HP Envy 7640 setup wireless connection
- Check if the computer is connected to a wireless network.
- Confirm whether the printer is also connected to the same router.
- Load the relevant paper into the tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that the above-mentioned devices are placed within the range near the router.
- To download the revised version of the driver, click the Download link on this page.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- Click Continue on the HP Installer screen, and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Click on the option called Wireless-Make a HP Envy 7640 wireless setup to the printer.
- Select Yes under the HP Auto Wireless Connect window and click Next.
- Attach the USB cable, carry out the on-screen steps and click Next. Follow the prompts and disconnect the cable.
How to connect HP Envy 7640 to laptop wireless
- Ensure that the laptop is switched on and connected to the internet.
- Locate the Power button on the printer and press it.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer and then to the laptop.
- Make sure that if Found a new Hardware window displays, then check if you can use your printer. Then, your driver is installed for the USB connection.
- Ensure that you have a network router with available Ethernet ports for the wired connection.
- Ensure that the laptop is connected to the router if it is not already connected.
- Get an Ethernet Cable and do not use a standard telephone cable.
- Locate the Power button on the printer and switch it on.
- Remove the plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable into the printer and the available port on the router.
Cannot connect my HP Envy 7640 wireless
Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your computer running on the Windows operating system. Run the application & solve the hardware and software issues occurring on the printer. Press Fix Scanning on the home screen of the app to test the scanner. Follow the HP Envy 7640 wireless setup instructions and try to connect. See if the connection is successfully made now. Uninstall the outdated printer driver and software from your computer. Once you completely remove the printer software, set up your printer once more. Turn on your printer, install the ink cartridges, and load blank paper in the tray. Go to the manufacturer’s site and download the most recent printer driver. Download and install the app on your computer. Pick HP Smart or the full feature driver to access the advanced features. Try connecting again and check if the issue is fixed.
HP Envy 7640 won’t print wirelessly
Locate the Power button on the printer and press it. With the printer switched on, take out the power cord from the rear of the printer. Remove the power cord from the outlet. Wait for atleast 15 seconds. And, insert the power cord back in the wall outlet. Reconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. Again, press the Power button and turn it on for HP Envy 7640 wireless setup.