- 123.hp.com »
- HP Laserjet Pro MFP M428fdw Wireless Setup
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M428fdw Wireless Setup
Are you tired of dealing with cords and tangled wires when it comes to printing? Do you want the convenience and security of accessing your printer from anywhere within your network range? Well, we have the solution for you! Setting up your printer on a computer or smartphone over a wireless connection is the best choice for a hassle-free printing experience. And the best part? It’s incredibly easy to do with this printer! Ready to learn more? Keep reading to discover how to set up your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer for wireless communication.
To An Existing Network
Welcome to the world of wireless printing! Connecting your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer to a wireless network is a breeze, and we’re here to help you get started. This section will guide you through connecting the printer to an existing wireless network.
- Before we begin, make sure that your printer is Wi-Fi enabled and that you have your wireless network credentials at hand.
- Also, ensure that your printer is not connected to your computer via USB or Ethernet cable.
- Download the most compatible and latest HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw setup driver for Windows or Mac. Need help? We’ve got you covered. Refer to this article for a hassle-free, single-click download.
- Once you’ve downloaded the printer driver, it’s time to install it.
- Open the setup driver file and install the basic printer drivers.
- Then, select Wireless on the Connection Options screen and click Next.
- The Network Check screen will open, and the driver file will search for the HP printer that is placed closest to your computer and connected to the network.
- Once the search completes, the names of the printers found on the network will be displayed under the ‘Select a device to install:’ section.
- If you see your printer listed, you’re good to go!
- Select it and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to your existing network.
- If your printer is not listed, click on the Help button on the same screen to locate your printer and install it on your computer over a wireless network.
That’s it! You’ve successfully connected your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer to your wireless network. Happy wireless printing!
To A New Network
Have you bought a new wireless network for your home or office and are looking to connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer to it? Then, you are in the right section. Using its control panel, you can quickly connect this Wi-Fi-enabled printer to a new Wi-Fi network. Do you want to, and how? Here we go:
- Open the printer’s Dashboard by swiping the tab at the top of the screen downward.
- Look for the Wi-Fi icon in the Dashboard and tap on it.
- Select the Setup option, then Wireless Settings.
- You’ll now see the Wireless Settings menu screen. Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Your printer will search for available wireless networks and try to connect to your new network.
- If prompted, enter the network password, and you’re done!
Your printer is now connected to your new wireless network. You can use the recommended printer software or the awesome app ‘HP Smart’ to set up the printer on your computer or smartphone over a wireless network. Printing wirelessly has never been easier.
The Final Remark
Connecting a printer to a wireless network is a piece of cake, especially if the printer is a Wi-Fi-enabled one. By reading this article, we hope you have learned how to connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer to an existing or new wireless network. Are you new to the Wi-Fi setup? Then, getting real-time assistance from an expert will be beneficial. Our technical expert is one click away from you. Contact us for further assistance.