- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Setup
123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Setup
In order to utilize your printer features without any trouble, you need to finish its initial setup properly. Your printer’s hardware setup should be performed before you start to work with it. To help you with your 123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Setup, we have come up with this simple and quick guide. So, start reading and execute the instructions given here
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Unboxing Setup
To begin with the initial setup, you can start with the unboxing process of your printer. So, if you have recently purchased the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer, no worries. Follow the steps in the upcoming sections and get your printer ready for printing!
- Start by unpacking your printer package. Next, remove all the contents from inside the box.
- Pull the printer out of the pack very carefully and discard the packing materials from it.
- Now, you can remove the protective tapes around the printer.
- Connect the power cord to the rear section of your printer.
- Plug the other end into a wall socket. Hit the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Choose your language on your printer’s control panel and complete the initial setup by performing the on-screen prompts.
- This printer comes with a preinstalled HP black toner cartridge. Therefore, you don’t need to install it while setting up your printer for the first time.
- Now, pull out the input paper tray from the printer and slide the paper width guide to the outermost position.
- Load the sheets into the input tray and move the paper width guide to the edge of the stack. Ensure not to load the sheets above the maximum limit mark.
- Reinsert the input tray into the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer.
- Now, you just have to finish the software installation.
Download the Latest Driver And Manual For HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne
HP Laserjet Pro 4101fdne Manual Download
The printer manual is a necessary guide that provides detailed information and instructions about the setup, connection types, printer operations, troubleshooting, and more. If you want to download your printer manual in an easy way, just click the Manual Download button that is given on this page.
123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Driver For Windows
The driver will allow your printer and Windows computer to communicate. It also helps your printer accept the data sent from the computer. So, to download your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer driver within a few seconds, just click the Driver Download button given below.
123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Driver For Mac
If you plan to use your printer features directly from your Mac, you should download and install the driver. To assist you in performing the download easily, we have provided the Driver Download button on this page. Just click it to start downloading the driver.
Downloading And Installing The Printer Driver
HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne Driver Installation For Windows
- After downloading the driver (HP Smart app), launch it on your computer.
- In the welcome window, click on the Get Started button at the bottom.
- Accept the default Data Collection Settings and the HP Privacy Statement and click the Continue button at the bottom-right side of the screen.
- The Choose a printer pop-up window will display the recently installed printer on the screen.
- Pick your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer to add it to the HP Smart app.
- Next, connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable or a Wi-Fi network.
- If you are connecting using a wireless network, make sure that your printer and computer are on the same network.
- On the HP Smart setup screen, click the Plus sign ( + ) below the Add a printer option.
- Now, the HP Smart app will start to detect your printer that is connected to the same network.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the printer setup on your Windows computer.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Driver Installation For Mac
- Once you have successfully downloaded your printer driver, launch it on your Mac computer and start the installation process.
- In the next window, click Continue to start the driver installation.
- Click the Next button in the Software Selections window.
- Now, accept the Installation Agreements and Settings, and then click on the Next button to proceed.
- Wait for some time to install the printer’s software on your computer.
- In the Connection Options window, choose the Manual Setup option to connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer and computer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now, select the way you want to connect your devices and click Next.
- If you are using a wireless connection, make sure to connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Now, perform the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process on your Mac.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne USB Setup
With the USB connection method, you can easily connect your printer to your computer and complete the installation. To execute your printer’s USB setup, you need to perform the below instructions carefully.
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- Now, start the driver installation on your computer to perform the USB setup.
- When you are asked to select the connection method, choose the respective option for the USB connection.
- Once you are prompted, connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Now, click on the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer’s main screen.
- Type Control Panel into the search bar at the bottom of the window.
- Select the Control Panel option from the search result.
- Here, choose Hardware and Sound.
- Select Devices and Printers from the list.
- Go ahead and click on the Add a printer option.
- Choose your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer from the available list and click the Next button.
- Execute the rest of the on-screen prompts to finish the printer’s USB setup.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Print Setup
- As the first step, load the paper into the input tray of your printer.
- Launch the document on your computer and select the File tab from the top-left corner of the window.
- Click on the Print option from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on the button named Properties or Preferences.
- Here, select the Advanced tab and turn on the Minimum margins option under the Printer Features section.
- Click the Printing Shortcuts tab at the top of the Properties dialog box.
- Here, click on the Paper sizes field and choose the respective size of the paper you are using for your print job.
- Select the Paper type field and choose the respective option from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Features tab to continue with the Print setup.
- Under the Basic Options section, configure the settings based on your preferences.
- Once you are done with all the settings, click the OK button to close the Properties dialog box.
- As the final step, click the Print button to start the printing process.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Scan Setup
Enabling 123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Scan To Computer
- Initially, confirm that you have completely installed the printer and scanner software on your computer.
- Ensure to turn on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer and connect it to your computer.
- It is time to open the HP printer software on your computer.
- Choose the Print, Scan & Fax option at the top. Click on the Scan option.
- Go ahead and pick the Manage Scan to Computer option.
- Just click the Enable button.
- Now, you can begin the scanning process from your computer.
123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Scanning A Photo/document
- Turn on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer, in case it is turned off.
- Raise the scanner lid and load the original with the scan side facing down on the scanner glass.
- You can now close the scanner lid.
- Go to your computer and open the HP printer software.
- Click on the Scan option under the Print & Scan section, and click the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Go to the Scan Shortcuts section and then pick the type of scan you want to use. Follow this action by clicking on the More link at the top-right corner of the window.
- Now, you will see the detailed scan settings in the right menu panel of the screen.
- You can change the settings if required.
- When you’ve completed configuring the settings, click the Scan button at the bottom of the window.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Copy Setup
- Make sure to insert a stack of plain white sheets into the paper tray.
- Next, lift the scanner lid and load the document with the copy side facing down on the scanner glass.
- Tap on the Copy option on your printer’s home screen.
- Go ahead and select the type of scan you want.
- Touch the Settings icon and specify the paper size, quality, and other settings on the printer screen.
- Next, input the number of copies and tap the Copy button.
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer will start copying the document in two seconds.
Solved: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Troubleshooting
Are you facing some issues with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer? Fret not!
We are here to assist you in getting rid of your printer woes. Keep reading the tips and techniques given in the following sections to escape from your printer problems and eliminate those issues for good!
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Not Printing
Sometimes, your printer will stop printing due to improper connectivity or printer spooler issues. To fix this problem, just follow the steps given here.
- First, check whether the power cord is connected properly to the printer’s rear and the other end is plugged into the electrical socket.
- Make sure to turn on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer.
- If the devices (printer and computer) are connected using a USB cable, make sure that the cable is securely and firmly connected at both end ports.
- If you have connected your devices using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and your computer are on the same network. If not, disconnect and reconnect the devices to a single network.
- Now, check whether your printer is printing properly.
- If the issue continues, restart the print spooler on your computer.
- In case the problem persists even after restarting the print spooler, consider uninstalling and reinstalling your printer driver.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Offline
If you encounter an offline issue with your printer, then it might not be able to communicate with your computer. In that case, you cannot proceed with the print jobs. To fix this issue, perform the below instructions.
- On your computer, select the Start menu.
- Access the Control Panel window.
- Now, select the Hardware and Sounds option from the Control Panel window.
- Choose the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- Right-click on your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdne printer’s icon and choose See what’s printing.
- Click on the Printer tab at the top of the window.
- Deselect the Use Printer Offline option. Otherwise, deselect the Pause Printing option.
- Next, check whether the printer is back in online mode.
- If the issue continues, set your printer as default.
- Start by clicking the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer.
- Launch the Control Panel window. Select the Devices and Printers option.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon and click on the Set as default printer option.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdne Paper Jam
Paper jams can be extremely annoying. But we have got your back covered! So carry out the instructions given below to rectify the paper jam problem with your printer. We have also provided some tips to avoid paper jamming in the future
- If the paper is jammed in the input tray, turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord from the electrical socket.
- Pull out the input paper tray from your printer and take the sheets out.
- Now, check if the paper is jammed inside the tray area.
- If yes, remove it from the input tray area.
- Ensure to remove all the jammed paper from your printer.
- You can now load the sheets into the paper tray.
- Reinsert the input paper tray into your printer and check if the issue is solved.
- In order to prevent paper jams in the future, follow these guidelines.
- Refrain from loading curled, torn, or damp paper.
- Do not load paper above the maximum load limit mark.
- Avoid moving the paper guides too tightly against the loaded paper.
- Last but not least, load only the type of paper that’s recommended by your printer manufacturer.
- The above measures can prevent paper jamming considerably.