- 123.hp.com »
- HP Officejet Pro 8710 Not Recognizing Issue
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Not Recognizing Ink Cartridges-Firmware Issue
This article will take you through some possible workarounds that help you fix the ink cartridges not recognized and firmware issues on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Not Recognizing Ink Cartridges- Fixed
You can find your printer’s IP address on the network configuration page. Depending on your printer model, the steps to print the network configuration page may vary. This section will give you a common procedure. However, the steps to find the address through your computer are just the same for every printer.
First Things First
- Make sure that you have installed genuine HP ink cartridges on your printer.
- Next, check if the ink cartridges are installed in their slots correctly because misplaced cartridges could also lead to these kinds of issues. Reinstall the cartridges if they are installed on the wrong slots.
- Reset the printer. To do so, unplug the power cord from the printer while it is turned on.
- Count for 60 seconds. Reconnect the cord and turn on your printer. Once the printer becomes idle and stable, check if the ink cartridge issue is resolved on it.
- Installing used and damaged ink cartridges might also lead to these kinds of problems. So, check if the cartridges are damaged.
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are damaged.
Replacing HP Officejet Pro 8710 Ink Cartridge
- First, get the replacement ink cartridge for your printer from the HP Store or retailer. Ensure to get the replacement cartridges that are designed for your printer model.
- Now, open the access door. Remove the existing cartridges from their slots.
- Unpack the new replacement cartridges. Ensure to remove the orange protective tape from the cartridges.
- Install the replacement ink cartridges into their slots and close the door.
- Pack the used cartridge and return it to the manufacturer for recycling.
- Now, align the ink cartridges by following the on-screen instructions.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Firmware Issue
Does your printer stop working, and you see Firmware Error 69666 on the Event Log screen? If yes, try these workarounds to fix it.
- Downgrade the printer firmware if you have started experiencing this issue after the firmware update.
- If the downgrade process doesn’t clear the issue, semi-full reset the printer.
- To do so, turn on the printer if it is turned off.
- Ensure that the Home screen is displayed on your printer.
- Now, press the BL (Button Left) button in the following sequence BL, BL, BL, BL.
- Choose Support > Reset > OK > Semi-Full Reset > OK.
- Complete the semi-full reset by following the on-screen instructions.
Contact us for further assistance in case you face any issues with the above procedures. For this purpose, we have provided a Call button on this page.