- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet M209dwe Setup
The Ultimate Guide to Installing Your HP LaserJet M209dwe Printer for Beginners and Experts Alike
Welcome to our step-by-step guide on setting up your HP LaserJet M209dwe printer! Setting up a new printer for the first time is always a memorable experience for everyone. As a result, doing it perfectly to the best of one’s ability is critical. The HP LaserJet M209dwe printer is a powerful and reliable printer that is designed to meet all your printing needs. This printer offers high-quality printing, scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities. With its easy-to-use interface, you’ll be printing your documents in no time.
Setting it up is also a breeze. This web page will make the HP LaserJet M209dwe setup even easier. Follow along with us to do it quickly and easily. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
- Unboxing and Setup Made Easy
- Downloading and Installing Drivers Hassle-free
- Your Guide to a Seamless Experience
- Wireless Printing on the Go
- USB Setup in a Snap
- Printing at Your Fingertips with HP Smart App
- Enrolling in Instant Ink Made Easy
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Print
- Mastering the Art of Scanning
- Printing Woes? No Worries: Troubleshooting Made Simple
Unboxing and Setup Made Easy
Like any other HP+ printer, setting up this HP LaserJet M209dwe printer (HP+) is a piece of cake. Begin with unboxing the printer if you want to do it. Then, turn on the printer and complete the setup processes one by one. Go ahead and read the detailed instructions below to learn more about the HP LaserJet M209dw setup.
- First, unpack the printer completely. The Original HP Black LaserJet toner cartridge is pre-installed on your printer.
- So, forget to install the cartridge on your printer. Ensure that you only remove the cartridge from your printer once it’s time for a replacement.
- Now, turn on the printer. To do so, plug the printer directly into an electrical outlet and wait for a few seconds.
- The HP LaserJet printer will automatically turn on. If not, press the Power button.
- Ensure that all lights on the printer’s control panel are stable and the printer is silent.
- Now, install the printer on your computer or smartphone using the HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, and Apple iOS) or the HP Easy Start software (Windows 7).
- Finally, install the input tray and load it with a compatible media type. Once you have done that, your printer is all set for printing.
Kudos! You have completed the HP LaserJet M209dw setup.
Downloading And Installing Drivers Hassle-free
If you’re setting up your HP LaserJet M209dwe printer for the first time, then ensure that you use the latest and most compatible driver. This will ensure that you perform the driver installation smoothly, easily, and mostly without errors. If you are inexperienced, downloading and installing the printer driver can be daunting. Relax. Let us help you download the right HP LaserJet M209dwe setup driver for your OS and install it on your computer.
Downloading The Driver
You can download the most compatible and latest setup driver for almost all OS types from the printer’s official support page. Do you want to download the printer driver in no time? Then, click on the button below.
Driver Installation (windows)
- Open the downloaded HP LaserJet M209dwe setup driver on your computer.
- Follow along with the instructions on the screen to install the basic drivers.
- Then, choose the connection type that you would like to use to set up the printer on your computer.
- Finish the rest of the driver installation on your computer by following the prompts on the screen.
That’s it! Installing the HP LaserJet M209dwe setup driver is that easy.
Your Guide to a Seamless Experience
The HP LaserJet M209dwe printer is new to you, and you want to learn everything you can about it. Then, we suggest utilizing its user guide, where you can find everything about the printer, from printer parts to troubleshooting. Click the Manual download button below to download a soft copy of the HP LaserJet M209DW manual with a single click.
Wireless Printing on the Go
If you’re here, chances are you’re setting up printers either on a new or existing network.
Connect HP Printer With To An Existing Network
Connect HP LaserJet M209dwe Printer To A New Network
USB Setup in a Snap
Do you want to access your HP LaserJet M209dwe printer faster, easier, more securely, and from a single computer? Then, set it up on your computer using the USB cable. Doing so is that easy. The best part is that you can use the HP Smart app, HP Easy Start (Windows 7 or another compatible Windows OS), and the built-in driver.
If you’re using the latest version of Windows or Mac, we recommend using the built-in driver to perform the HP LaserJet M209dwe USB setup on your computer. This will take only a few seconds to complete.
- First, remove the printer from your computer’s printer list if you have already installed it over an Ethernet or wireless connection.
- Next, connect the HP printer directly to your computer using the USB cable.
- Leave the computer a few seconds to recognize the connected printer.
- Once you find “new device found” or a similar message on your computer screen, you’ve made it.
- The printer has been successfully installed on your computer via USB.
- Open your computer’s Printers and Scanners screen. If you find the printer under the Printers section, you’re all set to go.
- If not, no worries. Click the “Plus” or “Add Printer” button or command on the same screen to manually add your printer to the computer.
See, setting up the HP LaserJet M209dwe printer for USB printing is that simple.
Printing at Your Fingertips with HP Smart App
Tired of the hassle that comes with traditional printing? Do you find yourself constantly tethered to your computer and printer, unable to print from your mobile device? Fear not. Setting up the HP LaserJet M209dw printer for mobile printing is easier than you might think! Follow the simple instructions below to set up this HP+ printer for mobile printing in no time.
- First, install the HP Smart app on your smartphone from the default app store.
- Next, ensure that you have connected the printer and smartphone to the same network.
- Now, open the app. The HP Smart app will automatically search for and detect your printer.
- Once it has been detected, select your printer.
- Follow the instructions on the app screen to set it up for mobile printing.
- If your printer is not detected, relax. You can manually add it by selecting “Add Printer” and following the instructions provided.
- You will need to know your printer’s IP address, Wi-Fi network name and password to do this.
- Once your printer is set up for mobile printing, you can start printing from your mobile device!
- You can print documents, photos, and more instantly and directly from your device and even scan documents using your phone’s camera and send them directly to your printer. (You’ll learn more about it in the following section.)
- Now, to print a document, tap on the Print Documents or Print Photos tab.
- Select the file and tap the “Print” button.
- You can adjust the print settings to fit your needs, such as selecting the number of copies or changing the print quality.
- Once you’ve selected your settings, tap “Print,” and your document will be sent to your printer.
Mobile printing has never been easier with the HP LaserJet M209dwe printer and the HP Smart app. Happy mobile printing!
Enrolling In Instant Ink Made Easy
Enroll in an instant ink subscription plan for your printer if you want to save money on replacement toner and use the toner for a long period of time. The HP LaserJet M209dwe printer is an HP+ printer that comes with a bonus 6-month instant ink subscription. So, enrolling the printer for instant ink is straightforward. Need help doing it? Then, follow the instructions below to make it even faster.
- You have to activate HP+ on your printer to enroll in an instant ink subscription.
- Doing so is straightforward, and you can do it using the HP Smart app.
- Once you install and connect your printer to the HP Smart app, the “Thank you for choosing HP+” screen will open.
- Click Continue on the screen to activate HP+ and enroll in the instant ink subscription for your printer by following the prompts on the screen.
- Once you have enrolled in the instant ink subscription, the HP printer manufacturer will send you an instant toner cartridge for your printer and keep sending the replacement toner cartridge until you cancel or stop the subscription.
Enrolling in the Instant Ink subscription is simple and easy.
A Step-by-step Guide On How To Print
The first thing you must do after completing the HP LaserJet M209dwe setup is print a test page. This will help you know whether you have performed the setup correctly and how well your printer can print. Printing an original with this HP+ printer is no big deal.
- First, open the original (it can be a document, web page, or photo) you want to print.
- Next, edit the original if necessary.
- Now, open the print dialog box by clicking the Print menu item or option or using the keyboard shortcut.
- Ensure that your printer model is selected correctly.
- Now, set the print preferences, such as the number of printouts, print resolution, type, etc., as per your needs.
- Finally, click “Print.” The HP LaserJet printer will start printing your original shortly if you have configured the print settings correctly.
And there you go! Now you have the original in hand for your needs.
Mastering The Art Of Scanning
SDigitalizing a document is one of the most secure and convenient ways to keep an original for future use. Most printers that have come out in recent times support scanning and enable you to save the digital copy of an original as per your needs. Scanning the original with a printer that supports scanning is a breeze. In this section, we are going to see how to use this HP+ printer (HP LaserJet M209dwe) for scanning. So, are you reading? Let’s start!
- If you look at this HP+ printer, there is no in-built scanner or scan button available on its control panel. Now, you might be wondering how to scan an original with this printer.
- You can initiate the scan job from your computer or smartphone with a built-in camera using the HP Smart app. Yes! You read it right.
- If you have a computer or smartphone with a built-in camera and have installed the HP Smart app on it, you can scan an original and save it to the location of your choice. Is everything set? Then, follow the instructions below.
- Open the HP Smart app. Ensure that your printer model is selected correctly.
- Tap or click the Scan or Camera Scan option now.
- Put the original you want to scan in front of the device’s camera or show it to the camera as instructed on the app screen.
- Capture the original. Now, the preview of the original will be displayed on the screen.
- To finish scanning, change the default scan settings and click or tap Scan.
That’s it. Scanning an original with the HP LaserJet M209dwe printer and the HP Smart app is that easy.
Printing Woes? No Worries: Troubleshooting Made Simple
If you’re here, chances are you’ve encountered issues with your printer and are looking for a solution.
Printer Not Printing
Printer Not Scanning
Printer Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
Wrapping Up- Your Journey With Your Printer
As you can see, performing the HP LaserJet M209dwe setup is that easy. If you have some basic knowledge about the printer and a few minutes of your time, you can do it in no time. Did you find the information related to this HP+ printer in this article useful? Then, save it to your bookmarks for future use and share it with the person who is looking for the right guide to set up his/her HP LaserJet M209dwe printer or other printers in the HP LaserJet M200dwe series. Click the toll-free or chat button provided on this page to talk to an expert in real time and get instant support for all your printer-related queries.