- 123.hp.com »
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer Will Not Scan To Network Folder
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer Will Not Scan To Network Folder
Sometimes, you cannot perform the “scan to network folder” process with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer. This issue will probably occur due to connectivity or driver problem. If you are looking out to fix this issue with your printer, you can use the basic troubleshooting process given on this page.
Ensure To Set Up The Network Folder Correctly
- First, check if your computer is turned on and connected to the network. If not, switch on the computer and connect it to your network.
- Confirm that your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus printer is also connected to the same network.
- Make sure that the folder is created on the server.
- Ensure that the folder has been shared and the user can both read and write to it.
- Suppose you are using a Mac computer, make sure to enable SMB sharing.
- Ensure that the folder name is entered in the correct format of the HP software.
- Now, check whether you can perform the scan to network folder process with your printer.
- If the problem continues, restart the printer by performing the below instructions.
Restart Your Printer
- Ensure to turn on your printer and unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
- Disconnect the wireless router and wait for some time.
- Now, restart your computer and wait until it turns on.
- Connect the necessary cables to your router and turn it on.
- Next, plug the power cord into the rear of your printer and the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer.
- Now, connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Launch the HP software on your computer and check whether the issue is solved.
- If the problem persists, perform the below steps.
Uninstall And Reinstall The Driver
- Go to the Windows menu on your computer’s main screen.
- Now, search for the Control Panel window using the search box.
- In the window, you have to select the Programs option.
- Click on the Programs & Features option.
- Navigate to your printer driver and right-click on it.
- Click the Uninstall option from the pop-up list.
- Click Uninstall again in the confirmation dialog box.
- Once you have completely removed the driver, reinstall it on your computer.
- Start installing your printer driver on your computer using the installation CD.
- If you don’t have the driver CD, open a browser on your computer and go to your printer’s official support page.
- Navigate to your printer model name – HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 and download the driver that supports your devices.
- After completing the download, launch the driver file and finish off the installation.
- Now, make sure that the issue is solved.
You can fix the “scan to network folder” issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus printer by following the above instructions.
In case you have any other issues with your printer, contact our technical experts. For this purpose, you can utilize the Call button on this page.