- 123.hp.com »
- Laserjet M209dwe Not Printing
HP Laserjet M209dwe Not Printing Issues
HP LaserJet M209dwe is a multifunctional wireless printer ideal for everyday printing needs. Generally, this printer works efficiently without giving you any trouble. In case it stops printing all of a sudden, you need to troubleshoot the problem with the appropriate solutions. Try out the techniques listed in this article and see if you can fix the “HP LaserJet M209dwe not printing” problem.
Check The Fundamentals
- If your HP LaserJet M209dwe printer is not printing, the first thing you should check is the power outlet. See if you have connected the printer to a working electrical outlet. If you find any fault with its functionality, try to connect your printer to a different electrical outlet.
- Check if your printer shows any error codes. If so, rectify the problem with the appropriate solutions.
- If there is a paper jam on your printer, remove all the jammed paper from the specified location and resume your printing job.
- If none of these solutions fixes your problem, jump to the following techniques.
Check The Connection – HP Laserjet M209dwe Printer
- If you cannot print your documents from your computer, the problem might be with the connection between your devices.
- If you have connected your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the cable is working fine and connected to both ends firmly.
- If you have connected your devices over a network, ensure they are connected to the same network.
Set HP Laserjet M209dwe As The Default Machine
It is always important to set your printer as the default machine. When you do this, every document you send from your computer will reach your HP LaserJet M209dwe without any distraction. Follow these instructions to know the detailed procedure.
- On your Windows computer, click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sounds> Devices and Printers. Here you can find all the devices connected to your computer.
- Right-click on your HP LaserJet M209dwe printer and select the Set as default printer option.
- Now, send a print job from your computer and check if it reaches the right destination.
Cancel The Documents
- If the print jobs pile up on your printer’s memory, it will start to malfunction. At some point, it may fail to print your documents. In that case, you can fix your problem by canceling the documents you have sent so far.
- To do this, go to the Devices and Printers section, right-click on your printer, and select the See what’s printing option.
- Go to the Printer tab and select the Cancel All Documents option.
Disable Use HP Laserjet M209dwe Printer Offline And Pause Printing
- If you have enabled Use Printer Offline or Pause printing in the Devices and Printers section, your HP LaserJet printer will not print anything.
- To fix this, go to the Devices and Printers section on your Windows computer, right-click on your printer, and select the See what’s printing option.
- Click the Printer tab and ensure these options are disabled.
- The driver is responsible for establishing stable and secure communication between your printer and computer. If this goes outdated or corrupted, you will end up in trouble.
- Navigate to the Device Manager section and uninstall the printer driver. Then, reinstall the same driver and see if your problem is rectified. If this doesn’t fix your trouble, try to update the driver.
- On your computer, visit HP’s official website. Enter HP LaserJet M209dwe in the search area and go to the support page. There click Software, Drivers and Firmware. When it shows you the compatible drivers for your OS, you need to pick the most appropriate one and click Download.
- Install the updated driver and check if your HP LaserJet M209dwe printer prints now.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you fix the “HP LaserJet M209dwe not printing” problem. In case you still cannot rectify your trouble, get in touch with our expert team by making use of the call option we have provided on this page.