipient address.
Congratulations! You have successfully scanned and sent the document or image to your email recipient.
HP Envy 7640 Scan To Computer
Do you want to save all your important hard copies of the originals securely and, at the same time, save storage space? If yes, use the scan to computer function of your HP Envy 7640 printer. Using this function, you can scan and save any document or image directly from your printer’s control panel to the connected computer.
You can find the detailed steps on how to scan to a computer with the HP Envy 7640 in the section below.
#1: Setting Up the Printer for Scanning
No one likes encountering or facing an error or a problem when using the printer, right? So, if you want to perform the scan job easily and without errors or problems, prepare the printer for the same.
- Switch on the HP Envy printer.
- Ensure that the printer is linked or paired with your Mac or Windows computer (where you want to save the scanned copy).
- Ensure that the most compatible and latest scanner driver is installed on your computer.
- Place the document (image or paper) to be scanned on the printer.
- Enable the “Scan to Computer” feature. This feature is enabled by default and remains turned on until you turn it off manually. However, before beginning the “HP Envy 7640 scan to computer” process, ensure that the feature is turned on once.
- Launch the HP printer assistant for Windows installed on your computer.
- Go to Scan and click on the “Manage Scan to Computer” option.
- Check the status on the “Scan to Computer” screen. Close the same screen if you find the Disable button and the “Scan to Computer is enabled” message on it.
- Click the Enable button if you find it instead of Disable.
- Start HP Utility.
- Go to the Scan Settings section.
- Click on the “Scan to Computer” option.
- Check if the check mark beside the Enable Scan to Computer option is selected. If yes, that means the scan-to-computer feature is already enabled. If the checkbox is not selected, the feature is disabled.
- Click on the checkbox beside “Enable Scan to Computer” to turn on the Scan to Computer feature.
Have you enabled the “Scan to Computer” feature? Cool!
#2: Scan and Save the Original
- Place the original on the printer. You can use the document feeder or the scanner glass to place the original.
- Ensure that the original you want to scan to the computer is placed properly.
- Select Scan > Computer.
- Choose the connected computer if you have used the USB connection method for setup.
- Set the scan resolution, type, and other settings.
- Tap “Start Scan” to scan and save the original to your computer.
HP Envy 7640 Scan To PDF – Windows
Do you want to scan multiple pages of the document and access them as one single PDF file? If yes, use the HP Envy 7640’s scan to PDF function. Like scanning to a computer or scanning to email, you can perform the scanning to PDF operation with this HP Envy printer.
- Load all the pages of the original in the document feeder of your printer.
- Open the HP printer software.
- Ensure that your HP Envy 7640 printer is selected on the software’s main screen.
- Click “Print, Scan & Fax”> “Scan a Document or Photo.”
- Select Save as PDF as the scan type on the opened screen.
- Change the default scan resolution, output type, scan size, etc., if necessary.
- Make sure to choose Searchable PDF from the File Type drop-down menu.
- Click the checkbox beside “Show scan preview” if it is not selected.
- Click Scan if you have configured the scan settings correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the rest of the scan to PDF operation.
How to Scan a Document on an HP Envy 7640 – 5 Easy Steps
Are you looking for the basic steps on how to scan a document with your HP Envy 7640 printer? If yes, your search ends here.
- Ensure that your HP Envy printer is turned on and connected to your Mac or Windows computer.
- Install the most compatible and latest scanner drivers on your computer if the existing ones are outdated or you still need to install them.
- Use the printer’s document feeder or scanner glass to load the original.
- Tap Scan on the printer’s home screen. Now, the scan menu screen will open.
- Select the location or folder where you want to save the scanned copy on the Scan menu screen. Ensure that the scan type, resolution, and scan size are configured correctly.
- Tap the “Start Scan” button.
Is your printer scanning the placed original? If yes, you have prepared the devices (printer and computer) and configured the scan settings correctly. You have come this far. Give yourself a pat on the shoulder.
How to Scan Multiple Pages on an HP Envy 7640
We saw how to scan to PDF with the HP Envy 7640 printer in the section above. If you have performed the scan to PDF job without error or problem, then you can scan multiple pages easily with this printer. Read the simple instructions below to learn how to scan multiple pages on this HP printer.
- Load all the pages of the original you want to scan into the printer’s document feeder.
- Open the HP printer software if you’re using Windows.
- Click “Scan a Document or Photo.” Select PDF from the File Type drop-down menu.
- Configure the scan preferences if necessary.
- Click Scan. According to your preferences, the printer will scan and save all pages loaded in the document feeder on your computer.
- Open the HP Easy Scan app if you’re on a Mac.
- Ensure that your HP Envy 7640 printer is selected on the app’s main screen.
- Choose the scan type from the Presets drop-down menu and click Scan.
- Wait for the printer to scan all the pages that you loaded. Once the scanning is done, you can find the thumbnails of the scanned documents on the app screen.
- Click Send, followed by Share or Folder. If you have selected a folder, a pop-up dialog box will open.
- Choose where you want to save the scanned pages and the file type, and enter the name in the given fields.
- Finally, click Save.
Download and Install HP Envy 7640 Scanner Software
Installing the most compatible and latest HP Envy printer software on your computer is paramount to perform the scan job effortlessly and without error. The full-featured software and drivers recommended for your OS type contain almost all the drivers that are needed to perform the print and scan operations from your computer to the printer.
It is not a problem if you still need to install the HP Envy 7640 scanning software on your computer. You can do it now. Follow the simple steps below to download and install the HP Envy 7640 scan software within a few minutes.
- Go to the HP Envy 7640 printer’s official support page.
- Click Software, Drivers, and Firmware > Go (if necessary).
- Ensure that your OS type is selected correctly.
- Choose the full-featured software and driver recommended for your OS type and download it. The download process might take a few seconds or minutes to complete. It completely depends on your internet speed.
- Run the driver file once it is downloaded.
- Install the scanner drivers by following the on-screen instructions.
We know that finding and downloading the right printer driver for an OS type is challenging for everyone. So, we have simplified the driver download process on this page. Click the download button given below to download the most compatible and latest HP Envy 7640 printer driver directly from this page with a single click.
- As mentioned earlier, the HP Envy 7640 scanning software for Windows is provided along with the printer’s full-featured software. However, you have to choose the scanning software while performing the installation.
- The HP Easy Scan app is the recommended scanning application for Mac. You can install this app while installing the printer’s full-featured software or from the App Store.
HP Envy 7640 won’t scan
Is your HP Envy 7640 printer not responding to the scan request? If yes, your printer is facing some hardware or software issue, or you have configured the scan settings incorrectly. Whatever the causes might be, you can resolve this scanning issue within a few minutes.
- Get HP Print and Scan Doctor (Windows) and install it on your computer.
- Launch the installed diagnostic and repair tool.
- Click Start on the home screen.
- Select your printer’s name. Click Next to move to the Finding and Fixing Problems screen.
- Click “Fix Scanning.” Carry out the prompts to fix the issue.
- Ensure that you get a test copy to be sure that the issue is resolved.
- Check the scanner to see if it is jammed.
- Remove the documents or pictures from the scanner’s platen.
- Elevate the scanner, cover it, and tap Copy. If it is jammed, clear it.
Have you scanned to email?
Have you learned how to scan multiple pages on the HP Envy 7640 printer, PDF, and email? Yes, we think so. If you have prepared the printer and configured the scan settings correctly, you can scan an original and save or send it to a computer or email within a few minutes. This printer can also perform the scan operation via the Webscan feature. Please contact us for more information.