- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Setup
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Setup
Ready to experience effortless and smart printing with HP+? If yes, the new HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe printer with the HP+ smart printing solution is here. It is designed for small business printing needs and comes with cool features like auto duplex printing, LCD display, pre-installed HP Black original LaserJet toner cartridge, etc. You can set up and manage this LaserJet printer remotely using the HP Smart Admin Dashboard. You can also perform the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe setup using the HP Smart app. Continue reading this page to learn more about the setup.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Unboxing Setup
In your printer’s hardware setup, unboxing is the first stage. In the following sections, we have provided the steps to complete your printer setup hassle-free. These steps cover both the hardware and software setup.
- Take the printer out of its box. Remove all the packing materials from your printer.
- The HP black original LaserJet toner cartridge is preinstalled on your printer.
- Keep the printer on a neat and stable surface.
- Turn on your printer. To do so, connect your printer to a working electrical outlet.
- Once the printer is idle, load the recommended type of paper into the tray.
- You can finish your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe setup using either the HP Smart Admin Dashboard or the HP Smart app (as mentioned previously).
- Here, we will see how to use the HP Smart app to complete the setup.
- Install the HP Smart app on your smartphone and open it.
- Click or tap on the Continue button on the Welcome to HP Smart! Screen.
- Complete the rest of the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe setup by following the instructions on the app screen.
Download the Latest Driver and Manual For HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Manual Download
Looking for the soft copy of your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe printer manual? If yes, click on the Download button below. Now, the manual’s soft copy will start downloading in PDF format. Once it is downloaded, you can open and utilize it as per your needs.
123.hp.com/setup 4001dwe Driver for Windows
Download the latest HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe setup driver for Windows in a single click using the Download button below. Now, the latest printer driver will start downloading in the .exe format.
123.hp.com/setup 4001dwe Driver for Mac
Looking for the most compatible and latest HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe setup driver for Mac? If yes, you’re a few steps away from downloading it. Click on the button below to download the most compatible and latest printer driver from this page.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Driver Installation
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Driver Installation For Windows
- Extract and run the downloaded .exe HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe setup file for Windows on your computer.
- Read and accept the installation agreements and settings of the printer manufacturer to continue the driver installation.
- So, when you reach the license agreement screen, click the checkbox beside the I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements and settings option followed by Next.
- Like the HP Smart app, the printer’s installer file also has the capability to detect the printer that is in setup mode and connected to the computer’s network.
- So, select and confirm your printer when the installer file detects and displays it on the screen. Complete the rest of the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe driver installation by following the on-screen instructions.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Driver Installation For Mac
- Open the downloaded HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe printer setup file. Ensure that your printer is ready to use on the Prepare printer for setup screen by clicking the Continue button on it.
- When you reach this screen, check whether your printer model is detected correctly. If yes, click the Continue button on it.
- Otherwise, click on the Information icon to use the other possible method to detect and connect the printer to your computer.
- Choose and install the necessary printer drivers on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, print a test page from your Mac computer to the printer to check whether the printer driver installation is done correctly. You can be sure that the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe driver is installed correctly on your computer if the printer performs the requested job successfully.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Wireless Setup
- Do you want to access your HP LaserJet Pro printer remotely? If yes, set it up on your smartphone or computer over a wireless network.
- You can use the HP Smart app to set up your printer wirelessly if you’re looking to install the printer on a smartphone or the latest Windows/Mac computer.
- Perform the instructions below for the same.
- Open the HP Smart app. Follow the in-app instructions to help the application detect and connect the printer to the same network as your computer or smartphone.
- Once your printer is connected to the wireless network, the ‘Printer connected to Wi-Fi’ screen will open.
- Click Continue on it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the rest of the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe Wi-Fi setup.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Print Setup
123.hp.com/ljpro4001dwe For Windows (Microsoft Word)
- Open the soft copy of the original you want to print on the Microsoft Word application.
- Press the Ctrl and P buttons simultaneously. Now, the Print screen will open.
- Initially, check whether your printer model is selected correctly. If not, select it from the drop-down menu below the Printer section.
- Next, configure the print settings, such as letter, page size, etc., as per your needs.
- Click on the Page Setup command below the Settings section if you want to configure the advanced paper, layout, and margin settings.
- Finally, click Print to print the opened document or page with the configured settings.
123.hp.com/ljpro4001dwe For Mac
- Open the Print dialog box on the document or page screen that you want to print.
- Choose the HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe printer from the Printer drop-down menu if it is not selected.
- Select the number of print copies, two-sided printing, preset settings, etc., as per your needs in the same Print dialog box.
- Finally, click on the Print button.
- Now, the printer will start printing the selected document with the configured settings.
- If the printer doesn’t print or the error dialog box with the ‘printer is offline’ message opens, perform the suggested troubleshooting solutions given on this page.
Solved: HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Troubleshooting
If you’re facing a printer-related problem for the very first time, don’t worry. You can fix it yourself using the suggested troubleshooting solutions. This HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe troubleshooting section will help you resolve the printer not printing, printer offline, and paper jam problems.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Not Printing Issues
Clicked or tapped the Print button, but there is no response from your printer? If yes, try these simple and quick troubleshooting solutions to overcome this print problem.
- Turn on your printer. Initially, check whether your printer is turned on and ready for print operation. If not, turn on the printer and prepare it for the print operation.
- Reconfigure the print settings. If your printer is not selected or the print settings are not configured correctly, there is a chance for these kinds of print problems to occur. So, check and reconfigure the print settings correctly.
- Use the recommended paper type and genuine HP toner cartridge. Using incompatible paper types and non-genuine toner cartridges might also lead to these kinds of print problems. Ensure that you have loaded the recommended paper type into the tray. Also, make sure that the genuine toner cartridge is installed on your printer.
- Clear the error. The printer will stop responding to the printer-related request sent from your smartphone or computer if it is facing a software or hardware issue. Check whether any alert message is displayed on the printer’s LCD screen, the HP Smart Admin Dashboard, or on your computer screen. If yes, clear it, and then perform the print operation.
- Restart the printer. If the printer is not printing due to some hidden bugs, you can resolve it by restarting the machine. After doing that, print a test page to check whether the printer is printing. If not, contact us.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Offline
Are you getting the ‘printer offline’ error message when trying to print a document with your HP LaserJet Pro 4001dwe printer? If yes, you’re not alone. This common printer problem is faced by many HP printer users. Follow the instructions below to clear this error message in no time.
- A simple restart can resolve common printer problems. So, restart your HP LaserJet printer as the first step of troubleshooting the printer offline error.
- Check and resolve the communication issue. This occurs when your printer and computer/smartphone are not connected to the same network. Connect your HP printer and the computer/smartphone to the same network if they are connected to different networks.
- Enable the Use Printer Online option or disable the Use Printer Offline option. Check whether one of these options is enabled or disabled on your printer. If yes, disable or enable the necessary options to bring your printer back online.
- Check whether the HP LaserJet printer is set as the default machine on your computer. If not, set it as the default printer. This will help you avoid these kinds of print problems and help the printer software detect the printer when you open the Print dialog box for printing.
- Re-add the printer. If the printer is not installed properly, there is a chance for these kinds of issues to occur. Remove and re-add the printer to resolve the offline error.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001dwe Paper Jam
- The paper jam problem occurs when you overload the paper into the tray or load an incompatible paper type into the tray. So, when receiving the paper jam message on the screen, check whether the compatible paper type is loaded into the tray.
- If not, remove and load the recommended paper into the tray.
- Also, ensure that only the recommended number of papers is loaded into the tray.
- If you receive the paper jam message even after loading the compatible and recommended number of papers, look for the jammed paper in all possible parts of the printer.
- If you find any during the search, gently remove it using your hands to clear the paper jam error.