- 123.hp.com »
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Wont Recognize Issues
Solved: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Won’t Recognize New Ink Cartridges
If your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer won’t recognize new ink cartridges, the problem might be with the cartridges or the printer. You can make your printer recognize the cartridges with simple troubleshooting solutions. Try the following methods one by one and ensure that your problem is resolved.
Reinstall The Cartridges – HP OJP8600
- If you don’t install the cartridges correctly, your printer cannot recognize them. However, the problem can be resolved by reinstalling the cartridges.
- With your printer turned on, open the ink cartridge access door.
- Now, press the front of the cartridge to release it. Then, remove it from the slot. Repeat the procedure for removing all the ink cartridges.
- Reinstall the cartridges on their holders and check if your problem is resolved.
- If the reinstallation doesn’t resolve your trouble, replace the cartridges with new ones.
- To do this, remove the cartridges from their holders, as discussed earlier.
- Remove the new ink cartridges from their packaging.
- Using the color-coded letters, slide the new cartridges into the empty slots until they are securely installed.
- Now, ensure that your HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer recognizes the cartridges.
HP OJP8600 – Use Genuine Cartridges
- If you use third-party cartridges, your printer won’t recognize them.
- In that case, replacing them with genuine HP cartridges can help you resolve the trouble.
- Therefore, remove all the cartridges from the printer and replace them with genuine HP cartridges.
- Now, see if your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer can recognize the cartridges.
Restart Your HP 8600 Printer
Sometimes, the real issue exists with the printer and not the cartridges. Follow the steps below to restart the printer.
- With your printer turned on, remove the power cord from its rear port.
- Now, remove the power cord from the power source.
- After a few seconds, reconnect the power cord to the appropriate ports and turn on your printer.
- Now, see if your printer can recognize the ink cartridges.
We hope these troubleshooting solutions have helped you resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8600 won’t recognize new ink cartridges problem. If your issue is still not fixed, get in touch with our technical experts using the Call button we have included on this page.