- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Printer Setup
123 HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Setup
An incomplete printer setup may lead to many problems. So, before performing the printer-related functions, unbox and set up your printer properly if you haven’t done them yet. Anyone with the basic knowledge and skills in using electronic gadgets can do this in a few minutes. However, reading the setup instructions once before beginning your printer setup will help you in preventing many hardware and software issues in the future. This 123 HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe setup page shows you how to set up the printer right from unboxing to the software installation.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Unboxing Setup
Carry out the easy and simple step-by-step instructions below to perform the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe unboxing setup in no time.
Unboxing The Printer
- Begin with unpacking the printer. Open the product box. Inside the box, you can find the printer and its components.
- Remove the printer from the Styrofoam pieces, plastic cover, and other packing materials and place it on a stable and neat surface.
- The HP toner cartridge is pre-installed on your printer.
- Pull out the input tray from your printer. The HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe printer supports the media types, such as plain, light paper, heavy paper, bond paper, colored paper, letterhead paper, envelopes, and labels.
- Choose one from the recommended media types and load it into the tray.
Turning On The HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Printer
- Get the power cord that was delivered along with your printer and use the same to connect the machine to the electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on your printer.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cable to the printer’s Ethernet port if you wish to use the Wired (Ethernet) connection type to connect the machine to the network. Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the rest of the HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Setup.
- If you wish to use the Wireless or USB connection type, skip the above steps.
- Configure the basic settings by following the on-screen instructions.
Completing the HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Setup
- Once you have configured the initial printer settings, the ‘Select the Connection Method’ screen will open.
- We have selected the Wireless option here. Now, the printer will detect the networks that are available within its range and display their SSIDs on the screen.
- Select and connect the printer to your network. The printer screen displays the ‘Let’s activate your HP+ Smart printer’ message once it is connected to the wireless network. Tap Continue on it.
- Now, the pairing code will display on your printer screen. Take a picture of it or note it down. The pairing code is valid for 2 hours.
- Go to the HP Smart Admin Dashboard from your computer browser. Click Continue.
- Reach the ‘How do you want to set up this printer?’ screen by following the on-screen instructions.
- Choose the account type and click Continue. Enter your printer’s pairing code when prompted and click Continue.
- Complete the rest of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe setup by following the on-screen instructions.
Download the Latest HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Printer Driver and Manual
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Manual Download
The printer’s user guide contains almost all the information, from an overview of the printer parts to troubleshooting. Download the latest HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe manual from this page by clicking the download button below.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Driver Download For Windows
Always install the most compatible and latest printer driver on your computer. This will not only help you avoid incompatibility issues but also enables you to utilize the latest printer features. Do you want to download the most compatible and latest HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe printer driver for Windows in a single click? If yes, click on the driver download button below.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Driver Download For Mac
Downloading the most compatible printer driver for an OS type is not easy because the driver availability varies based on each OS type. So, we have made the driver download process easier to save our users valuable time in downloading the latest printer driver for their OS types.
Just click on the driver download button below.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Driver Installation
Perform the simple step-by-step instructions below to install the latest and most compatible printer driver for Windows or Mac in no time.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Driver Installation For Windows
- Extract and run the downloaded printer driver file on your computer.
- Ensure that your HP printer is turned on. Read and accept the license agreement of the printer when prompted.
- As soon as you accept the license agreements, the basic printer drivers will start installing on your computer. Once the drivers are installed, the screen prompting you to choose the connection type will open.
- Pick the connection type to connect your printer to the computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect and set up your HP printer on the computer by following the on-screen prompts.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Driver Installation For Mac
- Before you begin the printer driver installation, turn on your printer if it is turned off.
- Also, ensure that your printer is in setup mode. Now, run the setup file on your Mac computer. Accept the license agreement on the Welcome screen of the installation.
- Now, the installer file will detect your printer and display its name on the Connect screen. Select your printer and click Continue.
- Choose the printer drivers that you want to install. Type your Mac computer’s password if prompted to install the selected drivers.
- You can complete the rest of the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Wireless Setup
You can set up your printer over a wireless network during the first time setup and later from the printer’s control panel. If you’re performing the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe setup for the very first time, the ‘Select the Connection Method’ screen will open once you complete the printer’s hardware setup. Choose Wireless on it and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your printer over a wireless network.
Wi-fi Setup From The HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Printer’s Control Panel
- Switch on your HP printer, wireless router (that you’re using for the setup), and the computer.
- Now, open the Dashboard on your printer. Tap on the Wi-Fi icon. Now, the screen displaying your printer’s Wi-Fi network status will open.
- Tap on the Setup option followed by Wireless Settings. Ensure that the Wi-Fi feature is enabled on the opened screen.
- Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option on the opened screen to manually connect your printer to the wireless network.
- After doing that, connect your smartphone or computer to the same network over a wireless or wired connection and use the HP Easy Start software or the HP Smart app to complete the rest of the HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe Wi-Fi setup.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Scan Setup
This HP+ printer supports a wide range of scan features. We have covered an overview of the same in this section.
Scan Using The HP Scan Software
- If you want to scan and save the original from/to the computer, use this method.
- The HP Scan software is installed along with the printer’s full feature software. So, you don’t need to install it separately. Open the software and initiate the scan operation.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Scan to Share Point
- Initially, connect your printer to the network if it is not connected.
- Next, visit the printer’s EWS page and configure the scan to SharePoint settings on it.
- After doing that, initiate the scan operation from your printer’s control panel and save the copy of the scanned original to the SharePoint folder.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Scan to Email
- Configure the scan to email settings on your printer using the Scan to Email Wizard or the printer’s EWS page.
- Place the original on the scanner glass and tap Scan on the printer’s control panel.
- Choose Email as the destination location. Scan and send the original to the email by following the on-screen instructions.
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Scan to USB
- Connect the USB device (on which you wish to save the scanned copy of the original) to the printer’s USB port.
- Initiate the scan operation. Choose USB as the destination location.
- Configure the other scan settings as per your needs and tap Start Scan or Scan.
Solved: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Troubleshooting
Is your HP LaserJet Pro MFP 4101fdwe printer not printing? Or, is the ‘Printer is offline’ message getting displayed on the screen when you’re trying to print a document from your computer? Are you seeing the Paper Jam message on your printer screen? If yes, don’t worry. These are some common problems that every printer user faces.
This troubleshooting section will help you get rid of these common printer problems easily and quickly.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Not Printing Issues
- First, make sure that your HP LaserJet printer is turned on and ready for print operation.
- Next, check if the input tray of your printer has enough paper to print the selected document. If not, load the tray and then initiate the print operation. Also, ensure that the toner cartridge is seated properly on your printer.
- Check whether any error message is displayed on the printer screen. If yes, clear it and then perform the print operation.
- Check if your printer model is selected correctly in the Print dialog box. If not, select it. Also, check whether the other print settings, paper type, number of printouts, etc., are configured correctly. If not, configure them correctly, and then click Print.
- Reinstall or update the printer driver and firmware if necessary.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Offline
- Initially, check whether your printer is powered on. If not, press the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Next, check to ensure that your HP LaserJet printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- If the devices (printer and computer) are connected to different networks, the printer will not be able to receive the printer-related request sent from your computer.
- The HP printer manufacturer also provides some diagnostic tools to detect and resolve these kinds of problems.
- If you’re using the Windows OS-based computer, use the HP Diagnostic tool designed for Windows (HP Print and Scan Doctor) to detect the cause of the printer offline problem and resolve it.
- Check and set your printer as the default machine. This will help the applications automatically detect your printer when you click the Print menu or button on it.
- Check your HP+ printer status on the computer. If the status is displayed as offline, it means the Use Printer Offline option is enabled, or the Use Printer Online option is disabled. Disable or enable the necessary option to bring your printer back online.
Fix: HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe Paper Jam
- Initially, remove all the paper left in the input tray of your printer.
- Now, look for the jammed paper in all possible parts.
- In most cases, a paper jam occurs in the input tray, output tray, and toner cartridge area. So, initially, look for the jammed paper in these parts. If you find any, remove them carefully.
- After removing the jammed paper, load the input tray with the recommended paper type.
- Don’t overload the input tray. Print a test page or document from your computer to check whether the HP Laserjet Pro Mfp 4101fdwe paper jam problem is resolved. You can be sure that the paper jam problem is solved if the printer prints the test page successfully.
- If not, look for the jammed paper in the other parts of your printer and remove it.