- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro Mfp M28w Factory Reset
HP Laserjet Pro Mfp M28w Factory Reset
With technological advancement, printers play an essential role in our day-to-day life. When a printer starts to show signs of trouble, it needs to be reset. It will refresh your printer and give it a fresh start.Resetting your printer can be the last resort when it comes to troubleshooting. When you factory reset your printer, its settings will be restored to factory defaults. In this article, you will learn how to factory reset your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M28w printer.
How To Factory Reset Your HP M28w Printer From The Embedded Web Server (ews)
- First, open the EWS page of your HP printer.
- If you’re unsure how to reach the EWS page, proceed with the next section.
- On the EWS page, click the System tab and select the Service option.
- In the Restore Defaults section, click the Restore Defaults button.
- Now, your printer will be automatically reset to factory default settings.
How to Open The Ews Page Of Your HP LJPro M28w Printer
You need to enter your printer’s IP address to open its EWS page. You can find out the IP address by printing a network configuration page. The oncoming instructions will show you how to find out your printer’s IP address and reach the EWS page.
- Press and hold the Start Copy button on your HP printer control panel until the Ready light starts blinking.
- Then, release the Start Copy button.
- Now, your printer will start printing the network configuration page.
- Have a look at this page and pen down the IP address of your printer.
- Open the default web browser on your computer and type the IP address in the URL field.
- Now, the EWS page of your printer will open.
How to Power Reset Your HP LJPro M28w Printer
In case you want to power reset your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M28w printer, follow the steps below.
- With your printer turned on, remove the power cord from its rear port.
- Remove the power cord from the power source.
- After a few seconds, reconnect the power cord to the appropriate ports and turn on your printer.
This is how you should factory reset your HP Laserjet Pro MFP M28w printer. If you still have questions and need clarifications, get in touch with our technical experts by making use of the call option.