HP Eprint Setup
HP ePrint Setup
HP ePrint Setup is a secure cloud-based service. Once done with setting the HP ePrint, then you can print from anywhere, with an internet connection. Just email the photo or document you want to print, directly to the printer.
Step 1: Gather HP ePrint setup requirements
Before setting up your printer for HP Eprint Setup, check whether the printer meets all the requirements or not. Because the printer, will not be able to use the HP ePrint until it meets all the requirements. Also, remember that if you connect your printer to USB, then HP ePrint will not work.
- Ensure your printer supports the HP ePrint and check for an HP ePrint button, icon or logo on the printer control panel.
- If your printer control panel does not have a button or icon, based on your printer model, go to the Network Setup, Web Services Setup or Wireless Settings to find the Web Services menu.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an Internet connection.
- Make sure your printer and computer are connected to the internet connection either via wired or wireless network. Also, check the cables and lights.
Step 2: Enable Web Services
To enable your printer to communicate securely over the Internet with web-connected printing services, such as HP ePrint, turn on the web services. Periodic firmware updates are required and Web Services must be turned on to use HP Eprint Setup.
- If your printer has a touch screen or LCD display, turn on the web services directly and update the printer firmware, if prompted. For that, on the printer control panel, click the “HP ePrint button or icon. If it prompts to turn on the web services or setup, then select the Enable, Turn On, or Setup based on your printer control panel. Now, follow the on-screen instructions and continue to the next step. Finally, select “ok” if it prompts to update the firmware.
- If your printer doesn’t have a touch screen or LCD display, then use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to turn on Web Services and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 3: Obtain the email address of your HP Printer
- As soon as you turn on Web Services for HP Eprint Setup, wait for the printer to open the “Make the Most of Your Printer” or “Important Printer Setup Instructions” page. This page contains the information about web services. It includes either your the printer claim code or printer email address.
- Sometimes there may be a delay for the page to open. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes till it gets opened. If not turn off the web services and enable it again to obtain a new information page.
- Place the printer’s email address on the information sheet, and then continue to the next step.
Step 4: Printing with HP ePrint Setup
The HP ePrint service performs print jobs by sending photos and documents securely to the printer through email. You can send print jobs from your tablet, computer, laptop, or smartphone with an email account and with an active internet connection for HP Eprint Setup.
- Enter the printer’s email address and enter the subject in the subject line.
- Including attachments the total size of the email must be 10 MB or less than that.
- Attach the photo or document that you want to print and send it via email. You can now easily print the attachment.
Step 5: Print a document or photo from your mobile device
You can send an email, with your printer’s email address to your web-enabled printer, to print from your tablet or Android smartphone, or iPhone,iPad, or iPod touch with HP ePrint.
- First, open the app that has the photo or document to be print and select the share or action icon based on your mobile device.
- Now, open the email app and enter the email address in the To: field.
- Enter the subject in the subject line because without a subject line may cause an error while printing and then tap “send” then get successful HP Eprint Setup.