- 123.hp.com »
- HP Officejet Pro 6830 Black Ink Issues
Fix: HP Officejet Pro 6830 Black Ink Wont Print Issues
In some scenarios, your printer will not print in black ink due to connectivity problems, incorrect print settings, cartridge issues, etc. So, if you encounter this issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 printer, you need to troubleshoot and fix it. Troubleshooting helps in clearing most of the bugs on your printer. By following the below instructions, you can solve this HP Officejet Pro 6830 Black Ink Wont Print issue. So, let’s get started right away!
Check The Connectivity – HP OJPro 6830
- Make sure to connect the power cord to your printer’s rear and plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Ensure to turn on the printer.
- If you are connecting the HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 printer and the computer by a USB cable, check whether the cable is connected correctly. In case of any problem with the USB cable, go ahead and replace it.
- If you are using a Wi-Fi network, check whether the printer and your computer are on the same network.
- Now, check whether the issue is solved.
- If the problem continues, follow the below instructions.
123.hp.com/ojpro6830 – Check The Print Settings
- Make sure to turn on your HP printer.
- Check if the printer driver is installed completely on your device.
- Ensure to connect your printer to your computer.
- Launch the document you want to print from your computer and select the Print option.
- Pick your printer from the Name drop-down list.
- Click on the Properties or Preferences button.
- Here, select the Layout tab and choose the Orientation option you want to use from the drop-down list.
- Next, select the Paper/Quality tab at the top of the window.
- Click on the “Size is” drop-down list below the Paper Options section.
- Choose the correct paper size you are using to print from your HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 printer.
- Select the “Type is” drop-down list and choose the paper type you wish to use.
- If required, alter the settings so that you can fix your printer’s black ink printing issue.
- When you are done with all the settings, click the OK button.
- Next, click on the Print or OK button to begin the printing process.
- Check whether the printer is printing properly in black ink.
- If the problem persists, perform the below steps.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 – Replace The Ink Cartridges
Prior to replacing the ink cartridges, check the estimated ink levels on your printer. To do so, just perform the below instructions carefully.
Checking The Estimated Ink Levels
If you are using any incompatible ink cartridges on your printer, you need to replace them. Otherwise, check the estimated ink levels on your printer before replacing the incompatible ink cartridges.
- First, go to your printer’s control panel and tap the Ink icon from the home screen.
- Now, the estimated ink levels of the cartridges will display on the printer’s screen.
- If the black ink cartridge is running low on ink, you have to replace it.
- Follow the below instructions to replace the ink cartridges on your printer.
Installing The New HP Officejet Pro 6830 Ink Cartridge
- Make sure to turn on your printer.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Remove the empty cartridge from the respective slot.
- Unwrap the new cartridge from the package.
- Discard the protective tapes from the cartridge.
- Now, insert the new ink cartridge into the respective slot.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- It is now time to align the ink cartridge.
- Execute the on-screen instructions on your printer to complete the cartridge alignment.
- Finally, check if the issue is solved.
With the above instructions, you can fix the “printer won’t print in black” issue.
You can make use of the Call button to contact our technical experts to get more clarifications about your printer.