- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet P1102w Wireless Setup
HP Laserjet P1102w Wireless Setup
Any wireless-enabled printer can be set up on your computer or smartphone over a wireless network using its control panel or its software. This page explains how to set up the HP LaserJet P1102w printer on a Windows computer over a wireless network using its software file.macOS users can also use this article as a reference for installing their printer on their computer over a wireless network. The overall process is the same even if the OS types are different.
HP Laserjet P1102w Wi-fi Setup – Step-by-step Guide
Before you begin the Wi-Fi setup, check whether your printer, computer, and wireless router are prepared for the same. If not, prepare them and begin the setup. This will assist you in preventing issues while performing the Wi-Fi setup.
Preparing The Devices For Wi-fi Setup
- Complete the printer’s hardware setup if you haven’t done it yet.
- You may have to temporarily use the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer. So, get the USB cable recommended for your printer model.
- Download the latest and also the most compatible HP LaserJet P1102w printer driver for Windows from the printer’s support page.
- Use the wired or wireless connection method to connect your Windows computer to the same network to which you’re about to connect the printer.
- Collect the connected network’s credentials if you have no idea about them.
Setting Up The HP Laserjet P1102w Printer Over A Wireless Network
- Open the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Here, locate and double-click on the downloaded HP LaserJet P1102w printer driver file.
- Click Yes to begin the Wi-Fi setup.
- Choose the Easy Install (recommended) option on the Choose Easy Install or Advanced Install screen.
- Now, the installer file prompts you to choose your printer model. So, pick your printer model on the opened screen
- Select the Configure to print over the Wireless Network option and click Next on the Printer Connections screen.
- Now, the basic printer drivers will start installing on your computer. Once the drivers are installed, a screen prompting you to connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable will open.
- Do as instructed on the screen. Perform the on-screen prompts to set up your printer on the Windows computer over a wireless network.
- Once the HP LaserJet P1102w wireless setup is done, the “Wireless Configuration Successful” screen will open.
- Click the checkbox beside the Print Test Page option if you want to print a document from your computer to the printer over a wireless network.
- Otherwise, click Finish.
This is how you should perform the HP LaserJet P1102w wireless setup.
Need further assistance in performing the same? Then, reach our technical experts by utilizing the call option on this page.