- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Setup
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Setup
For the proper functioning of your printer, you have to complete its initial setup without a glitch. This includes the hardware setup and the software installation. Once these two are completed, you can start operating the printer. So, if you are looking out to set up your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer for the first time, we’ve got your back covered. Just read the instructions on this page to complete your HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Setup successfully.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Unboxing Setup
Unboxing is the very first stage in your printer’s initial setup. To assist you in performing the unboxing process and finishing the hardware setup of your printer, we have provided some simple guidelines in the upcoming sections.
Unpacking The HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Printer
- Open your printer box carefully.
- Remove the Getting Started guide, power cord, and the remaining contents from the box.
- Confirm that all the components have been delivered without any damage.
- Using both your hands, take the printer out of the box.
- Remove the protective tapes and the packing materials from the printer.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne – Connecting the Power Cord
- First, connect the power cord to the rear of your printer.
- Plug the other end into a wall socket.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer.
- Choose the desired language on your printer’s control panel.
- Complete the initial setup by performing the prompts on your printer screen.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne – Toner Installation
- This printer comes with a pre-installed HP black original toner cartridge.
- So, there’s no necessity to install it while setting up your printer for the first time.
- Just make sure that you have not left any packing material in the cartridge area.
- Continue with the setup process by loading paper.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne – Loading The Paper
- Pull out the input paper tray from the printer and move the paper width guide to the outermost position.
- Load a stack of plain white sheets into the input tray and slide the paper width guide to the edge of the stack.
- Do not load the sheets above the load limit mark.
- Reinsert the input paper tray into the printer.
- With this step, the hardware setup is complete.
- Now, you just have to install the software and then connect your printer and computer. You can use either a USB or a wireless connection.
Download the Latest Driver and Manual for HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Manual Download
The printer manual is an essential guide that helps you obtain detailed information and instructions about the setup, connection types, printer operations, troubleshooting, and more. If you want to download your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer manual in an easy way, just click the Manual Download button that is given on this page.
Driver For Windows
The driver permits your HP printer and your computer to communicate with each other. It also helps your printer accept the data sent from the computer and complete the required task. So, to download your printer driver in a pretty easy way, just click the download button given below.
Driver For Mac
To utilize your printer features directly from your Mac computer, you need to download and install the driver. This driver will establish communication between your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer and your Mac computer. To make this process much easier, you can click on the download button given here.
Downloading and Installing the HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Printer Driver
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Driver Installation For Windows
- Using a browser, navigate to your printer’s official support page.
- Choose the Support tab at the window’s top and select the Software and drivers option.
- Click the Printer category. Here, search for your respective printer model name.
- Focus on the driver file below the Driver-Product Installation Software section and click on the Download option.
- Once the driver is downloaded, locate the executable file on your computer and launch it
- In the welcome window, click on the Continue button. Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Setup and installation.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Driver Installation For Mac
- Using a browser, visit your printer’s official support page and go to the Support tab.
- Choose the Software and drivers option. Click on the Printer category.
- Navigate to the respective printer model name.
- Select the driver file under the Driver-Product Installation Software section and click on the Download option.
- After the driver download is over, start the installation by launching the executable file on your computer.
- Now, perform the on-screen prompts and finish the HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne driver installation.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne USB Setup
- To perform the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne USB setup, perform the below instructions.
- Begin the printer driver installation on your computer. Keep following the on-screen instructions.
- Very soon, you will be requested to choose the connection type.
- Since you are performing a USB setup, go ahead and select the option for USB connection.
- As soon as you are prompted, connect the USB cable between your printer and computer.
- Click the Windows icon on your computer’s home screen and navigate to the Settings window.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner option.
- Select your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer from the available list.
- The printer installation window will pop up.
- Now, perform the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Print Setup
- Load the paper into the printer’s input tray.
- Launch the document you wish to print from your computer.
- Click the File tab in the top-left corner of the window.
- Choose the Print option from the drop-down list.
- Make sure to select your printer from the available list of devices.
- Click on the Properties or Preferences button.
- Now, select the Advanced tab and turn on the Minimum margins option under the Printer Features section.
- Click the Printing Shortcuts tab at the top of the Properties dialog box.
- Click on the Paper sizes, Paper type, and Print quality fields one by one. Choose the desired options for your current print job from the respective drop-down menus.
- Click on the Features tab and complete all the settings under the Basic Options section.
- When you’re done with all the settings, just click the OK button.
- Next, click the Print button to start the printing process.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Troubleshooting
When your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer stops working while printing, you need to troubleshoot the issue to get it back to work. The most common printer problems might happen due to connectivity and hardware or software issues. In case you experience any problem with your printer, you can use the relevant troubleshooting method to fix it. Now, perform the below instructions to troubleshoot and fix your printer issues.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Not Printing Issues
If your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer is not printing, you need to fix the issue immediately. By following the below instructions, you can fix this issue.
Check Your Printer Status
- First, make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Next, check your printer’s status. See if it is showing any offline messages.
- If your printer is offline, it will not be able to print. So, navigate to the Devices and Printers section on your computer.
- Right-click on your printer icon and choose See what’s printing.
- In the new window, click the Printer tab.
- Check if the Use printer offline option is selected.
- If yes, deselect it.
- Now, check whether your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer can print.
Restart the Print Spooler
- Start by clicking the Windows icon on your computer.
- Navigate to the Services window.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option in the right menu panel.
- Click on the Stop option from the drop-down list.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes.
- In the same Services window, right-click on the Print Spooler option again.
- This time, select the Start option.
- Check if your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer is printing properly.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Offline
The offline printer error might pop up due to connectivity issues. By following the below instructions, you can fix your printer’s offline error.
Ensure The Connectivity
- First, check whether the power cord is connected properly to the printer’s rear and the other end is plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- If you connect your printer and computer using a USB cable, ensure that the cable is connected correctly. In case of any problem with the USB cable, replace it with a new one.
- If you have connected the devices using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer and your computer are on the same network.
- Now, check whether your printer is back in online mode.
- If the offline issue persists, make sure that the Use printer offline option is disabled on your Windows computer.
- If it does not work, set your printer as default on your computer.
Set Your Printer As the Default Machine
- Go to your computer’s main screen and click the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner.
- Launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, select the Hardware and Sounds option.
- Navigate to the Devices and Printers option.
- In the window that displays, right-click on your printer’s icon and pick Set as default printer.
- Make sure that your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer is back in online mode.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne Paper Jam
If you face a paper jam issue with your HP printer, it will not be able to proceed with any print jobs. To fix the paper jam issue on your printer, just follow the below instructions.
Clear Paper Jam From The Input Tray
- Make sure to turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord from the wall socket.
- Pull out the input paper tray from your printer.
- Remove the sheets from the paper tray.
- Now, check if the paper is jammed inside the tray area.
- If it is, then remove it gently from the input tray area.
- Ensure to remove all the jammed paper from your printer.
- Now, load the sheets into the paper tray.
- Reinsert the input paper tray into your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dne printer and check if the issue is solved.
Clear Paper Jam Inside the Printer
- First, turn off your printer and unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Now, open the front cover of the printer.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the respective slot.
- Check if there is any jammed paper inside the printer.
- If yes, slowly pull out the jammed paper from the toner area.
- Make sure to remove all the jammed paper from the printer.
- Close the front cover.
- Now, turn on your HP Laserjet Pro 4001dne printer and check if it is working properly.