- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Install
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Setup
HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne is an All-in-One wireless printer that is well designed and compact. This printer is suitable for home use. You can conveniently connect this printer and print from your computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc. But, before you print from your computer or device, you need to download and install the relevant printer driver that supports your devices. So, are you looking out to set up your printer for the first time? No worries. Just keep performing the steps on this page to finish the HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Setup.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Unboxing Setup
Printer unboxing and hardware setup is an initial process you need to perform before working with your new printer. Once you complete the initial setup, you can start the software installation on your computer. So, as per the instructions given on this page, you can finish your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer’s hardware setup and software installation.
Unpacking The HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Printer
- Open the box and remove the setup guide and power cord from the package.
- Now, remove all the remaining contents from the box.
- Gently pull out the printer from the pack.
- Discard all the packing material and the blue protective tapes from all the sides of the printer.
- Next, remove the packing materials inside the printer.
Connecting the Power Cord on HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne
- First, plug the power cord into the rear of your printer and the other end into a wall socket.
- Hit the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Choose the desired language on your printer’s control panel.
- Now, follow the prompts on your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer screen and complete the initial setup.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Toner Installation
- This printer comes with a pre-installed HP black original toner cartridge.
- So, it is not necessary to install it while setting up your printer for the first time.
- Ensure that there is no packing material attached to the toner cartridge.
- Next, close the toner cartridge door and proceed to the paper loading section.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Loading The Paper
- First, pull the input paper tray completely out of the printer and slide the paper width guide to the extreme position.
- Load a stack of plain white sheets into the input tray.
- Move the paper width guide such that it touches the edges of the stack.
- Reinsert the input paper tray into the printer.
- Now, you can start the software setup.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Software Installation
- You can utilize the software installation CD that is provided with your printer package to install the printer software.
- Suppose you do not possess this CD, just download the driver file from your printer’s official support page.
- Then, install the software just as you do with any other app.
Download the Latest Driver and Manual For HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Manual Download
If you wish to get detailed information and instructions about your printer setup, connection types, printer operations, troubleshooting, and more, make use of the printer manual. So, to make this process easy, we have provided the Manual Download button on this page. Just click it to start downloading your printer manual.
123.hp.com/ljpro4001ne Driver For Windows
If you want to utilize all your printer features directly from your Windows computer, you need to download and install the driver that supports your devices. Once you have installed the driver, you can start the printing or scanning process right from your Windows computer. To download your printer driver, make use of the Driver Download button that is given below.
123.hp.com/ljpro4001ne Driver For Mac
To use your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer functionalities properly, use the driver that supports your devices. This driver will establish communication between your printer and your Mac computer. To make this process much easier, you can click on the download button given here.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Driver Download and Install
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Driver Installation For Windows
- First, open the default browser on your computer and navigate to your printer’s official support page.
- Now, pick the Support tab at the top of the window and select Software and drivers from the list.
- Go to the Printer category and look for your respective printer model name.
- Choose the driver file below the Driver-Product Installation Software section and click on the Download option.
- Ensure that you choose the OS as Windows before downloading the driver.
- Once the driver is downloaded, launch the executable file to start the installation process.
- In the welcome window, click on the Continue button.
- Now, perform the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Driver Installation For Mac
- Go to the main screen of your Mac computer and launch the default browser.
- Here, visit the printer’s official support page.
- Now, click the Support tab at the top of the window and choose the Software and drivers option.
- Navigate to the Printer category and search for your respective printer model name.
- Under the Driver-Product Installation Software section, select the driver file and click on the Download option.
- Confirm that this driver file is selected according to your Mac OS and its version.
- After completing the driver download, launch the executable file.
- In the welcome window, click on the Continue button.
- Now, perform the on-screen instructions to complete the installation on your Mac.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne USB Setup
- Begin the driver installation on your computer and perform the on-screen prompts to proceed.
- Once prompted, you need to select the connection method.
- So, to go with the USB setup, pick the appropriate option for the USB connection.
- When you are prompted, connect the USB cable between your printer and computer.
- Click on the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer’s main screen and navigate to Control Panel.
- Here, choose Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Next, click the Add a printer option.
- Select your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer from the available list and click the Next button.
- Now, perform the on-screen prompts and complete the HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne USB setup.
HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Print Setup
- First, make sure to load the plain white sheets into the input tray.
- Open the document on your computer and select the Print option.
- Make sure to choose your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer from the devices’ list.
- Now, open the Properties dialog box.
- Here, select the Layout tab and choose the Orientation option you want to use from the drop-down list.
- Click the Pages per Sheet drop-down list and choose the option you wish to use.
- Next, select the Paper/Quality tab and set the media type, print quality, and color settings.
- Click on the Advanced button and set the paper size setting.
- Close the Properties dialog box by selecting OK at the bottom of the window.
- Next, click the Print or OK button to start the printing process.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Troubleshooting
At times, you might face some issue with your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer due to connectivity and hardware or software issues. Troubleshooting is the simplest and best way to get your printer back to work. It helps clear most of the bugs in the machine. Once your printer issues are solved, you can proceed with the printing or scanning jobs. So, if you are looking out to solve any problems with your printer, perform the appropriate troubleshooting method.
Solved: HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Not Printing
If your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer is not printing, you need to check the connectivity or try to restart the Print Spooler service on your computer. By following the below instructions, you can fix this issue.
Check the Print Spooler Service
- Select the Start menu from the computer’s main screen.
- In the search bar, type View local services.
- Select the View local services option below the Control Panel category from the search results.
- Navigate to the Print Spooler option and check whether the print spooler status is in Start.
- If the print spooler has not started, right-click on the Print Spooler menu and choose the Properties option
- Click the General tab and choose the Startup type field in the Print Spooler Properties dialog box.
- Select the Automatic option from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the Apply button and select the Start button below the Service status section.
- Select the OK button and then restart your computer.
- Now, check whether the HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer is printing properly.
- If the issue continues, follow the next method given below.
Check the Connectivity
- Make sure that the power cord’s connected to the rear of your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Power on your printer in case it is turned off.
- If you have connected the printer and computer by USB cable, check whether the cable is connected correctly or if there is a problem with the USB cable, then replace it.
- If you use a Wi-Fi network, ensure that the printer and your computer are connected to the same network.
- In case you have connected the printer using an Ethernet connection, check if the cable is properly connected between your machine and network device.
- Now, check if the HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer is printing.
- By now, the “not printing” issue should be resolved.
Solved: HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Offline
If your printer shows an offline message, it will stop all its functionalities and cannot communicate with your computer. By following the below instructions, you can troubleshoot the offline printer issue.
Check The Printer Status
- Go to the Windows menu on your computer’s main screen.
- Navigate to the Control Panel window using the search box.
- Now, choose the Hardware and Sounds option from the list.
- Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option from the drop-down list.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- Otherwise, uncheck the Pause Printing option if it is selected.
- Next, check whether the printer is back in its online mode.
- If the issue continues, set your printer as the default one on your computer by following the below instructions.
Set Your Printer As The Default
- Click the Start button on your computer’s main screen and navigate to the Control Panel window using the search box.
- Now, select the Hardware and Sounds option.
- Go ahead and pick the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, right-click on your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer’s icon.
- Pick the Set as default printer option from the menu.
- Check if the issue is solved.
Solved: HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Paper Jam
You cannot proceed with any print jobs when the paper gets stuck inside your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer. A paper jam can occur in many places on your printer. To fix this issue, follow the below instructions.
Clearing Paper Jam From The Input Tray
- First, you need to turn off your printer and disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Pull out the input paper tray from your printer.
- Remove all the plain white sheets from the tray.
- Check if any paper is jammed inside the tray area.
- If it is, then remove it gently using both your hands.
- Now, load the sheets into the paper tray.
- Insert the input paper tray into your HP LaserJet Pro 4001ne printer and check if the issue is solved.
Clearing Paper Jam Inside The Printer
- Switch off your printer in case it is turned on.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Now, open the front cover of the printer.
- After taking out the toner cartridge, see if there is any jammed paper inside the printer.
- Just pull out the jammed paper from the toner area.
- Ensure that you do not tear the paper while removing it.
- Close the front cover.
- Now, turn on your printer and check if the HP Laserjet Pro 4001ne Setup issue is solved.